[Adventure] Scratching the Surface (Judge: Stonegod)

Son of Meepo

First Post
With the enemies having turned and fled, the group was left to the task of rescuing the remaining orcs. Orcs from the village slowly begin to come out of hiding and assist in fighting the fires. Though several of the huts are a total loss, thanks to the heroic actions of the PCs, only two of the orcs in this part of the village have perished in the inferno.

Each of the orcs you save embrace you warmly, a symbolic gesture of thanks that they share. Another orc from deeper within the village runs up to Rhogar and speaks to him, gasping to catch is breath between every word.

[sblock=Goblin]Few huts raided. Taken before we could gather. Chief son dead. Chief order feast tonight for all.[/sblock]

Rhogar nods and dismisses the runner without another word before turning to you.

"The chief holds a feast tonight,at dusk. I am sure you will be honored guests. You should get cleaned up at the river before going."

Rhogar's voice trails off for a moment...

"I want to thank every one of you for your actions, but this is more dangerous than even I had first anticipated. I can't afford to pay you more, but I can't in good conscience hold you to our contract. If you feel that this backwater village is not worth risking your lives over, I won't blame you, or even hold it against you. I'll make good on your payment and send you on the first vessel back to Sharn. But if you could find it in your hearts to accept, I know these people and myself will be indebted to you."

[sblock=XP]You've defeated creatures of levels 5, 5, 7, 7, 8, and 8.
That's a total of 1700 xp doubled for 3400. Split 6 ways is 567.

For quest rewards, you saved 6 orcs at 5 xp each for 30 xp, doubled to 60, which is 10 additional xp each.

Your heroic actions also led to a slightly more favorable outlook by the orcs, resulting in an additional 30 xp doubled to 60, for 10 more each.

So right now you are at a total per PC reward of 587 xp.[/sblock]

GM: The adventure doesn't get any easier from here, so if anyone wants to back out of the adventure, now is the time to do it.

Serek has been NPCd since round 2 of combat, if I don't hear from him before the next part of the adventure begins, I will assume he has elected to return to Sharn.

On Puget Sound

First Post
You might understand, but these tribal warriors will not. They are a lot like my people. If we leave now, we - and your house - will be cowards without honor in their eyes. I will see this through and fihd your missing miners.

pacdidj

First Post
As Crush makes his way down to the river to cleanse himself of caustic Genasi blood, his newly-repaired knee suddenly and spectacularly fails. Plates and pins burst off sending the warforged toppling to the ground, leaving his left leg a useless mess of pulsing and oozing fibrous bundles.

"Curse my luck, what rotten timing!," Crush breathes in obvious pain. "Looks like I'll need to take you up on that offer of a trip back to Sharn, Rhogar. No field medic in all of Khorvaire could fix this mess. I'm going to have some choice words for that glib-tongued foundry foreman that oversaw these 'repairs' when I get back! But, uh, in the meantime do you suppose one or two of the villagers might be able to arrange a stretcher?," the warforged asks shortly before passing out as his fluids drop to dangerously low levels.

OOC: Well, Crush has had a good run, but I'm tired of playing him. Per Son of Meepo's approval I'm retiring him to bring in a replacement character. I'm out of town this weekend, but I should be able to bring Kalimashtri in on Monday, or whenever it works IC.

Walking Dad

First Post
Varis d'Lyrandar , Half-Elf Bard 6

"I will stay.My House has a reputation, too. And the Genasi involvement intrigues me. Here is surely enough material for a new epic to compose."
Varis declares.

[sblock=OOC (includes wishlist)]

Wishlist:
Level 2 Eberron dragonshard of lightning
upgrades to +2 for current sword and armor.

stats below assume a short rest. Varis will play a song of rest to help everyone to recuperate.

[sblock=Mini stat block]

Varis d'Lyrandar
Perception: 20 Insight: 20 Low-light Vision
AC 21 Fortitude 19 Reflex 20 Will 21
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 54 / 54 Bloodied: 27
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +2 vs charm, illusion, sleep
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:13 Surges per day: 9 / 10
At-Will Powers: Lightning Longsword, Vicious Mockery, War Song Strike
Encounter Powers: Burning Spray, Shout of Triumph, Inspire Competence, Impelling Force, Word of Friendship, Song of Conquest, Majestic Word 2/2
Daily Powers: Stirring Shout, Song of Discord, Extra lightning damage

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
GM: So I've gotten responses from 3 of the 6 who are willing to continue, I'd like to have at least 1 more before moving on. but I'd like to do it soon. Should I attempt to fill the spots with new recruits? Do you want to continue with a smaller group. I can adapt to either situation.

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I'm with On Puget Sound. LEB has normally a scarce of adventures, not players. And if the adventure is as hard as you said (or harder), a bigger group can prevent a TPK.[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
With so much to be done, evening seems to come sooner than you think. Torches line the promenade to the chieftain's hut. The smoky smells of roasted meats waft through the still night air. Another, earthy, pungent smell also fills the air, though you're not certain of its origin. All of the orcs appear to be dressed in their finery, which isn't much more than their everyday garb gaudily accentuated with crystal encrusted jewelry. As you mill about the area, one of the young orc women give Ryk a flirtatious wink.

GM: I'm going to start recruiting 2 or 3 additional players. Let's use this time to do some additional roleplaying.

On Puget Sound

First Post
Ryk is surprised by what appears to be amorous intentions by a woman so... large. He carefully pretends not to notice, not wanting to risk a diplomatic incident with a family member or "rival".

Walking Dad

First Post
Varis d'Lyrandar , Half-Elf Bard 6

If there is any music, Varis will join the musicians and listens for any stories and legends around the fires.

[sblock=OOC (includes wishlist)]

Wishlist:
Level 2 Eberron dragonshard of lightning
upgrades to +2 for current sword and armor.

[sblock=Mini stat block]

Varis d'Lyrandar
Perception: 20 Insight: 20 Low-light Vision
AC 21 Fortitude 19 Reflex 20 Will 21
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 54 / 54 Bloodied: 27
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +2 vs charm, illusion, sleep
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:13 Surges per day: 9 / 10
At-Will Powers: Lightning Longsword, Vicious Mockery, War Song Strike
Encounter Powers: Burning Spray, Shout of Triumph, Inspire Competence, Impelling Force, Word of Friendship, Song of Conquest, Majestic Word 2/2
Daily Powers: Stirring Shout, Song of Discord, Extra lightning damage

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads