[Adventure] New Cyre Borderlands (Judge: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
ooc - I will do my best. I believe RickRoll deviated from the encounter he sent in to the judges. There were no elite enemies in this first encounter.

[sblock=elite and RR]
The dwarf had 162 hit points and was able to attacked 3 PCs with an action point. That sounds pretty elite to me (probably around 7th level elite).

Just FYI, RickRoll mentioned 5 weeks ago that he had had a family illness. I had forgotten that he had written that. It's possible that the illness got more serious and RR might be back sometime.
[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]
I will work on a wrap-up post if that's cool and get you back to town?
That's cool with me, too. It may be easiest to just have the dwarf run off? I mean, he's not even bloodied yet and it's his turn, so he could take a couple hits and just bolt. He'd probably escape us in this fog, especially since he knows the land and we don't, and that would preserve RR's storyline pretty well in case he wanted to pick it up again. (And yeah, the dwarf did have an AP and about 3x the HP of the other guys, so he may have been elite.)[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Mystery Foes]
I think I may have figured out the enemies...

RR at least put the power's name in his posts so in Compendium Dance of the Knife is found in only 2 monsters, a level 3 standard skirmisher and a level 7 elite skimisher (bonus points to KD for being right).

Dance of Death is from Shadar-Kai Chainfighters - level 6 skirmisher

The hobgoblin's I think are Hobgoblin Bladebearer's - level 5 skirmishers
[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=Judge]
Ok, so it seems you want to call it after this encounter? I can tell you will likely defeat these enemies without a TPK so it shouldn't be an issue hand-waving the final couple rounds. I will work on a wrap-up post if that's cool and get you back to town? [/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]
Sounds good to me :)[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
The group dispatches the remaining hobgoblin with ease and the dwarf seeing himself overmatched and outmanned, turns tail and flees into the mist. The adventurer's scour the area, but fail to find any further enemies. Perhaps this was an expeditionary force of another group, but why would Darguun risk the ire of Breland? A mystery that appears will remain open.

The labourers are found tied up inside the tower, they are exhausted, starving, and in some discomfort, but are grateful for the rescue. The guard members of House Deneith were less fortunate, their bodies are found in shallow graves to the south of the tower.

Upon returning to New Cyre, the captain of the guard, Nathan Faringray has mixed feelings, happy for your aide, but anxious about the seemingly random assault and the failure of the House Deneith guards. He provides a small reward for the group and provides transportation via the Lightning Rail back to Sharn.

[sblock=OOC]
Ok, stonegod told me I don't need another judge to review as I'm only rewarding based on RR's game.

So here we go:

Skill Challenge: Level 5 x 3 complexity = 250 x 3 = 750 xp + 33% increase due to difficulty increase by RR = 1000 xp

Battle:
2 x level 5 skirmisher = 200 x 2 = 400
2 x level 6 skirmisher = 250 x 2 = 500
1 x level 7 elite skirmisher = 600

Total encounter xp = 1500

Total xp = 2500*2/5 = 1000 xp each
Total RP's = 2 for each player representing time from April - June

Treasure (Jarren received his in King's Forest):
Unit 16 - level n of gold = 840 gp
Ryda - level n of gold = 840 gp

The xp awarded represents 50% of the way to level 5 for Grys & Mythra so I can award 1 parcel - 1 = Grys; 2 = Mythra (1d2=1)
Grys wins the coin toss

Grys - level n of gold = 840 gp

Extra gold for everyone:

50% of a level x level n gold/5 = 50% x (840/5) = 84 gold pieces each.

So in summary:

XP = 920 each
Gold = 84 gold each
Individual rewards:
Unit 16, Grys, and Ryda each receive their level n of gold parcel.

That should be it, feel free to head into the tavern. Good luck in the future.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]What an amazingly fast and efficient wrap-up! :) Thanks a bunch, R1! We owe ya!

ps. Anti, I gave R1 some XP on your behalf.[/sblock]

Mezegis

First Post
After the dwarf flees into the mists and the group decides he has escaped, Ryda slowly sits and takes out a few rolls of bandages from her pack. Adjusting her cloths, she slowly binds her wounds while the others tend to those they found. She barely responds when spoken too, and here eyes stare off into distance, unfocused and deep in thought.

On the return trip on the Lightning Rail, Ryda gathers the group, “I have been thinking a lot about this little escapade, and the fights I’ve been in before. I don’t much like getting cut, let alone so much that it takes nearly everything Jarren has to keep me going, nearly at the cost of his and Susan’s life. I’ve been thinking about our first job, just the three of us, and how smoothly it went, with Susan being the target pretty much exclusively, just the way she likes it. As a contrast, this latest fight with the Hobgoblins and the Dwarf, the enemies were everywhere among us less resilient types. Maybe we were still in the feeling out phase, I don’t know, but I do know that it seems some of our fighting styles do not blend well. We are heading back to Sharn, and I’m sure there are a good number of fellow adventurers there. Some of you I would welcome continued company with, but I am not military, and won’t ever function like that.” She says, looking each person in the eyes as she speaks. “What are your thoughts on the matter?”

Luinnar

First Post
Mythra does not respond to Ryda question. Given Mythra's personality however, this in not a bad thing. If he disliked anyone in the party he would of said so.

[sblock=ooc]
I would be happy to adventure with anyone in the future :)[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads