Adventure: Protection (Mal Malenkirk)

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Aedan]Okay, reviewing your action, you'd need to roll an athletic check to climb down or else take 2d10 falling damage reduced by an acrobatic checks (two skills you ain't trained in!).

Once on the ground, you would take an Opportunity Attack from the swordman because you are shooting in a threatened square.

It's not impossible you could get dropped from all that potential damage!

I'm going to be very, very nice and assume that inexperience, unfamiliarity with the rules and/or insuficient information on my part led to that decision. So I will give you the option of just stepping onto Q24 and then, you know, shooting at the swordman from the roof! The attacks still miss, but at least you don't expose yourself to a potential 2d10+1d6+5 of damage!

PS:I will point out though that if you had moved onto the roof 2 square in (Q21), you would have been out of sight of the swordman and could have made a stealth check. If successful, you could have used deft strike to move back to the edge of the roof and shot with combat advantage and sneak attack. 15+2 would have hit. Not that I would allow this much of a retcon, but think about this sort of maneuver. That's the whole point of deft strike and ranged rogues.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Yishim]The spot you wanted to shift had been filled by Owen a few post before you. On the plus side, he had killed the Fire Elemental so I had you shift there instead.

There was no Line of Effect from the square P20 to the Hobgoblin accross the corner.

The Coup de grace is invalid. First of all, you still need to hit with an attack, it's not auto-hit. Secondly, you need to be adjacent. Finally, it is a standard action of its own, not something that is part of another Standard Action.

vs Swordman (helpless, -5 defenses) (1d20+7+2=14)

He is hit normally for 6.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Artemis]
I can see by the time stamp that your posts were 20 minutes apart. Let's leave it to stand as is. I trust no one will jurisprudence this into a problem...
[/sblock]

[sblock=Queen]You didn't post novements so I assume you Wildshaped into human to cast wildshaped back for protection.

Try to include these details for clarity, though.
[/sblock]

GM: Dante, Gilgamesh, Lenard, Mercurial and Sound of Stone are up

[sblock=S&S]
Wyrmling: 72/96, cursed (Art.), grants CA on everyone except Artemis' next turn (just once)
Big Boss: 165/185 Full defense, Slowed (TENT)
Swordman L19:
Swordman P20: 34/40 Unconscious (Save ends)
Swordman P26: 33/40
Fire Elemantal O21: 26/27 No OA TENT, Slowed TENT
Fire Elemental L25: 9/27 Quarry (Mikara)
Water Elemental K19: 8/29 Oath (dante)

Aedan: 19/24
Artemis Hark: 14/24 -1H
Dante: 15/27 adjacent enemies -2 TENT
Gilgamesh: 18/26 +1 AC TENT, -1H
Halcyon: 9/29 +2 defenses TENT, AP&SW spent,
Lenard: 13/28 Ap spent
Mercurial: 17/24 -1H
Mikara: 30/39, AP spent
Owen: 12+5/28 AP spent
Queen: 22/30 WS
Sound of Stone: 10/24 AP&SW spent , prone
Yishim: 25/29 AP spent

Gang Leader (Sinruth, Hobgoblin)
Perception 13
HP 185; Bloodied 92
AC 22 (24 with phalanx soldier); Fortitude 16, Reflex 16, Will 12
OA: Chain Trip (standard; requires spiked chain, at-will) Weapon
reach 2; +6 vs Reflex; 1d6+4 damage, and the target is knocked prone.
Phalanx Soldier
Sinruth gains a +2 bonus to AC while at least one hobgoblin ally is adjacent to it.

Wyrmling
Perception 14
HP 96; Bloodied 48
AC 18; Fortitude 17, Reflex 17, Will 16
Resist 5 lightning
OA: Claw (standard, at-will)
+10 vs AC; 1d4+5 damage.

Hobgoblin toadies
Perception 11
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
AC 17 (19 with phalanx soldier); Fortitude 15, Reflex 13, Will 12
OA: Longsword (standard, at-will) Weapon
+6 vs AC; 5 damage.
Phalanx Soldier:
The hobgoblin grunt gains a +2 bonus to AC while at least one hobgoblin ally is adjacent to it.

Archers
Perception 21
HP 32; Bloodied 16
AC 15; Fortitude 11, Reflex 13, Will 12
OA: Short Sword (if drawn)
+5 vs AC; 1d6+4 damage.

Lesser Fire ElementalHP 27; Bloodied 13 Initiative +6
Perception 11
AC 14, Fortitude 12, Reflex 14, Will 13
Frozen in Place
Whenever the lesser fire elemental takes cold damage, it cannot shift until the end of its next turn.
OA: Slam (Fire)
Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +4 vs. Reflex
Hit: Ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).

Lesser Water Elemental
Perception 10
HP 29; Bloodied 14 Initiative +2
AC 15, Fortitude 14, Reflex 13, Will 12
Sensitive to Cold
Whenever the lesser water elemental takes cold damage, it gains vulnerable 5against the next attack that hits it before the end of its next turn.
OA: Slam
Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +4 vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d6 damage, and ongoing 5 damage (save ends).

Swordmen
Perception 12
HP 40; Bloodied 20
AC 18; Fortitude 18, Reflex 14, Will 14
OA: Short sword
+7 vs AC; 1d6+5 damage. Effect: The watchman marks the target until the end of the watchman’s next turn
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Round3-2.jpg
    Round3-2.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 102

rb780nm

First Post
OOC:
Move:Stand up

Standard: Masterful spiral - range 2 should hit P26, Q27. (Just realized that I cant stand and slide, sorry, ignore the attack on the wyrmling)

Masterful spiral on P26, Q27. (1d20+5=8 vs 14 Miss, 1d20+5=19 vs 14 Hit, 3d8+5=13) vs Reflex

Assume Spiral Stance, all my ranges are increased by one until the stance ends (and as I have no other stances...).

6 points of damage on P26, 13 on Q27.

Free: Flurry of Blows +4 hp damage to P26, slide him to Q25

Sound of Stone comes to standing. With an insectiod shriek, he spins his spear above his head, striking the adjacent swordsman with a glancing blow and connecting more solidly with the fire elemental. A flurry of clawed arms gouges a second wound across the body of the swordsman, pushing him away from the wizard standing behind the Thri-kreen. Sound of Stone drops into a new fighting stance, holding his spear by the end, extending his reach.

OOC: Mal, is the Fire Ele at Q27 still there? He's not listed in the statuses. If he's not there, I'll want to retcon my actions a fair bit.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
GM: Monsters not listed in the status simply have nothing noteworthy about them; full hp and suffers no condition (note how none of the archers are listed, for example).

kristoaster

First Post
Hearing the rallying shout to join ranks, Dante makes one last swipe at the water elemental with a cry of, "Take that, you useless puddle!" and steps back defensively.

OOC:
Standard: Leading Strike: On a hit, next ally to attack this enemy gets +4 to damage. Two rolls because of OoE. (1d20+7, 1d20+7, 1d10+4=[18, 7], [9, 7], [6, 4]) - hit! 10 damage & next ally adjacant to Dante or the target to attack gets a +4 bonus to damage against the target.
Move: Shift 1 E.
Minor: Aegis of Shielding vs Swordsman in L19

LogicsFate

First Post
[sblock=Queen]You didn't post novements so I assume you Wildshaped into human to cast wildshaped back for protection.

Try to include these details for clarity, though.
[/sblock]

[sblock] Hey, sorry I ran out of time for fluff description. My orginal post didn't include movement or shifting because i decided not to move and didn't know I had to shift to human to cast that. I see now that it doesn't have the beast form descriptor *Flogs self*.
Queen would have taken the forced shift to L22 and the second one back to the original spot.[/sblock]

Fyrm

First Post
Mercurial is so excited about the action, that he doesn't notice the dragon until it passes over head. Shocked, he stumbles back a step, and focuses on the fighting once more. This'll help with your wounds metal man. And remember those constructs I mentioned?
As he sais this, he throws a vial of glowing liquid at Halycon, as well as a small mechanical man, which, before releasing a spray of gears and cogs apron the dragon, grows to a more manecing size.
OOC: Actions:
Move: shift to M23
Minor: healing infusion: curative on Halycon. Healing surge value+2
Standard: convert to Minor: Obedient servant in O22
Ap: Standard: Obedient servant's attack on dragon

[sblock=obedient servant]
He has my bloodiede value in health, and my defences. move 6. and any enemy that is marked and starts it's turn next to him takes 2 damge. He also gets to make OAs for me. they are +7 vs AC, and deal 1d10+5 damage, and mark the target. Also, this picture looks good for his token, or anything else, realy.
http://www.bibi.org/box/2005/abril/Ask_Jeevs_9000.gif
[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
Mercurial- Changeling Artificer
Initiative:+0 Passive Perception:17Passive Insight:12
AC:16 Fort:12 Ref:14 Will:14 HP:17/24 Bloodied:12 Surge Value:6 Surges:7/7 Speed:6 Action Points:0
Powers Used::)Healing Infusion, Healing Infusion, Obedient Servant
Powers Unused: Changeling Trick, Shielding Cube
[/sblock]

Remove ads