[Adventure] Murder Most Foul! Part 2 (Judge: EvolutionKB)

nerdytenor

First Post
"Well, Knoepf, now I know who to call on when I'm looking for a little action," Acre comments nonchalantly. "And to think of the diplomatic riposte I was preparing... shame I won't have a chance to use it."

Acre draws his greatspear and slices at one of the minotaurs from a distance. Acre concentrates on Vex, and the injured fighter feels the pain of his wounds ameliorated by a warm, protective glow.

[sblock=OOC Actions]
Minor: Draw greatspear
Standard: Energizing strike (unaugmented) vs minotaur 2 hits AC 29 for 7 (nonlethal) damage. Vex gains 7 tmp hp, and Acre gains 3 tmp hp (from armor Acre gains 1/2 the tmp hp he grants)
Minor: Ardent Surge on Vex - Vex spends surge and heals an additional 7 hp. In addition, Vex gains a +1 bonus to attacks TENT Acre.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Bonuses for Acre's allies]
Within 10 of acre: +1 to Diplomacy
Within 5 of acre: +4 bonus to opportunity attack damage rolls and +2 (additional) to Diplomacy and Intimidate.
When acre spends a surge, an ally within 5 of acre can either gain 5 tmp hp or make a saving throw.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Acre Hills Stats]
Acre Hills, Half-Elf Ardent 6
Passive Perception 12, Passive Insight 14
AC 22, Fort 19, Reflex 16, Will 19 (base defenses)
HP 56/56 +3 TMP Bloodied 28 Surge Value 14, Surges 11/11
Speed 5, Initiative +4
Power Points: 4/4 Action Points: 1

Current Effects
none

Encounter Resources
USED First Ardent Surge
Second Ardent Surge
Ardent Outrage
Dimension Swap
Body Adjustment
Blazing Starfall
Second Wind
Use Action Point

Daily Resources
Battleborn Acuity
Persistent Veil
Brooch of No Regrets
Bloodthirst Bracers
[/sblock]

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
"Love to stay and play with you lads, but I need to talk to your boss for a moment," Vex purred to the hobgoblins. She swept her greatsword in a wide arc, pressing them back for the briefest of moments- but in a fight like this, even an eyeblink was a crucial interval. With a triumphant shout, she lunged across the room and slashed across the table at the gnoll archer. Then she spun the heavy blade back into a guard stance before she swung again, this time a broad cut that threatened both the gnoll and the hobgoblin leader...

[sblock= OOC:]
>Attacks all include +1 from Acre's Ardent Surge
>Standard: charge Gnoll 2 (H9, H10, H11, G12- standing beside the table if possible, otherwise leaping to stand ON the table, I'll roll Athletics just in case- CRIT success with Athletics, can she use that to flip the table over or aside?); attack with Howling Strike, +15 vs. AC= 20 (if that hits, deals 17 damage); rolls Roll Lookup
>AP: Attack with Sweeping Blow against Hob 1 and Gnoll 2, +16 vs. AC (includes bonus for using a heavy blade with this power)= 25 AC for Hob 1, 19 AC for Gnoll 2 (deals 12 damage if it hits, and both Hob 1 and Gnoll 2 are marked with Combat Challenge); rolls Roll Lookup [/sblock]

[sblock= Vex]
HP total reflects Garrick's Channeling Shield (+10 HP) and Acre's Ardent Surge (1 HS spent, 15+7 HP regained)

Revekka Amalthea d’Deneith- Human hybrid Barbarian/Fighter 6
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception 19, Passive Insight 14
AC: 23 (NOW 22)/FORT: 21/REF: 16/WILL: 16; Resist 1 (all); Speed 5 (now 6)
HP: 51+7 temp/61, Bloodied 30, Surge value: 15; Surges left 10/11
+5 to saving throws vs. Fear effects
Action points 0/1; Second Wind: not used
Swordbond (1 mile), Badge of the berserker

Powers:
Howling Strike
Howl of fury
Cleave
Vault the fallen (Used)
Sweeping blow (Used)
Physician’s care
Macetail’s rage
Rain of steel
Boundless endurance

http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:pC:Vex_(pathfinderq1)

[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Knoepf, alarmed the collection of badguys forming in such a close cluster around him and his allies, begins to chant, softly at first, then louder. Flickers of silver flame surround his body, intensifying every second that passes by. Soon Knoepf's body is engulfed in a blinding silver light, and then with a burst, all those around him, friend and foe, are engulfed by an explosion. As the flames disapates, the two with shield and axe and the three with twin blades appear to be weakened. Knoepf, on the other hand, seems much stronger, feeling the power of the lady of the silver flame throughout his entire body.

[sblock=actions]
free: divine fortune: +1 on next attack TENT
minor: none
movement: none
attack: beacon of hope: 1d20+10+1 vs will: min1, min2, hob4, hob3, and hob2: rolls respectively 30, 21, 15, 23, 23

No one gains any hp because they are already maxed and vex is now too far away

Knoepf gain +5 hp restored with any healing powers used until the end of the encounter

I hope those all hit :) hob4 might be a miss

immediate interupt: if one of the badguys misses knoepf with an attack knoepf plans on using goblin stomper boot power to shift to k7

[/sblock]

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Garrick swings at the Minotaur, but misses by quite a bit. Not giving up, he spins around and gives it a grazing wound on its arm.

As the Minotaur present in front of him, Malehan draw his Falchion and decide to engage him, but the elf seems rusted since his last fight and easily miss his target.

"Well, Knoepf, now I know who to call on when I'm looking for a little action," Acre comments nonchalantly. "And to think of the diplomatic riposte I was preparing... shame I won't have a chance to use it."

Acre draws his greatspear and slices at one of the minotaurs from a distance. Acre concentrates on Vex, and the injured fighter feels the pain of his wounds ameliorated by a warm, protective glow.

"Love to stay and play with you lads, but I need to talk to your boss for a moment," Vex purred to the hobgoblins. She swept her greatsword in a wide arc, pressing them back for the briefest of moments- but in a fight like this, even an eyeblink was a crucial interval. With a triumphant shout, she lunged across the room and slashed across the table at the gnoll archer. Then she spun the heavy blade back into a guard stance before she swung again, this time a broad cut that threatened both the gnoll and the hobgoblin leader...

Vex just misses the Gnoll the first time, the table gets in her way. Her followup blow lands solidly on the Hobgoblin, but the table gets in her way a second time for the Gnoll. It appears that the Gnoll picked a good spot to shoot from.

Knoepf, alarmed the collection of badguys forming in such a close cluster around him and his allies, begins to chant, softly at first, then louder. Flickers of silver flame surround his body, intensifying every second that passes by. Soon Knoepf's body is engulfed in a blinding silver light, and then with a burst, all those around him, friend and foe, are engulfed by an explosion. As the flames disapates, the two with shield and axe and the three with twin blades appear to be weakened. Knoepf, on the other hand, seems much stronger, feeling the power of the lady of the silver flame throughout his entire body.

Hobgoblin 1 pulls out a spear and stabs Vex solidly in the leg, but Vex hardly notices the blow. "Take her down team." the Hobgoblin yells.

Hobgoblin 2 shifts away from the fight and then charges Vex, hitting her in the back, but again Vex dismisses it.

Hobgoblin 3 also shifts away from the fight and charges Vex. It too slams Vex in the back, but this time it is an extremely solid blow, but again, a lot less than expected.

Hobgoblin 4 shifts into flank on Garrick and quickly slices him in the arm and the leg.

"Argghh. What did funny little man do? Feel strange. No matter. Goodbye little man. Youse easy." Minotaur 1 says as it slashes Knoepf across his chest, but the blow is weak.

Minotaur 2 swings a massive blow at Knoepf's head, but Garrick's magic knocks the battleaxe aside just enough to turn it into a glancing blow on Knoepf's arm.

Gnoll 1 shifts and targets Garrick, but misses.

Gnoll 2 pulls out a handaxe and swings across the table at Vex, but misses.

The warforged does nothing.

The patrons continue to do nothing with the exception of a few cheering on one side or the other, but a few more patrons from the main part of the tavern start heading in this direction to watch (off map).

[sblock=OOC]
Terrain: The tables and chair squares are difficult terrain. To go horizontally or vertically through a round table is just difficult terrain. To go diagonally through a round table or to cross over a rectangular table is both difficult terrain, and a DC 15 Athletics or Acrobatics check. Failure means that the PC slips and falls prone in the starting square and that ends his move action. For example, going from square M9 to O9 is a check and if it fails, the PC is prone in M9 and the move action is finished. The tables also provide cover from ranged attacks for those standing within or adjacent to a table/chair square in the opposing direction (e.g. F13 has cover from I8, but I8 doesn't have cover from F13).

Map guide: A yellow triangle indicates some type of condition or effect (marked, stunned, etc.). A blue circle indicates prone. A little red dot indicates bloodied.

Garrick uses a shroud, but misses Minotaur 2, so he loses the shroud damage.
Garrick hits Minotaur 2 for 21, 14 +2 curse, +5 first hit.

Note: Aegis of Shielding is an example of what I wanted in the action or stat blocks. Since Otakkun did not state how much damage AoS prevents (9, which btw, also isn't listed on Garricks character sheet), I had to go look it up.

Note: Since Frigid Blade hits, it means that Minotaur 2 has its speed lowered by 4 if it starts its turn next to Garrick. This too was not listed in the action or stat block and I had to go look it up. Remember people, you know your PCs. I'm not yet quite so familiar with them. Thanks.

Malehan misses Minotaur 2.

Note: stat block please Velmont.

Vex misses Gnoll 2 due to cover. Vex hits Hobgoblin 1 for 12. Vex misses Gnoll 2 due to cover. The table is large and heavy and requires a substantial action to knock over. Plus, that wouldn't do too much. However, Vex now has cover from Gnoll 2.

Note: By my count, Vex should have had 44 hit points (12+10+15+7) plus 7 temporary hit points before the monsters turn, not 51 hit points. I think you added Acre's additional 7 points in twice.

Knoepf hits Minotaur 1, Hobgoblin 3 and Hobgoblin 2 and weakens them. Knoepf misses the rest. After their turns, the creatures are no longer weakened.

Note: dimsdale, please put the order in which Knoepf attacks monsters in the Invisible Castle "Note" section when doing multiple foe attacks. Thanks.

Note: Divine Fortune only adds +1 to the first attack roll, not all attack rolls with a single power. Nice try though. Brownie points for the attempt. ;)

Note: stat block please dimsdale.

Hobgoblin 1 hits Vex for 11 which becomes 4 due to temporary hit points.

Hobgoblin 2 hits Vex for 10 which becomes 5 due to weakened.

Hobgoblin 3 criticals Vex for 17 which becomes 8 due to weakened. Sorry pathfinderq1, one of those "DM rolls out of his butt" times. I never rolled lower than a 17 to hit against Vex with the hobgoblins this round. Fortunately, your team helped save Vex's bacon this round.

Hobgoblin 4 hits Garrick for 8 which becomes 6 due to temporary hit points and also hits for another 8.

Minotaur 1 hits Knoepf for 14 which becomes 7 due to weakened.

Minotaur 2 criticals Knoepf for 16 which becomes 7 due to Aegis of Shielding.

Gnoll 1 misses Garrick.

Gnoll 2 misses Vex.

Vex 27/61, bloodied, cover against Gnoll 2
Hobgoblin 1 (Hob 1), marked by Vex
Hobgoblin 2 (Hob 2)
Hobgoblin 3 (Hob 3)
Hobgoblin 4 (Hob 4)
Minotaur 1 (Min 1)
Minotaur 2 (Min 2), 45, Aegis of Shielding, -4 speed TENT Garrick, Oath of Enmity
Gnoll 1 (Gno 1), cover against everyone
Gnoll 2 (Gno 2), cover against everyone, marked by Vex
Warforged (War)
Patrons
Acre 56/56, 3 temporary hit points
Malehan 62/62
Garrick 43/57
Knoepf 36/50

It's the PC's turns.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Encounter 1c.jpg
    Encounter 1c.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 136

Otakkun

Explorer
[sblock=OOC] Good point about the extra info. I'll keep that in mind. [/sblock]

After a quick exchange of blows, Garrick notices that the flow of battle isn't going as well as he first hoped, Vex's position on the field leaving him way to vulnerable to multiple attacks from the crowd of goblinoids.

Keeping an eye open for his allies is something that comes almost as second hand to Garrick, the flow of arcane power flowing almost without his command as he notices one of the hobgoblins aiming for one of Vex's blind spot. "Hope you friend appretiates your blade more than us", he musses as the creature suddenly pops in and out of existance with his blade now directed towards one of the minotaur's side.

Unable to do more for the woman swordfighter, Garrick then focuses on his own foe, executing a vicious slash to the minotaur's upper body, arcane forces already at work as the creature is forced to move away from Garrick and his friends. "Stay!" he barks at the minotaur, his voice commanding.
Using the same arcane force he applied to force the minotaur away, Garrick slides backwards and out of the other hobgoblin's reach, taking advantage of that small break to call shadows upon his body as he partially disolves into darkness as he moves away.

[sblock=Actions, includes another interrupt]
Immediate interrupt on the attack against Vex: Dimensional Vortex vs Hobgoblin 1 1d20+13=24 vs Will & teleport him to J-9. He uses his melee attack against minotaur 2 dealing 5 extra damage.

Standard Action: Eldritch Strike on Minotaur 2 + Curse Damage (1d20+13=25 vs AC, 1d8+6+1d6=12 damage) & slide him 3 squares to M-11

Minor Action: Slide 1 to H-6 (White Lotus Evasion)

Move Action: Move to F-5

Special:
Garrick gains 2 temp HP from hitting Minotaur 2.
Minotaur 2 has a -4 speed penatly until the end of his turn.
If Minotaur 2 attacks Garrick before the start of Garrick's turn, he suffers 4 damage (White Lotus Riposte).
Aegis of Shielding: If Minotaur 2 makes an attack that doesn’t include Garrick as a target, it takes a –2 penalty to attack rolls. If that attack hits and the marked target is within 10 squares of Garrick, he can use an immediate interrupt to reduce the damage dealt by that attack to any one creature by an amount equal to 9.
Shadow Walk: Garrick is concealed until the end of his next turn. [/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Stats]Garrick d'Orien, Human Warlock|Swordmage 6
Speaks in RoyalBlue
HP 43/57 Temp HP 0
Initiative +4
AC 23, Fort 19, Reflex 19, Will 17
AP 0, Surges 11/11
Diabolic Grasp [ ]
Channeling Shield [X]
Dimensional Vortex [X]
Fey Switch [ ]
Vestige of Baatar [ ]
Frost Backlash [ ]

Special
+2 item bonus to all defenses against enemies under his warlock curse.
+2 temp HP every time Garrick hits with an arcane power an enemy marked by him.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Nicely done Garrick! Don't worry about Vex. I'll come to her aide.

Knoepf ignores pain from the multiple hits from the fighters and shouts to Vex. Stand your ground Vex. Create havoc with your blade! Knoepf the closes his eyes in concentration. Both Vex and Knoepf feel the healing warmth spread through their bodies.

[sblock=actions]
minor: healing word on Vex Range 5 (please let me know if she is within range): 2d6+11 plus surge and +5 from beacon of hope = 20 plus Vex spends another hs.

minor: second wind: for 12 bring hp up to 48 and surges down to 7
movement: none

immediate interrupt if knoepf is missed by an attack (goblin stomper power) shift south one square

[/sblock]

[sblock=statblock]
sblock=stats]
Knoepf: Dwarf Cleric 6
Advantageous Conditions:
Adverse Conditions:
Initiative: +1 Passive Insight: 22 Passive Perception: 17
Senses: Low Light Vision
Saving Throws: +5 vs poison
HP 50 48
Bloodied 25
Surge Value 12; Surges Per-Day 8 7 left
AC =20 Fortitude 15 Reflex 14 Will 21 Speed 5
Action Point: 1
Second Wind: USED
Powers
At will:
Astral Seal
Sacred Flame
Floating Lantern
Encounter:
Divine Fortune USED
Healer's Mercy
Healing Word 2 (1 USED)
Bane
Hymm of Resurgence:
Daily Standard:
Life Transference
Beacon of Hope USED
Symbol of Perservence
Halo of Consequence
[/sblock]

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=Actions, includes another interrupt]
Immediate interrupt: Dimensional Vortex vs Hobgoblin 1 1d20+13=24 vs Will & teleport him to J-9. He uses his melee attack against minotaur 2 dealing 5 extra damage.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
I assumed that Garrick wanted to use his immediate interrupt last round to protect Knoepf from Minotaur 2's attack.

Did he want to protect Vex from Hobgoblin 1's attack instead by using Dimensional Vortex?

Or does he want to protect Vex in the upcoming round with Dimensional Vortex (and not use Aegis of Shielding this upcoming round)?

Remember, only one Interrupt per turn.

Interrupts have a real problem with PBP since you cannot interrupt the DM mid-post. You either have to state what you will be interrupting ahead of time, or the DM has to retcon a bunch of stuff. It's doubly worse since you have Aegis of Shielding which is a potential II every single turn. So do you want me to assume you are using Aegis of Shielding, or do you want to post it after the fact (which still results in retcons)?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads