• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Cannith Caper (Judge: THB)

FourMonos

First Post
Braddock lies in a pool of his own blood, watching the hobgoblin fall. Blood splatters from his lips, "Huzzah, Tock! Way to go."

[sblock=actions]
Start: take 10 damage.
Save: 1d20 → [14] = (14). Roll Lookup [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats] Braddock the Historian, level 4 Warlock
Active Vestige: King Elldyr (Eyes: Next ally gets saving throw. Boon: Adjacent ally gets +2 defenses.)
Init: +3 Speed: 5 Perception:12 Insight: 12
AC: 18 NAD: F:18 R:17 W:14
HP: 1/47 Surges: 7/11 Surge Value: 11 AP: 0
Languages: Dwarven
Str:10 Dex:13 Wis:10 Con:20 Int:16 Cha:10
MBA: +11 vs. AC, 1d10+9

Powers:
At-Will: Eyes of the Vestige, Eldritch Strike, Warlock's Curse
Encounter: Clarion Call, Fortune Binding, Second Wind
Daily: Vestige of Thaxter, Charm of Hearts, Leather Armor of Dark Magesty

Benefits: +2 defenses against cursed enemies. +1 NAD after using Warlock's curse TENT.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Sorry I didn't make it that round but it seems like we just won? Not sure if we need to pursue the last guy or not.

If we're out of combat, I'd certainly advocate a rest, and frankly Gark could use an extended rest (he will have zero surges after he heals a bit) and Haltor seems to be out as well.[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Or, if we don't do an extended rest, what is probably more fair to the group since I've been so slack is maybe Gark could "guard the exit" or something and just hang back for a bit. He has no surges so he's not as useful anyway. Really, it depends on how much adventure we have left.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
We're very close to the end. re: surge problems with Haltor/Gark, well... I do have a bit of a workaround as it is a bit unfair to the duo as you had a very challenging encounter right before this one.

Essentially, (assuming you search the bodies), you'll find a notebook detailing that the machinery in this room actually has the ability to transfer life essence, that's part of how they were animating the warforged. So, functionality wise it'll act as a Comrades Succor ritual, one PC must "fuel" the machine with a healing surge, then you can reallocate them.
[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=surge discussion]Ah ok, so if some folks don't mind to spread the healing surge love around, I'm sure Haltor and I could probably use a few. Gark will be at 42/48 HP and zero surges, so it'd be great if he could get 2 or 3. Haltor, if I am not mistaken, will be at 15/42 and zero surges, so I'd think he could use 4 or 5, if we have a bunch to spare.

Actually, using r1's last post and everyone's HS value, assuming no one has any ability to bump up healing while resting, it looks like after a short rest we might be somewhere along these lines:

Gark: 42/48; 0/9 surges
Haltor: 15/42; 0/7 surges, bloodied
White-Eye: 20/46; 1 HS used (not sure how the horse works)
Braddock: 44/47, 4/11 surges
Deimos: 36/36, 4/8 surges
Mal: 32/37, 6/8 surges
Tock: 37/42, 2/6 surges
Talos: 44/49, 9/13 surges

Some people may wish to spend more to get to full, but that seemed like a minimum. So, assuming we have to spend 1 HS to get the whole thing working (but no more than 1), would Talos mind contributing 5 HSs and Mal contribute 2? That way Gark could get 2 and Haltor could get a total of 4, and after using 2 of them he'd be at 35/42 and have 2 surges left. That would leave everyone with 2 or 4 surges. If anyone would like to donate more to anyone else, feel free to chime in.[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]Once that's all done... Gark would have every intention of destroying all these machines as they are part of the cause of this whole mess. How does that sit with everyone?[/sblock]
Gark is willing to use the machines to help prepare for the inevitable coming encounter, but once that's done he expresses his desire to destroy them. "These machines have only led to death and destruction and can only lead more down this path if we leave them here. Best to make sure no one else can come along and repeat this madman's mistakes."

raion

First Post
Tock answered Braddock's praise with a rough salute, and then started methodically searching the fallen foes, taking anything of note and putting it off to the side. Once he finishes, he sits down to rest for a bit. He looks around at the various doors..
"Where next?"

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The elder halfling stands with some difficulty, still coughing. He removes his hunt-mask and spits at the dead hob leader once. You had your chance. A bit wobbly, he moves over to the now standing White-Eye and mounts, if a bit unsteadily.

Yes, these *cough* machines should go. And there is *cough, wheeze* still the matter of where that damned ghost ran off to. Still have the north and west doors to check. I'll *hack* check the north one again while you all search.
OOC: Yup, Haltor is at 15hp. Current plan is to die gloriously in the last battle.

twilsemail

First Post
[sblock=surges]Mal will contribute 3 of his remaining 5 surges to the party, leavinghim with 2 surges and 32/37 HP.[/sblock]

Mal paces the room as the others examine their fallen foes. He examines the machinery, muttering to himself. "I swear I've seen something like this in a book at the Library..."

[sblock=OOC]R1 do we need a check or are we alright to just transfer some surges? [/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads