Adventure: Protection (Mal Malenkirk)

CaBaNa

First Post
OOC: This is the finished post, sorry about the delay. I'm going from the map update, though it's slightly off from my final turn update. No worries, this is huge, and you're doing really well Mal. Almost done, just adding the fluff and updated ministat.

Swirling motes of green begin to form in the air near the gang leader, the mist form begins spreading out, filling the air behind the brutish racketeer. Vapor spills out of the cloud, crossing the street, until the hazy opaque mixture rests behind the swordsman Dante had engaged. It's fumes reach far past the visible vapor and choke those unfortunate creatures already standing too close.

Keep them against the mists, it's hard breathing air full of acidic fumes.

A flash of light and the orb in Gil's hand glows, he seems to move inhumanly fast, and appears behind the cover of a building across the street.

He stands still, hoping most of his enemies missed the quick movement. Reaching back and pulling the grappling hook from it's place on his pack, the human's eyes glance quickly at the roof and back to the rope. Hmm... Maybe... thinks Gil, eyeing the knot holding the grapple to the rope.

[sblock=OOC]

@kristoaster Thanks for stepping Dante back, I placed the cloud behind the enemies, preventing escape for the slowed creatures, and allowing you to step in and engage, in case they don't move.

Standard, Caustic Rampart, area wall 5 within 10 squares, Dante Mephisto Gilgamesh conjures a wall of acidic fumes. The wall occupies L18-P18, and it lasts until the end of Dante Mephisto Gilgamesh's next turn. The wall is difficult terrain and it's squares are lightly obscured. Any creature that starts it's turn within the wall or adjacent to it takes acid damage equal to 1d6+6.
Sustain Minor: The wall persists.
First Damage with wall, 11 acid damage L19, 7 acid damage P19, 7 acid damage O20.

Move shift with orb of nimble thoughts, 4 squares to K23, Stealth 14 -5 penalty already included. Hidden from, toady, water elemental except 27Y, Swordman at L19,

Minor: Pull out "climbers kit"

[/sblock]

[sblock=Gil at K23, will use moonstride if an enemy moves adjacent, shifting around the building if possible.]
Gil Human Hybrid Wizard/Artificer Multiclass Assassin
AC 16 Fort 14 Reflex 17 Will 14
HP 18/26 Surges 7/7 Surge value 6
Passive Insight 17, Passive Perception 17, Normal vision
Second Wind Not Used, AP total 0, Speed 6, Initiative +7, Languages Common, Draconic
At-will powers; Thundering Armor, Winged Horde, Scorching Burst, Ghost Sound, Light, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand
Encounter powers; Grasping Shadows, Shadow Step, Moonstride, Healing Infusion: Curative or Resistive,Orb Shift
Daily powers; Caustic Rampart

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Mercurial]I assume that you meant O23 for the servant instead of O22. otherwise your servant would get an OA from the fire elemental while doing his ranged 5 attack. Since he isn't marked by Halcyon, there is no upside.

If you really meant to put the servant adjacent to the fire elemental, say so at the start of your turn, roll the OA and I'll retcon.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Dante Gilgamesh]
Your wall placement in conjonction with damage roll is confusing as hell. You placed the wall at L18 to P18 and rolled damage for L19, P19 and O20. L19 is the swordman, fair enough. P19 and O20 are empty squares though. And why would you roll damage for O20 anyway if the wall really is at L18 to P18? That's not adjacent.

I am guessing you meant to put the wall through L19 to P19 and to target L19(Swordman), O19 (boss) and P20 (sleeping swordman). That's the only thing that makes sense in conjonction with your attack rolls.

Please be extra careful with coordinates, especially since your PC is area-effetc-happy. The time you don't take to double check is transfered on to me...

Also, for your stealth, at K23 you are only eligible to make a stealth check against the swordman at L19 (amongst the foes on ground level)[/sblock]

The wall of acid change the battlefield greatly. One swordman, standing right into the fog surges forward to avoid the pain but Queen, in the form of a wild swarm, graps her foe bodily and push him back toward the acid. He still manages to escape the fog but he is greatly weakened by acid, grasping shadows and claws.

The fire elemental are annoying as ever and Yishim gets burned.

The menacing boss is at last in melee and he is pissed from all the bee stings, acid burns and other mishaps he had to endured. His chain flashes and before he knows how it happened, Halcyon is on his back.

The archers move for the kill. Well, most of them. The one standing alone on the south west building doesn't like his location and takes a running leap accross the street to flank Aedan... But he misjudge the distance and falls down to the street, cursing loudly.

[sblock=Actions]
Goon Moves around the building

Swordmen
L19
Move: to N21
Provokes OA from Queen and Dante
Dante OA vs Swordman (1d20+4=11, 1d10+1=10) miss
Grasping claw OA vs Swordman reflex (1d20+4=24, 1d8+4=9) crit, 12dmg
Logical thing to do is slide him back toward the wall
Standard: Convert to move and go back to L21
This enters the grasping shadow zone for 5 dmg

Swordman next to SoS
Sword vs Sound of Stone AC (1d20+7=18, 1d6+5=8) hit

Sleeping Beauty
save swordman (1d20=7) takes damage from stinging cloud

Fire elemental
Moves: TPL (remember they can shift as minor)
Fire elemental vs Reflex 1:Mikara 2:Yishim 3:Summoned Servant (1d20+4=14, 1d20+4=23, 1d20+4=11) yishim gets ongoing fire 5

Water Elemental
Move:TPL

Boss:
Move:TPL
Standard
Chain Trip vs Halcyon reflex (1d20+6=13, 1d6+4=10) hit, Halcyon is prone
Ends in stinging cloud, tales damage

Archers:

SE archer tries to jump
Atletic Jump DC 10 (1d20+2=6)

Ah!

Falling dmg and Acrobatic check to reduce (2d10=9, 1d20+5=18) he takes no damage from the fall. Second move to get back up. Minor to curse loudly.

The other archers:
Move TPL
Standard:
1:Mikara (this one has +2 to hit from mobile attack) 2:Aedan (1d20+7=24, 1d10+4=14, 1d20+7=18, 1d10+4=5) both hit

Dragon:
Move:Shift TPL
Breath weapon 1:Dante Gilgamesh 2:Mercurial 3:Artemis (1d20+8=13, 1d20+8=24, 1d20+8=18, 2d6+4=11)[/sblock]

GM: Status Highlights:

Yishim, Mikara, Halcyon, Queen, Owen and Aedan have Combat Advantage on the Dragon for their next attack (Lead by Example)

The Edges of the roofs are elevated and grant cover. So for example if Aedan is at T21, he has cover from the archer south. Remember the cunning sneak class feature this time.

[sblock=S&S]
Wyrmling: 61/96, cursed (Art.), grants CA on everyone except Artemis' next turn (just once)
Big Boss: 149/185 Full defense, Slowed (TENT)
Swordman L21: 12/40 Marked (Dante)
Swordman P20: 18/40 Unconscious (Save ends)
Swordman Q25: 23/40
Fire Elemantal O21: 26/27 No OA TENT, Slowed TENT
Fire Elemental L25: 9/27 Quarry (Mikara)
Fire Elemental Q27: 14/27

Aedan: 14/24 AP spent
Artemis Hark: 3/24 -1H
Dante: 15/27 adjacent enemies -2 TENT
Gilgamesh: 13/26 -1H
Halcyon: 8/29 AP&SW spent, prone
Lenard: 13/28 Ap spent
Mercurial: 6/24 -2H, AP spent
Mikara: 16/39, AP spent
Owen: 12+5/28 AP spent
Queen: 22/30 WS
Sound of Stone: 2/24 AP&SW spent
Yishim: 25 (20)/29 AP spent

Gang Leader (Sinruth, Hobgoblin)
Perception 13
HP 185; Bloodied 92
AC 22 (24 with phalanx soldier); Fortitude 16, Reflex 16, Will 12
OA: Chain Trip (standard; requires spiked chain, at-will) Weapon
reach 2; +6 vs Reflex; 1d6+4 damage, and the target is knocked prone.
Phalanx Soldier
Sinruth gains a +2 bonus to AC while at least one hobgoblin ally is adjacent to it.

Wyrmling
Perception 14
HP 96; Bloodied 48
AC 18; Fortitude 17, Reflex 17, Will 16
Resist 5 lightning
OA: Claw (standard, at-will)
+10 vs AC; 1d4+5 damage.

Hobgoblin toadies
Perception 11
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
AC 17 (19 with phalanx soldier); Fortitude 15, Reflex 13, Will 12
OA: Longsword (standard, at-will) Weapon
+6 vs AC; 5 damage.
Phalanx Soldier:
The hobgoblin grunt gains a +2 bonus to AC while at least one hobgoblin ally is adjacent to it.

Archers
Perception 21
HP 32; Bloodied 16
AC 15; Fortitude 11, Reflex 13, Will 12
OA: Short Sword (if drawn)
+5 vs AC; 1d6+4 damage.

Lesser Fire ElementalHP 27; Bloodied 13 Initiative +6
Perception 11
AC 14, Fortitude 12, Reflex 14, Will 13
Frozen in Place
Whenever the lesser fire elemental takes cold damage, it cannot shift until the end of its next turn.
OA: Slam (Fire)
Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +4 vs. Reflex
Hit: Ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).

Lesser Water Elemental
Perception 10
HP 29; Bloodied 14 Initiative +2
AC 15, Fortitude 14, Reflex 13, Will 12
Sensitive to Cold
Whenever the lesser water elemental takes cold damage, it gains vulnerable 5against the next attack that hits it before the end of its next turn.
OA: Slam
Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +4 vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d6 damage, and ongoing 5 damage (save ends).

Swordmen
Perception 12
HP 40; Bloodied 20
AC 18; Fortitude 18, Reflex 14, Will 14
OA: Short sword
+7 vs AC; 1d6+5 damage. Effect: The watchman marks the target until the end of the watchman’s next turn
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Round4-1.jpg
    Round4-1.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 94

Antithetist

First Post
Halcyon rises to his feet with a low rumble of irritation. Finding only one enemy within reach as he regains his footing, he fixes the fire elemental with the binding force of his unspoken challenge and lashes out at it with a sweep of his sword. The weapon glows momentarily with a fierce radiance - but to no avail, as the swing goes wide.

"I can hold this flank as long as I have some of our healers' attention," he calls out over his shoulder to Owen. "Try to contain the foes at our rear."

[sblock=OOC]Whoops, just noticed that I cross-posted with hafrogman last round and wasted my move action. Balls.

Move: Stand up

Minor: Divine Challenge on Fire Elemental O22 - marked; -2 on attacks that don't include Halcyon, 9 radiant damage once per round when making an attack that doesn't include Halcyon.

Standard: Holy Strike on Fire Elemental O22: 1d20+7=10, miss vs AC[/sblock]

[sblock=Halcyon Quick Stats]Halcyon, Warforged Paladin 1
Initiative: -1, Senses: Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 13

AC 18, Fort 15, Ref 11, Will 15
HP 8/29, Bloodied 14, Surge Value 7, Surges 10/12
Saving Throws +2 against ongoing damage, can take roll or 10 on death saves
Speed 5

Action Points 0

Powers
Warforged Resolve
Divine Pursuit
Channel Divinity (Divine Mettle/Divine Strength)
Blazing Brand
Ardent Vow x3 x2

Daily Item Powers 1
-

Consumables
4 gp

Conditions
-[/sblock]

Aidan Reed

First Post
Seeing a clear shot, Aedan stands up and fires at the dragon. Almost immediately, an arrow whizzes from behind. The rogue immediately ducks for cover, cursing himself for being so reckless. He tumbles towards the origin of the arrow and presses himself against an elevated edge. With a quick glance, Aedan spots the archer and reloads his crossbow."There you are" The rogue grins.

OOC: Mal, I noticed that you said that my hp is 14/24 - but my max hp is 27. Shouldn't that be 17/27 then?

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Deft Strike on the Dragon at L24: 1d20+7 1d6+4 damage, + 2d6 sneak attack damage
Move: Move towards T22 and make a Stealth Check to become hidden. (Just to verify: The archer at V21 has cover too, no?)[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]
Initiative: +4, Passive perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14
AC: 16, For: 13, Ref: 17, Will: 11
HP: 14/27, Bloodied: 13, Surge value: 6, Surges/day: 8/8 Speed: 6 squares.
Languages: Allarian, Hzakan
AP: 0, Second Wind: 1
Powers: Deft Strike, Gloaming Cut, Preparatory Shot,
King's Castle[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
Lenard pushes his glasses up as they begin to drop down his nose. He announces ominously, "Every spell before now was mere child's play. Prepare yourself, brigands, for catastrophe!

On his command, a man-sized ball of fire appears among a group of swordsmen and their leader. It engulfs one swordsman, whose armor provides no defense from the blazing heat. Overwhelmed, he drops to the ground.

OOC: Warning: Any creature that starts their turn adjacent to the flaming sphere in O20 takes damage, including allies.

[sblock=Lenard stat block/actions][sblock=actions]Standard: Flaming Sphere appears in O20 and attacks! Flaming Sphere vs Swordsman (N21) hits Reflex 24 for 14 fire damage. The swordsman is down (unconscious).
Any creature that starts their turn adjacent to the sphere takes 1d4+5 damage. You can roll this, Mal.

No move action, and no need to sustain the sphere on the first round.[/sblock]PC:Lenard (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Male Human Mage 1
Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12
AC:15, Fort:12, Reflex:16, Will:15 -- Speed:6
HP:13/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:7/7
Initiative +0
Action Points: 0

Conditions
Bloodied

Powers
Arc Lightning, Beguiling Strands, Hypnotism, Light, Magic Missile, Prestidigitation
Conduit of Ice, Second Wind, Suggestion
Flaming Sphere

[sblock=spellbook]
Conduit of Ice, Illusory Obstacles
Flaming Sphere, Sleep[/sblock][/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
"Alright, push on! We've got them on the ropes! ...sort of... "

[sblock=darkspiral aura]
Mal, the wyrmling will take 1d6 damage from the darkspiral aura from Artemis: 1d6 → [4] = (4) Roll Lookup . This should bring the Wyrmling down to 41 HP, any chance we can down it this round?
Also, since Aeden bloodied the wyrmling, Artemis gets a charge to Darkspiral Aura and Wyrmling isn't cursed anymore (Bloodied Boon feat).

Also, for everyone, the healers have no more healing abilities... So grin and bear it! [/sblock]

[sblock=H.M.G.] Do you want me to go before Mikara and see if I can drop the fire elemental to give you a clear shot? [/sblock]

LogicsFate

First Post
Lenard, Your fires make positioning difficult. The dog Queen states.

Dog Queen then hops to the west The swarm cloud contracts and blasts out in a rough cone. Injuring a few of the combatants, the tiny constructs stay to harass those left in the area.

(Combat advantage)

[sblock]
Ok(at-will Swarming Locusts)
Downed swordsman(n21)(1d20+4=6)
Lenard's Fire thing?(o20)(1d20+4=7)
Fire Elemental(o22)(1d20+4=18)(Hit?)
Swordsman(p20)(1d20+4=14)(Hit?)
boss(p21)(1d20+4=11)
damage(1d8+4=10)

Swarming Locusts (At Will Standard Close Blast 3)
Effect: The blast creates a zone of swarming locusts that
lasts until the end of your next turn. While within the
zone, enemies grant combat advantage.(N,O,P-20,21,22)

Action- At will, Swarming Locusts
Move Action- Shift west one square to M-20[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=LogicsFate]If an ally wants to move next to the flaming sphere, they can; Lenard just has to move the sphere before the start of their next turn.

Maybe I can retcon moving the sphere somewhere else after the initial attack, if you have a better spot for it?[/sblock]

Fyrm

First Post
[Sblock=mal]sorry. I thought that was the elemental that couldnt take OAs mentioned on the S&S list. If I am/was mistaken, then this retcon is exactly what i would have done.[/Sblock]

LogicsFate

First Post
[sblock=LogicsFate]If an ally wants to move next to the flaming sphere, they can; Lenard just has to move the sphere before the start of their next turn.

Maybe I can retcon moving the sphere somewhere else after the initial attack, if you have a better spot for it?[/sblock]

[sblock=tactics] No retcon needed, although Next turn queen will be trying to circle around the back. Daily and all.[/sblock]
OOC:
I figured out that a blast 3 will look like a square each side being 3 squares. Currently trying to figure out the dimensions of burst 3. Anyone?

Remove ads