[Adventure OOC]: Shards of Eldanarth (DM: MadAzolin)

I have one (most powerful) daily left, spent my most powerful item, spent AP.

Also, I would hate to think I could've used it in the fight against owlbears if we're to rest immediately :)

jbear

First Post
I have Flaming Sphere daily, which would be good against trolls. AP used but was the journey here when we lost a bunch of surges not considered an encounter? So the owlbears would have been the second encounter? meaning it was a mile stone?

MadAzolin

First Post
OOC: I will leave you bit more of time for deciding what to do next, will consider party is moving on unless someone says otherwise

jbear

First Post
So, not too many opinions on this one ....

Let's just move on through the swamp in the troll's wake as per Metavoid's now clarified plan
(as far as that will take us in the right direction):

Once that trail becomes clear that it is not going where we want it to be going we head back towards the other side of the swamp.

When we near the edge of the swamp we find another place to hole up so that when the moon changes we can walk out without being touched.

I am happy enough to agree to that. What I would have liked to have had clarified was the timing e.g. how long until the moon changes; how long do we estimate it will take to cross the swamp. But never mind, moving in the troll's wake will hopefully have some advantage (other than leading us to the trolls' lair where others now await for us, stoking the fires beneath their giant cauldron :p ).

MadAzolin

First Post
[sblock="nature DC 20"] While it is not difficult to say how long until Hunter's moon sets, especially from this position - sky is barely visible through the canopy, your hunch is it will be several more hours.

As for crossing the swamp, it didn't seem that swamp is very wide, so if everything goes allright, you would expect to cross it before 'the morning'.
[sblock="nature DC 25"] After some more thinking and counting, you are fairly certain it will be around 5 hours before the moon sets. [/sblock]
[/sblock]

MadAzolin

First Post
Deciding not to rest here for prolonged time, companions set forth through the swamp. With no easy and clear path ahead, travel goes slowly as party wanders through knee deep mud, breaks through choking vines and circles around pools too deep to cross without swimming.
Pale illumination from far-away lamps and glittering mist that permeates the area mixes with occasional ray of blood red radiance of Hunter's moon piercing the canopy, strange illumination barely strong enough for human to see anything. Deep shadows cover the area, some of them seemingly moving as if having will of their own and hushed sounds of some strange creatures echo from the distance - it seems that deep mist mutes the sounds as well as vision.

Remove ads