• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) Retrieval of Fallon's Key (Macbeth Judging)

Mithreander

Explorer
The rider, who had to lean close to hear Wind's question answers with a laugh caressing his words, "Long journey? 4 days... not long at all but longer then most!" He yells over he wind, the monk barely hearing his wards, even so. "It's about 250 miles to Fallon, as the griffon flyes." Wind catches a hint of lauphter, though he feels more of the laugh through his drivers back on his chest. "I've been doing this for the last 125 years, and no, you never get used to it!" With that he signals one of the elves behind and a piercing scream from the griffon fills the air. All at once, the griffon turn to the left, and then continue to turn until the riders bodies are horizontal to the ground. they continue to turn, quicker now, until the riders are upside down, and pause that way for a split second and then continue the turn until the riders are back up straight again. "That was a scouting manuaver. Did you see the mountain range below? It would take a person on a horse 4 days just to get through that, if hey survived the trip. Dianthus here is much more efficient then a horse!"

Mithreander

Explorer
After the end of a hard days ride on the griffons, everyone is relieved to see the ground approach.

It seemed that the elves had planned ahead, for in a large clearing about 100 feet across, there is a camp set up with tents and a fire already going. The others also note another griffon off on a ledge beyond the camp, who squaks a greeting or challenge to the other griffons that return it. With a gental bump, the griffons settle on the ground, and the elves unbuckle themselves and start caring for the griffons while helping you out and down from the large preditors.

The camp consists of 4 large tents, one that looks to be for the elves, as they head in that direction to get out of thier riding outfits, another for the mess tent, where smells of food comes from. Through the enterace, two large tables with 4 long benches can be seen. Platters of food are set on the tables, looking ready to be eaten, an elf placing a tray down as you look. The last two, the young elf informs you, are your tents.

The fire, now that you are grounded looks more the size of a bonfire, then a camp fire.

Creamsteak

Explorer
[This thread has been brought to my attention. I am now splitting off the posts involving this whole Thay argument, but only those posts that are not In Character. Mixed posts won't be pulled, but I expect users to move any necessary commentary over.]

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Mithreander said:
The fire, now that you are grounded looks more the size of a bonfire, then a camp fire.

Sara stands still for a few minutes after dismounting, both to take in the situation and get her "land legs" back. When she can swagger without stumbling she will settle into the mess tent and see if there is ale available.

JDragon

Explorer
Sebastian dismounts and checks to see if he made the first leg of the journey with out losing anything.

After finishing that, he moves over to Llolian to see what he has thought of the journey. "Well that should be worth a tale or two when return even if nothing else happens on this trip."

Lichtenhart

First Post
[OOC: I've quoted all the comments about the Red Wizard issue in the competent thread, so we can delete them from this one.
Mithreander, are you still using the old boards address? Cause everytime I click on your links I have to login repeatedly. Try the new one: http://www.enworld.org/forums/index.php? and, if you have time, update the links in your sig.]

Wind thanks the rider for the journey and the explanations, still amazed by the fact he was already riding griffons before even Wind's great-great-grandfather was born. He stretches his muscles and joints, turning some somersaults until he regains perfect mobility, then looks around to see if he could offer his help to anyone before dinner.

Mithreander

Explorer
OoC: Yes, I'll update me sig pronto, thanks!

Sara finds that they have some ale, though of elvish make, not the more traditional man or dwarf varieties that most prefer. The food looks appealing, and since you ahvenot eaten in over 8 hours, the smells of which are very enticing. Sliced venison, wild boar, and elk served with all types of fresh vegitables and cheeses. Enough to feed a group twice the size of theirs, including the elves.

Sebastion finds that everything is in place still, even after the scouting roll that they performed in the air during the first part of the trip (why they did that, he still does not know). He finds Llolian just dismounting.

Wind, after a few cartwheels and stretching excersizes feels back in touch with his physical stability and finds that the elves have everything well in hand, though one waves him over and asks if he wants to help feed his griffon. Wind notices that there's a twinkle in the elf's eye as he asks. A near by elf, hearing the question laughs and asks "Are you planning on letting her hunt? I would not suggest it. We're supposed to have the grifs guard the camp tonight, and Felous," he motions to the griffon that was here when the party had landed, "has already scared most of the food worth eating away." He appears to be feeding his mount some leathery meat froma saddle bag that all the griffons carry.

Snipehunt

First Post
Llolian dismounts, stretching the stiffness out of his legs. He is amazed at these elves. His people had nothing like griffons, or the obvous powers these elves display. Although his people are sophisticated in many things, it is becoming obvious to Llolian that there may be more to the arcane knowledge of the elves than he had thought . . .

When Sebastion comes over, he sees that Llolian is somewhat out-of-sorts, and absent-mindedly fails to respond for several seconds. Then he smiles.

"Sebastian, those gryphons were worth the whole trip for me! Nothing could make me happier to have left the silver forests of home.

Dropping his voice, he says, "There's something I'd like to discuss with you. In private."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads