(Adventure) Rivenblight's Castaway [Creamsteak judging]

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
The man rolls his eyes. "I see where this is goin', and no, I ain't settin' you free, and I ain't leavin. The elf would kill me. Better to stick with 'er 'gainst the fellows followin' us. I can't beat either, so I might as well stick to my side."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Good thing I decided not to push it before... if the others are coming for me, I might have a chance.

"And what if you were to side with my companions?" Troi asks quietly. "Certainly, with you and your friend, myself, and those in pursuit, we can best her."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
"And you don't think that, when she's done with you, she'll kill you anyway?" Troi asks quietly. "A woman like her wouldn't want to leave loose ends lying about..."

doghead

thotd
Sparky said:
Ioleta finds a convenient log while the trackers confer, carefully prodding it and flinching away on the off chance that it sprouts spikes or conceals a pit. Satisfied that no trap lurks, she dusts off a nice mossy patch and sits, pulling her deep blue cloak around her against the chill of the morning. She blows her breath out in puffs admiring, not for the first time, its swirling smoke-like trailing. She imagines it is her spirit flying away to join the sky like she often wishes she could. She frowns down at her dusty, muddy boots and feels the weight of her earth-bound body. And her pack.

Jaan plonks himself down on the log beside Ioleta. Sit Jaan! Sit! Don't dump yourself down like a sack of grain! For the love of your ancestors, try not to completely embarrass your House. The harsh voice of his aunty comes back to him clearly. He sighs and takes a bite out of the smoked meat he saved from this morning.

"Want some?" he asks Ioleta. "I have another piece in here somewhere." He pulls out another piece wrapped in cloth. He hands it to her if she wants it, returns it to his pouch if she doesn't. He sits beside her for a while chewing and thinking in silence.

"We will go on til we find him, find out there is no longer any need to go on, or we can go on no more. Of course, the difficult part is recognising those situations for what they are. Except perhaps the first one. That should be fairly obvious."

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
"Gods, man, you really begrudge a man a good night's sleep, don't you?" The man snorts. "Me and my mate ain't pleased with it, but we've thought it all through, and decided we're probably safer facing 'er tailfeathers instead of 'er arrowheads." He shrugs. "Best way this works out is that either your mates never find us, and we all go our seperate ways rich. That or your mates take care of the elf and the two of us split." He looks at Troi and gives him a nasty grin.. "You better pray your pals find us before the elf gets back, though. You ever see a fisherman takin' care of a floppin' fresh trout'?"

doghead

thotd
ooc: TH. I'm working on the assumption that you need some time to bring Troi's narrative into sync with ours and you'll let us know when you're ready. Is that right?

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
"You're assuming that she'll let you go." Troi retorts. "She sounds quite mad to me... why would she let loose ends like you go?"

He pauses. "Besides, I can offer you a better deal. Let me go, and come with me. Join with us, help us fight the elf. We'll let you go and ensure that no one comes after you for what's happened here - I can make a convincing enough story that will make you and your friend innocent. So long as you don't turn to banditry again, you're safe, along with whatever loot you've gotten so far."

"Of course," He says, "you could always choose to just stay here and risk her deciding you're too dangerous to be let loose. And when my companions find you - and they will - they'll deal with you as well as the elven woman. No mercy, either, I can assure you."

Remove ads