• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) Retrieval of Fallon's Key (Macbeth Judging)

Lichtenhart

First Post
When he's awakened by the noise from Iggy's bedroom, Serene Wind gets up as fast as he can and runs there, not having to gather anything of his equipment, in time to hear one higgy recalling the spells he cast on the journey and the other one summoning lights. There's obviously something really strange at work here. He mentally applaudes to Sara's words, but he's afraid that reaction won' be enough to tell the true Igggy from the false one, so he tries a mental trick. A question that the real Iggy should have no trouble answering immediately:
"Iggy, what's your mother's name?"

Gurdjieff

First Post
The both of you shall stay here untill this has been settled. Rogier walks up to the first Iggy and picks up his dagger, then walks to the second one and asks him to turn over his dagger as well. I am not sure what the clone of the two of you wants to achieve here, but we'll sort this out. Iggy, have faith that we will discover the real you. Seeing how his magic failed to see the difference between them, he tries to indentify the truth in their words.

[OoC: Sense Motive +4, for both detecting possible lies as watching body language.]

Last edited:

Janos Audron

Explorer
[if I was present, I would so be in favor of Quick, Decisive Action!

for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about: STONE!

Oh, and since I don't hear spellcasting/fighting, just shouting, I really do think they can handle themselves...]

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
OOC: Waiting for some DM input on iggy 2.0 actions before we continue... esp since sara may have just taken an attack of oppertunity, which would prolly change the flow of the conversation :eek:

Mithreander

Explorer
OOC:
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Mithreander
OOC: Tsk, tsk, no using players knowledge! You should be ashamed!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ooc confused kahuna wonders if this was aimed at her....
Yes, this was aimed at you. "Put the knife away" would be the more natural request, and since I assume you relize that part of the Doppleganger's essence makes up his dagger, you know that he can not drop it... or at least that's what I assumed. That's the reason for the comment. Oh, and Manzanita, please keep your players knowledge about Dopplegangers to yourself. They are not that common, first of all, and second of all, at least TRY to pretend that you make a roll to see if your character would know what it may be. A mediam level mage could do the same with little trouble, as well as demons, devels, dragons, and a host of other creatures. *Mitherander thinks of exchanging the doppleganger with one of the formentioned, then remembers that he's DMing a Living ENWorld game, not one of his,a nd changes his mind*

Seeing the other Iggy starting to cast a spell, the Doppleganger takes that opertunity to tumble past Sara, against Iggy, brushing past him to the window of the room. He pushes open the window, looking ready to jump!

Last edited:

JDragon

Explorer
Mithreander said:
...SNIP...
Seeing the other Iggy starting to cast a spell, the Doppleganger takes that opertunity to tumble past Sara, against Iggy, brushing past him to the window of the room. He pushes open the window, looking ready to jump!

Sebastian calls out, "Don't let him get away, and check for the pointer!"

Sebastian will move to the window and attempt to grab the fleeing "IGGY".

Touch +2, Grapple +2

Or if the fleeing "Iggy" has left the room, will follow the fleeing "Iggy" out of the window climbing or jumping out to the window as needed.

+6 on Climb, +8 on Balance, Jump & Tumble skill checks as need to pursue the fleeing "Iggy" as safely as possible.

If I have movement I will continue to follow the fleeing "Iggy"

[OCC] do we make our own rolls or just provide bonus? [OCC]

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy

Iggy will try to cast a daze spell at the fleeing imposter before he escapes.

OOC: Sorry if I'm metagaming. I gave that post some thought at the time, and figured it didn't really give anything away. It hadn't occured to me that the doppleganger couldn't have dropped his knife either. I did enjoy the doppleganger plot twist here.

Last edited:

Gurdjieff

First Post
Rushing to the escaping Iggy, Rogier will bullrush him away from the window, blocking it himself. Close all the exits! Don't let him get away! he yells before he impacts with the imposter.

[OoC: Bull Rushing as part of a charge, Rogier gets +2, for a total of +4 on his Bull Rush.]

Remove ads