(Adventure) Retrieval of Fallon's Key (Macbeth Judging)

Snipehunt

First Post
OoC - what about Llolia's bluff? It was my only contribution! :)

If he has time, Llolian rushes after the Doppleganger to the window, and takes a potshot with his longbow (+3, 1d8). He'll keep shooting until the doppleganger is clearly out of range.

Gurdjieff

First Post
Grabbing his bow as Llolian did, Rogier fires an arrow to the escaping creature. If any of you still have magic left that can stop this creature, maybe this is the time to use it!

OoC: Longbow +2 1d8

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy

OOC: OK, I had thought Thebis was out of the room. Iggy would not have come to the same imposter conclusion if he had seen him in the same room with the false Iggy, but since my last post is so far back, I won't edit it, instead I'll restate it:

"Some magic would allow thought reading, which might explain how it would know about my language spell. But there is another explanation, that the shape-shifter has been with us the whole time. Maybe disguised an an elf. Anyway, at this point we just have to be very careful with whom we meet. Perhaps if anyone else has something an imposter couldn't duplicate, tell us now so we'll know how to identify you if the need arises."

"Damn that imposter. We're in a sorry state w/o the pointer. I suggest we follow up what leeds we have, those people asking about it that Llolian heard about."

Mithreander

Explorer
OOC: Venus, it seemed to have ignored your bluff... or took it seriously. Either way, it's actions were as I stated. Perhaps you were the one to scare it away!

Llolian takes his bow, heads to the window and fires at the quickly dwindling creature in the darkness of the night, a total of 4 times. Bing how dark it is, he's unsure of any impact his arrows may have made, but he thinks a couple could have found thier mark.

Gurdjieff

First Post
Mithreander said:
OOC: Venus, it seemed to have ignored your bluff... or took it seriously. Either way, it's actions were as I stated. Perhaps you were the one to scare it away!

OOC: I think you're referring to Snipehunt's bluff?

Janos Audron

Explorer
[Ok, Mithreander we've both made mistakes here: me for not reading, making an error because of that and generally not being clear. You for misinterpreting what I wanted...

"Iggy was in the room with Sara, and Sara had picked the 'center' room, so when Thebis-Ra marked he'd stay in the middle room, he was actually in the same room as Iggy and Sara."

Ok, I've checked back and you are correct. However when I say "Thebis-Ra wakes up in *his* room." I imply that it is a different room than the room where the shouting is.

"Thebis-Ra, then wakes to the sounds of screaming and yelling and saying he needs to keep his head clear and that the group can handle this themselves, walks from the room where the action is into the next room (out of this room)."

When I "casually walk into the second room" I cannot go to the left or right, since I didn't detail where I was going. It is implied that I move to the middle room.

"Janos Audon then confirms he's out of the room by his statement :Originally Posted by Janos Audron
[if I was present, I would so be in favor of Quick, Decisive Action!

for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about : STONE!

Oh, and since I don't hear spellcasting/fighting, just shouting, I really do think they can handle themselves...]""

Yep, this implies I am out of the room...because I am not in the room *yet*.

"He then closes the door, and places himself in front of it (in the next room)."

Yep, the room where the fighting is. Here I assume that I have arrived in the room.

"I'm sorry for all of this confusion. I odviously did not make this scene clear enough, and the amount of time between my post have not help either."

Well, when I check back what I wrote and how you read it, I cannot say that you are wrong, but that you have a very different interpretation. Your explanation is mechanically correct, since I started in the room where Iggi and Sara were. However, in a P&P game, you probably would have said something along the lines of 'why are you walking away', and I would have replied 'I am walking towards them, just not very fast.' and that would have solved the entire mystery... :)

"Oh, and Janos Audron, don't be so sensitive. Kahuna Burger was saying they do not have to accept obstructionist PC's, not that you were one. And I think the performance that she was speaking of was the one where your character hears the fighting, complains that he needs to keep his head clear, dismisses it to the others to handle, then walks away, showing no concern. Just a guess."

Personally, and I checked this with someone else too, I found the tone of Kahuna's post a bit hostile...which is why I went into defense mode...

"You are correct, Iggy would not have made that comment, which he concluded (wrongly, on purpose, for the sake of roll-playing, I may add) with the absence of the mage, though, in truth, Iggy should have heard Thebis-ra exit the room after the Doppleganger was there, especially when he called attention to himself with his comments, though, admittedly, Iggy was distracted by his own image."

Well, I didn't say anything, but Iggy knows I was laying in the same room...]

Last edited:

Lichtenhart

First Post
OOC: Unless our Judge has something to say about this incident, I'd say we'd better move on and forget it.

"Shouldn't we go back quickly to our employer? You've hurt him badly and maybe his griffons can follow a blood trail. But we'd better do it soon, if it drops or give away the pointer, our mission is ruined, and this city will be in danger."

He then examines carefully whatever stains remained on Sara's and Rogier's swords and on the floor.

Mithreander

Explorer
OOC:
Janos said:
Ok, Mithreander we've both made mistakes here: me for not reading, making an error because of that and generally not being clear. You for misinterpreting what I wanted...
Great! Now that it's cleared up, can we continue? Oh, I would have asked why you were leaving the room, except when I read:
"They can obviously handle themselves."
and then
Oh, and since I don't hear spellcasting/fighting, just shouting, I really do think they can handle themselves...
I trully thought that your character was saying that he shouldn't bother to get involved for the reasons that you had stated. My interpretation, yes, but I think one that could easily have been made.

I don't think we need any judges intrevention on this, since it really has no bearing on the present situation, so let's continue. Both of us will try to be clearer in the future, 'kay? Great! We'll continue with Thebis-ra on this side of the door, looking on the scene with little interest.

Wind notes that there is greeninsh sludge on the tips of Sara's blade and on the floor and window seal. It seems to be the creatures blood.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy

"Yes, you're right. We should notify Mithreander immediately. The loss of that tracker is significant. We can head out to follow up our other leads from there. Um...would you care to be the one to actually tell him, Serene?"

Lichtenhart

First Post
Manzanita said:
"Yes, you're right. We should notify Mithreander immediately. The loss of that tracker is significant. We can head out to follow up our other leads from there. Um...would you care to be the one to actually tell him, Serene?"
"Oh!...Well, yes, I have no problem with that" he says, even though the wrinkles on his brow say the contrary.

Remove ads