[Adventure] The Cannith Caper (Judge: THB)

Walking Dad

First Post
Varis d'Lyrandar , Half-Elf Bard 4

Varis looks around, but sees nothing new.

[sblock=ooc]

Perception (1d20+9=18)

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Varis d'Lyrandar
Perception: 19 Insight: 19 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 17 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +2
Hit Points: 44 / 44 Bloodied: 22
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +2 vs charm, illusion, sleep
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:11 Surges per day: 7 / 10
At-Will Powers: Lightning Longsword, Vicious Mockery, War Song Strike
Encounter Powers: Burning Spray, Shout of Triumph, Inspire Competence, Impelling Force, Word of Friendship, Majestic Word 2/2
Daily Powers: Stirring Shout, Extra lightning damage

Condition:

[/sblock]
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
With Varak and Vistrathis in the lead, the group carefully make their way down the corridor, hair standing on the back of your neck as you wait in anticipation for the lightning blast that felled the two goblinoids, but nothing comes. Your eyes scan the area, but you see no triggers nor anything else that is amiss.

Varak carefully steps over the bodies and reaches a doorway halfway down the hall, the door is partially open and you hear nothing inside. Peeking in you look into a long room. Shelves contain artificial limbs, heads, torsos, and other parts of incomplete constructs—humanoid and otherwise. You also think you see something of interest.

[sblock=WD]
Ok, so for Varis' level 4 parcel does he want an n of gold or n+1 item (level 5)? If item, any thoughts? [/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Varak finds a small, velvet sack, its workmanship uncanny, but what draws his eye to it is the stylized Kraken embroidered on the side of it. It is certainly an item that once belonged to a member of House Lyrandar, but what would it be doing here?

Beyond that there is little of value in this room.

[sblock=Bag]
The bag is a Bag of Holding [/sblock]

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Varak enters the room after the bard, looking with curiousity at the limbs of the constructs. He grabs a jointed arm by the shoulder and gives it a gentle shake, watching how the thing moves. Setting it gently back on the shelf, the half-orc moves back to the hallway, ready to move onward once more.

renau1g

First Post
Varak continues down the hall to the south, with Vistrathis a step behind, and the corridor turns to the east, Varak sees a door standing closed at the east end of the hallway, about 50' down or so.

[sblock=ooc]
I've attached a map, you had come down from the north, the storage room contained a Bag of Holding.

We're getting on about 2 weeks or so with no word from Kal. I don't believe there is any defender in the tavern besides Unit 16 (who wants to stick with Anti & Mezegis so no adding them). Options? We continue with 4, 2 leaders and 2 strikers and I dial down the encounters again, or we add another PC, requiring another prisoner here...which does kinda suck with continuity a bit... after all how many prisoners could be in a supposedly abandoned and secret facility? Or I appoint someone to NPC Vist during battles and we include him in XP calcs, not sure anyone wants that and I know that it is significantly more work for me to NPC him than not.

Best case is that Kal comes back...but better to plan just in case.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Cannith.jpg
    Cannith.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 76

EvolutionKB

First Post
Varak holds up his hand for those to halt behind him. The half-orc moves silently through the hallway, coming to a stop to the door. Careful not to touch the portal, he listens for movement or conversation on the other side.

[sblock=ooc]stealth perception (1d20+10=19, 1d20+8=19)

Kal being gone does prove a problem...if needed maybe one of the "bad guys" is a spy or something, or maybe had a last minute change of heart and turns on them when we attack. Or maybe we can make a warforged in the storage room. ;)
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Varak hears nothing from beyond the door.

[sblock=ooc]
Perhaps we can try out those companion rules from DMG2 temporarily until another defender is available? A renegade Hobgoblin - actually for Evo, stonegod and WD from my Red Hand of Doom game, when Reveille was going to be playing in it he was going to be a spy hobbo... [/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Varak waves the group forward, waiting for them to close the distance. He then opens the door, peering into the room beyond.

[sblock=ooc]companion rules work for me.[/sblock]

Remove ads