[Adventure] The Cannith Caper (Judge: THB)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Haltor notices the dragonborn's distance, but does not comment. To the lady, he adds, If we are traveling, that will be arranged? And this payment if for us to split?

renau1g

First Post
"I wish our wards were as sophisticated as your questions would require to give a definite answer. Unfortunately, all we know is that they were triggered, indicating that someone, or something, has entered the entrance hall. Whoever it was has also managed to disrupt the wardings so they have access to arcane power. I would hazard to say the wardings were physically disturbed and magically overcome. As to who it could be? Well there's all the usual suspects, Blood of Vol, hobgoblins from Darguun, any of the rival Houses, or possibly even Khyber Cultists" Marinda replies.

[sblock=Insight DC 19]
When she's speaking about the suspects she appears to be holding back something[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Haltor notices the dragonborn's distance, but does not comment. To the lady, he adds, If we are traveling, that will be arranged? And this payment if for us to split?

"We will recompense you for any costs that may arise to arrive a the location, although there is a stipulation. You must not use any Lyrander airships to arrive at the location. My preferred option is for you to travel by horse, of which we will loan you one for each of you, although you appear to have a method of transportation already, Haltor. The payment is for the group to split. 400 gold pieces is a fair rate for this work." Miranda replies

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=Rolls]IC won't let me roll, whoopie!

History 7, Streetwise 23, Insight 7 (I was rolling the history/streetwise for back in the tavern, while Harressh was in the can. :D)[/sblock]

Listening to the Cannith woman and the others speak, Harressh finally understands what is going on. A job! he thinks. How fortunate that I wandered in! Best to keep quiet and listen.

As the conversation continues and Harressh learns the outlines of the situation, he thinks hard. Some of the rumors he had heard around Sharn suggested a disquieting possibility...

The dragonborn steps forward. "Mistress d'Cannith, I am inclined to accept your offer," he begins. "To help one of the great Houses would be a notable achievement, perhaps even a glorious one. However, I do have a concern."

Harressh crosses his arms. "I shall be blunt. What if the intruders are not from a rival House, but from your own? How would you have us deal with them? What would we answer, if they claimed that they had the right to be in the installation, and that we were the intruders?"

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=rolls]insight (1d20+3=20) [/sblock]

Varak narrows his eyes at the woman for a moment. "Now, I expected fighting and stuff. I don't know a lot about Vol or Darguun, but I expect to know everything about a job when I take it. You have other suspicions, don't you? The half-orc lays his hands out on the table in front of him, cracking his weathered knuckles, waiting for an answer.

renau1g

First Post
The dragonborn steps forward. "Mistress d'Cannith, I am inclined to accept your offer," he begins. "To help one of the great Houses would be a notable achievement, perhaps even a glorious one. However, I do have a concern."

Harressh crosses his arms. "I shall be blunt. What if the intruders are not from a rival House, but from your own? How would you have us deal with them? What would we answer, if they claimed that they had the right to be in the installation, and that we were the intruders?"

[sblock=rolls]insight (1d20+3=20) [/sblock]

Varak narrows his eyes at the woman for a moment. "Now, I expected fighting and stuff. I don't know a lot about Vol or Darguun, but I expect to know everything about a job when I take it. You have other suspicions, don't you? The half-orc lays his hands out on the table in front of him, cracking his weathered knuckles, waiting for an answer.

The woman sighs, her shoulder sag wearily as she leans against the wall. "Very well, you bring up a possibility I, I should say we, are worried about . There is a rogue group within the House, they are preparing to conduct a coup against the leader of the House and they would certainly have had knowledge of the location of the forge in question. If they are there, they are to be dealt with as you would any traitor. I am sure amongst your kind you have ways of dealing with those who would work against the tribe" the woman says, looking at Haltor with the last comment.

Kalidrev

First Post
"In the Vistani, we tend to simply banish those who would be traitors to our kind and take away our distinct bloodline from them. This mark," Vistrathis says, pointing to the red eye on the palm of his right hand, "would turn black so that all would know his or her treachery. I have a feeling, however, that your ladyship would prefer a more straightforward punishment for those who would tread against your House. Am I incorrect in this assumption?"

renau1g

First Post
"Indeed. It is not so simple for us to remove the dragonmark's from our House members, even if they act in ways counter to our efforts. The only way to remove the disease is to cut it out." she replies.

Kalidrev

First Post
Nodding in complete understanding, Vistrathis moves to sign the contract.

"Thank you for being open and honest with us, Lady. I believe we understand the sensitive nature of this operation and will perform our services discretely if at all possible."

Having signed the contract, he hands it to the others for their signatures.

ryryguy

First Post
"In the Vistani, we tend to simply banish those who would be traitors to our kind and take away our distinct bloodline from them. This mark," Vistrathis says, pointing to the red eye on the palm of his right hand, "would turn black so that all would know his or her treachery."

Harressh flinches slightly at the gith's words, then shakes his head to clear it.

He considers for a moment after Vistrathis signs the contract. "Frankly, I am wary that entanglement in the internal politics of a House could lead to dishonor. But I shall view that as an additional challenge." He nods towards Vistrathis and Varak. "Also, though our acquaintance has been brief, I have hope that you shall prove to be honorable companions. That ought to count for something."

Then he holds out a claw. "Please give me the paper," he says, and after receiving it, signs. "Mistress d'Cannith, I pledge my service in this matter."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases