(Adventure) Retrieval of Fallon's Key (Macbeth Judging)

Lichtenhart

First Post
Convinced now that the fleeing Iggy is indeed the false one, Wind steps in to grapple him should Sebastian fail, or at least to jump out of the window after him and then pursue him.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Mithreander said:
OOC:
Yes, this was aimed at you. "Put the knife away" would be the more natural request, and since I assume you relize that part of the Doppleganger's essence makes up his dagger, you know that he can not drop it... or at least that's what I assumed.

OOC: massive blinking ensues. As a player, I was thinking illusion, alter self or maybe polymorph. And I've never even read the doppleganger MM entry... so, um, appologize or face my flashing double blades! :p And I don't think I've ever seen anyone in any show, book or movie tell an armed and threatening person to "put it away" rather than "drop it"... it was the most natural comment to me, obviously. I'll go blink now...

Seeing the other Iggy starting to cast a spell, the Doppleganger takes that opertunity to tumble past Sara, against Iggy, brushing past him to the window of the room. He pushes open the window, looking ready to jump!

Sara rushes to the apparent real Iggy to make sure he's ok.

Snipehunt

First Post
Llolian

OoC - we eat dinner for a week, I don't check for 3 days, and all hell breaks loose. :eek: )

Llolian watches in confusion as multiple Iggy's dance across the room. Initially assuming the sorcerer was showing off some magical trick, Llolian slowly realizes that an imposter is trying to pose as Iggy. Realizing that Sara has cleverly located the false Iggy, Llolian watches her, Sebastian and Wind try to grapple the creature.

Not wanting any part of close-quarters combat, Llolian instead tries to bluff the false Iggy so that it won't try to escape out the door, and hopefully freeze for an action. He yells out, "Ok, time to spring the trap! Everybody rush in through the door!"

Bluff 8 :rolleyes:

But he isn't very convincing.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Sara grabs Iggy up into a bear hug. "Oh Ignatious, I was so worried he would hurt you... or you would hurt him... since I didn't know which one was you... anyway, I figured I could get whichever wasn't you to hurt me instead..." She blushes and puts him down. "OK, I'm babbling, whats a dopplebanger anyway?"

UlyssesX

First Post
OOC: I hope we didn't dissapoint Mithreander with Metagaming. It was minor, I think, & certainly unintentional. Come back, Mithreander. I was having fun!

Manzanita

First Post
whoops

OOC: UlyssesX is another ID I created when I was having trouble with the boards. I had trouble again today. Think it's all straightened out now.

Mithreander

Explorer
OOC: No, you did not... too busy for my own good. Let me make a very small update here, though I did not read enough of your responces to make it worth while. I'll have a more complete update (and it might suppersede this one for acuracy. I'm sorry for the delay!

The Doppleganger is about to throw himself out the window, when the Paladin rushes him from the side, and with a push, cuts him off from the window. The imposter Iggy bears teethe that are far to wide for it's mouth ats the other charac6ters move in to trap it in place. With an agility that would have been surprising had the party been less agile, the doppleganger tumbles around the members (and in some cases, under), offering his sides to Sara, WInd and the paladin as he moves. Wind tries to grapple the quick moving creature, but it slips out of his grasp at the last instance, while Sara's and the Paladin's bladesd byte deeply. Before the rest of the party can reast, the creature is out the window.

Moveing to follow him, the party sees that the window faces the clif face, and below, the creature is gliding down to the city below on wings that had formed from his back.

Remove ads