Adventure Paths with planar options

VariSami

First Post
I bought Expedition to the Demonweb Pits from a sale for 10€ (a real bargain, imo) thinking that it might come in handy and recalling that it probably had the rules for Cambions. When I actually received the book, I was dumbstruck with joy: it has the rules for Dabuses, Cambions (though questionable), revised Corrupted and Rule-of-Three. It even has information on the Styx Oarsman, a place which has been mentioned in my current Planescape-campaign and will be visited shortly. Even the prestige classes seemed flavourful and possibly fitting for a character or two.

Having been so positively surprised, I bagan to wonder: what about all the other adventure paths? As such, do you have any suggestions? I'm especially interested in any which have information on Sigil and the Outer Planes but I welcome anything planar - or anything otherwise handy - that has not been printed elsewhere or is a reprint from 3e.

The Shackled City Adventure Path sends the PCs to Occitipus, a layer within the Abyss that was once part of Celestia. And at the very end of the campaign the PCs travel to Carceri.

MarkB

Legend
I only ran Savage Tide up until the party reached the island, but as I recall there is a fair amount of planar travel involved in later installments.

VariSami

First Post
Ok, great. Thanks. I was thinking more along the lines of DM & Player options and preferably in official WotC publications but I'll definitely need to check those.

Wycen

Explorer
Expedition to the Demonwebs isn't an Adventure Path. It might be a mega adventure though. I can't recall if I bought it.

Anyway, an adventure path is going to follow the idea that each part comes in an installation. So, part 1 comes out. Then part 2, and so on until the final installation is released.

Prior to 4E, I believe, ALL "Adventure Paths" were published by Paizo, the official publisher of Dragon and Dungeon Magazines for WotC. I could be wrong though, was the Red Hand of Doom an adventure path? Some might also call the original 3E published modules an adventure path, but as we understand them, Paizo is responsible for the word.

MarkB

Legend
The Adventure Path concept as done by Paizo was an extended campaign designed to take a party all the way up through the normal level progression. Red Hand of Doom covered several levels' worth, but it didn't have quite the same scope.

Remove ads