[Adventure] The Cannith Caper (Judge: THB)

thaco

First Post
Looking over the dwarf and noticing the rather large axe and the holy symbol, he gets a bit confused.

"Kirksa, wasn't it? You seem to be a holy man of sorts, based on that symbol you wear, but I have never encountered a holy man who wielded such a violent weapon. Are you some manner of questing warrior for your gods? It looks like you can handle yourself pretty well in a scrap, so just yell if you need help."

The dwarf hooks his thumbs under a thick leather belt and smiles, "Aye, Kirska is my name. Those who refuse to wear a blade into combat will still fall to them, or at least that's my motto. So if I was one of them fru-fru holy men who preach non-violence and a Darguun hobgoblin jumped me from behind with his greatsword, I'd be in trouble. In my case, I grab my axe and cleave the man in two. Ah, but don't be worrying too much. The Host looks kindly on me and I still channel their blessings just the same as another one of the order. Just don't expect me to be hiding behind anyone when the fightin' breaks out" Kirska says

Kalidrev

First Post
Vistrathis grins at the proud and confident dwarf.

"And when that hobgoblin does jump you from behind, and finds that his blade breaks away from your skin without ever coming close... you can thank me by letting him know that his lease on life is expiring. Thank you for letting me know how you operate, friend."

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
I'll make this more IC-ish later, but what's everyone's thoughts to adding Reklaw's PC to the group? A thief would help in this adventure. 7 ppl is a bit big though. It would be an extra person that Vis will have to try and defend, although at least there are 2 leaders.[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=Adding Reklaw] I'm find with adding Reklaw. Whether I have 6 people to defend or 5 people to defend, I can only mark 1 creature at a time anyway, so it really makes little difference. With 2 leaders ready to dish out the healing, an extra melee striker is a welcome addition in my opinion. [/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=Streetwise]Streetwise (1d20+7=22)[/sblock]

"Harressh... I would imagine that you prefer to fight at a range, though I have heard of some who wield magic up close and personal."

Harressh grunts. "Most of my spells will work well at range. If the enemy does get up close and personal, though, I won't be at a total loss. If the enemy gets clumped up, I can make them pay - though it would be best if everyone stays out of the way. My breath is not selective."

As the others debate the merits of book learning versus the truth of the land, he interjects, "Many sources of information are generally superior to few. And local reports of recent vintage would likely be the most accurate. We should ask around a bit when we reach Starilaskur." He rubs under his muzzle. "We might do well to think of a cover story for why we're heading into the mountains, seeing as how we won't be able to reveal our true goal."

[sblock=Reklaw]Ok with me to add him, seems like it'll be pretty lonely in the tavern for a while...[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=Streetwise Check] 15; That should be enough to have heard about the organization spoken of below I think. If not, then I'll retcon, R1. Just let me know [/sblock]

"You speak only the truth, Harressh. It would be smarter to do the research after we have reached a closer destination. As for a cover, we could simply say that we are on an expedition from Morgrave University to uncover a supposedly lost tomb. Even if it's not true, the University's name should hold enough credence and reverence for it to be a believable bluff."

thaco

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
More players the better... although that's what 4, 5 if the rogue jumps in, in melee? Probably need some big maps. [/sblock]

Reklaw

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Thanks for the welcome guys! Only thing I have to add is that some members of the party might not want to share the reward at the moment as it seems to be growing smaller as more people join;)[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc/rolls]history/streetwise (1d20+2=4, 1d20+1=6) No problem with reklaw joining either.[/sblock]

The half-orc was far from home, and had little experience with the area in question so he keeps his mouth shut. When Visrathis spoke of tactics, Varak nods. He pulls out a pipe stuffing a strange red herb into it and then lights it. Reclining in his chair while sucking gently on the pipe, he responds. "I'll be in the thick of things. I don't tend to be in one place for long. I can work better if we can seperate enemies into clumps, then I am free to move between them. Otherwise, I can beat them up a bit, and move on to the next. Those behind me can clean them up. If stealth is needed, I can function there too, I'm quieter than I look." Varak exhales a small cloud of amber smoke, then offers the pipe toward the halfling.

[sblock=ooc]My tactics are likely to be pretty complicated. I have several powers that involve shifts after attacks, dropping foes to zero, and bloodying them. I'll try and include conditions in my posts to say, what I do given the situation. R1 may be able to help if he can let others know ASAP where I am in any given round. This is my first whirler and barb, so not quite sure what to expect yet. I think R1 has mentioned he played one though.[/sblock]

Remove ads