• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Cannith Caper (Judge: THB)

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Thanks for the welcome guys! Only thing I have to add is that some members of the party might not want to share the reward at the moment as it seems to be growing smaller as more people join;)[/sblock]

[sblock=Rewards] Nah, our rewards won't get any smaller, it just gives R1 an excuse to either A) add a couple more baddies to each encounter, or B) eliminate 1 or 2 normal baddies, but then add a nice beefy one to the mix... which is the much more frightening option, lol. Either way, it's about the same XP per player. [/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Miranda d'Cannith looks at you as you continue the planning process and discuss tactics. She looks quite bored by this and says "I will leave the specifics to you gentleman, here's an advance to cover your travel expenses, which will be recompensed at the conclusion of our business." the woman says, leaving a bag of gold on the table, containing 350 gold pieces.

She gets up and leaves the room, turning "Oh, the magic will keep listener's from hearing for quite some time so feel free to continue discussions without fear. Good Luck" Miranda says.

[sblock=ooc]
Rewards/player won't change. Just combats will be a bit bigger, but with another striker that should help move things along quickly.

Oh, so Kane's damage in the current encounter is up to 236 and counting (incl. a 141 damage in one round), I'm fairly confident that no matter what people say about Ranger's being top damage dealers, barbarian seem to be the highest in actual play. High dice weapons + high static modifiers + devastating criticals + awesome rages that bump up damage for the rest of the encounter = ridiculous damage output. They also usually have the hp to back it up as well (as long as not thaneborn)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Kalidrev

First Post
Vistrathis smiles at Marinda.

"We shall return to you with whatever intelligence we can find. Oh... but one thing before you take your leave. How shall we contact you when our task is complete?"

renau1g

First Post
"If you head to the Dragon Towers, in the Middle Central Plateau, you shall find our enclave. I will leave word there for you, once the task is completed" Miranda says.

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Rewards/player won't change. Just combats will be a bit bigger, but with another striker that should help move things along quickly.

Oh, so Kane's damage in the current encounter is up to 236 and counting (incl. a 141 damage in one round), I'm fairly confident that no matter what people say about Ranger's being top damage dealers, barbarian seem to be the highest in actual play. High dice weapons + high static modifiers + devastating criticals + awesome rages that bump up damage for the rest of the encounter = ridiculous damage output. They also usually have the hp to back it up as well (as long as not thaneborn)

[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Abusing the bugbear's ability to use oversized weapons helps a bit too. (Though I guess that's equally available to two-weapon rangers as well.)[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Yeah, bugbears can jump up a point or so with the oversized weapons, although someone pointed out to me (might have been you?) that the larger waraxe actually reduces the liklihood of doing max damage as going from 1d12 to 2d6 decreases the probability of rolling 2 6's vs 1 12. Where oversized really gets messy is on the executioner axe, which si barred from oversized as the 2d6 there basically becomes at least 6 damage. Anyways, I digress. Rangers would actually make better use of it as more of their attacks are melee, whereas the whirling barbarians tend to be bursts, so if picks up the Iron Armbands of Power they don't work with the main barbarian attacks. Also, twin strike can be against one enemy, Whirling Rend has to target 2 enemies.
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
The door opens again and Miranda surprisingly returns, with a halfling behind her. She says "There's another who shall join you on the investigation, if you wouldn't mind instructing him in detail as I must be going. Thank you again." Miranda d'Cannith says, leaving as quickly as she arrived.

Reklaw

First Post
Rook walks in, pipe still in hand as he appraises the party members. "Hello all, I'm Rook... I'll be handling the subtler parts of our operation."

He nods to the other adventurer's, sticking his pipe back in before he joins them at the table.

"So... where are we going? When do we leave?"

Last edited:

thaco

First Post
"That be a mighty fine pipe you got there, Rook, you ain't got some extra pipeweed do ya? Been ages since I had me some of the good stuff" the dwarf says, reaching into his back and pulling out a well made pipe of his own, "Made this when I was a bit younger, before the calling. Anyways, I'm Kirska. This here's Varak, Alex, Haltor and White-Eye, Harresh, and Vistrathis" he says, gesturing to the half-orc, the human, the halfling on a clawfoot, the dragonborn, and finally the githyanki.

"So we're supposed to head to some lost Cannith forge adn see what's what there. That fine looking lady just mentioned that they have some wards there and someone, or something, disturbed them recently. They want us to check it out, and if intruders are there, get rid of them like you would any pest in your house." Kirska says, sitting down now with his feet up on the table, heavy black boots make a loud *thud* when they hit the wooden table.

Reklaw

First Post
Rook opens a pouch on his belt and pulls out a wad of shredded leaves, he offers it to Kirska.

"I've got plenty more where that came from! And it's the good stuff, this variety here is the Old Man's Beard... Not sure where they came up with the names but it's a good one." He finishes his statement with a long puff of smoke, finishing it with a smoke circle.

"Looking forward to working with you all, here's to a profitable adventure!" He finishes his statement with a quick drink from the refreshements on the table.

Remove ads