[Adventure] Murder Most Foul! (Judge: EvolutionKB)

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=Velmont]
I need a saving throw for the Slow from last round.
[/sblock]

Artemus give another try at the gate, but he is unable to move it again. "Tirial, help us to down that zombie" shouts Artemus, pointing the zombie fighting Boruuk. He then throw his dagger at that zombie, but Boruuk seems in the way and the dagger fly wide.

But just like the last attempt at brute force, Artemus is unable to lift the portcullis. Brute force is not the way to go.

"I'm sick o' dis thin's!"
Hasifar unleasshes a powerful explosion of light as he tries to hit the zombie enclused with him.

The magic envelopes the Zombie and it screams in pain. It ignores Knoepf and focuses its attention on Hasifar.

Knoepf tries to move, but cannot. As he reaches closer and closer to death, he still does what he can to help his comrades. In a voice audible, Knoepf states to Artemus "Hit the cold one if you can my friend and feel the healing warmth of the silver flame."

As the Zombie slashes at Knoepf and knocks him to the ground, Tirial tries one more desperate attempt to save him, but is so shaken that she misses the mark completely. "Knoepf!" she shouts in anguish.

[sblock=Disruptive Strike]
Natural 1
[/sblock]

The Zombie moves out into the corridor to attack Hasifar, but the small human is ready for him and avoids the wild swing.

Boruuk smashes the zombie to the ground, spots the discolored rock, and moves over to it. "Artemus, is this it?" the goliath shouts.

[sblock=Boruuk's Actions]
Standard: Brash Strike on Zombie 3, 24 to hit, 18 damage
Minor: Perception 24
Move: to E2
[/sblock]

With a clearer shot now, Tirial puts an arrow into Zombie 1 and it explodes into a burst of ice and cold.

[sblock=Tirial's Actions]
Standard: Twin Strike on Zombie 1

Zombie 1, 26 to hit, 11 damage, 3 hunter's quarry damage
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Artemus is unsuccessful in opening the portcullis.
Hasifar hits Zombie 1 for 36.
Tirial misses Zombie 1 with Disruptive Strike.
Zombie 1 hits Knoepf with an Opportunity Attack for 10 and immobilizies him (save ends)
Knoepf crumbles to the ground
Zombie 1 shifts out into the corridor, but misses Hasifar.
Boruuk hits Zombie 3 for 16.
Tirial hits Zombie 1 for 14.
Zombie 1 explodes, hitting Hasifar for 10 and Knoepf for 15 and slowing both of the (save ends)

Artemus 9/44, bloodied, slowed (save ends)
Hasifar 23/46, bloodied, slowed (save ends)
Knoepf -20/45, bloodied, immobilized (save ends), unconscious, dying, prone, slowed (save ends)
Zombie 1, 76, dead
Boruuk 39/62
Tirial 26/50
Zombie 3, 64, dead

It's Artemus' turn. We are still in the encounter since nobody has stabilized Knoepf.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Encounter6j.jpg
    Encounter6j.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]
"Velmont, is this it?"

"To whom are you talking?" replies Artemus ;)[/SBLOCK]

"Hasifar, Tirial, save Knoepf, I'll raise those portcullis." replies Artemus. He then rush to the panel control. "Give me some place, please." he asks Boruuk as he take out his tools. He then start to work on the panel, but it looks like a bit trickier than he expected.

[SBLOCK=OOC]End of last turn: Save (1d20=12) Saved

Move: Move to E3 (E2 if Boruuk move out of the way)
Minor: Take his thieve's tools
Standard: Thievery (1d20+11=18) My skill checks sucks in this combat.[/SBLOCK]

dimsdale

First Post
As the zombie explodes, shards of ice and waves of coldness rush through Knoepf's body. "AAAAaagggggghhhh..." the agonizing scream from the dwarven cleric is cut off as his body now stands frozen in place as if he was hit by an avalanche....mouth and eyes wide open with his back arched in pain. It is quite a dismal sight.

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]If no Thievery check is necessary, consider it a check ot make sure there is not a trap about it and he will pull the lever, and if the 18 (or less if it was a Perception check that was needed) is not enough to find that possible trap, too bad, he fall in the trap.[/SBLOCK]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]
Move
Minor to pull out tools
Minor to open door (Artemus did not know that the hidden door would pop open so easily, he thought he'd need his tools and there might be a trap)

Artemus is finished with actions.
[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Hasifar attempts to stablized Knoepf, but is unsuccessful.

[sblock=OOC]
Hasifar's Heal check is 14 (12+2). The DC is 15.

It's Knoepf's turn. He needs to make a dying saving throw.
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc]

Death saving throw number 1: 1d20= 20 lol...another crit roll. This is the 2nd time now in this adventure. The lady of the silver flame must favor her servant.

knoepf spends a healing surge :) for 11 hp

[/sblock]

Knoepf feels a surge of energy flow through his body. He gulps in a breath of fresh air, then screams as he exhales. "Aggggggghhhhh....by Cromlins Ironbard's braided blue beard...what happened!" His eyes shift from right to left, repeatedly. He then feels Hasifar shaking him violently. After a couple more deep breaths he slowly calms himself, all the while feeling the numbness in his limbs go away. "I'm ... I'm alright now Hasifar...thank you."

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Pulling the level raises the portcullises and presumably resets the trap. After resting, the group is able to leap over the portion of the floor where weight triggers the trap.

[sblock=rest]
Make the rolls for whatever healing is necessary and just let me know how many healing surges are used.
[/sblock]

Remove ads