[Adventure] The Cannith Caper (Judge: THB)

Walking Dad

First Post
Varak hears nothing from beyond the door.

[sblock=ooc]
Perhaps we can try out those companion rules from DMG2 temporarily until another defender is available? A renegade Hobgoblin - actually for Evo, stonegod and WD from my Red Hand of Doom game, when Reveille was going to be playing in it he was going to be a spy hobbo... [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Companion rules sound good. Has someone showed Varis the bag with the symbol?[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Haltor spurs White-Eye forward, sniffing at distaste at the dead gobs. [sblock=OOC]Companion is fine with me[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Companion sounds good... which one of us wants to run it? (I don't want to volunteer as I've been having a bit of trouble keeping up with my games already and don't want to add to the load...)

I'm still hoping Kal comes back too.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Shoot.... I totally...totally missed Evo's post about opening the door... damnit all.

Ok sorry about that guys. Expect an update shortly.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
The door opens into a large, octagonal room that must once have been magnificent. The large symbol set into the floor still looks impressive, but the southern wall is completely shattered. Rubble is scattered everywhere, and some of the room’s southern section is blackened as if by an explosion. A large number of clearly humanoid bones are also strewn about the area.

[sblock=History DC10]
The symbol is that of House Cannith[/sblock]

[sblock=Perception DC19]
Numerous tiny nozzles project from a groove in the room’s walls, at least a dozen on a side

[sblock=Arcana DC19]
They look like the sort of nozzles that spew magical fire. If they activated, everything in the room would be burned beyond recognition.[/sblock]
[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Haltor, following behind the bigger Varak, suddenly pulls up. Stop! Stop! The halfling spins around on his mount a few times examining the walls a bit, then points to something along the walls. Crafty bastards. See those? Spigots. Spew burning fire if I don't mess my mark. Looks like one of those damn Cyran traps; lost half my team once to that liquid fire on the outskirts of Metrol. Anyone see where its connected?

OOC: History & Perception (12, 23), Arcana (20). The halfling is luck today.

Walking Dad

First Post
Varis d'Lyrandar , Half-Elf Bard 4

Varis looks around: "Is this a kind of trap? Can we disarm it?"

[sblock=ooc]
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2568079/
shall we roll checks, too? Haltor was already succesful.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Varis d'Lyrandar
Perception: 19 Insight: 19 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 17 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +2
Hit Points: 44 / 44 Bloodied: 22
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +2 vs charm, illusion, sleep
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:11 Surges per day: 7 / 10
At-Will Powers: Lightning Longsword, Vicious Mockery, War Song Strike
Encounter Powers: Burning Spray, Shout of Triumph, Inspire Competence, Impelling Force, Word of Friendship, Majestic Word 2/2
Daily Powers: Stirring Shout, Extra lightning damage

Condition:

[/sblock]
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Now that Haltor has identified the jets you can attempt an arcana check on them[/sblock]

[sblock=Arcana 21]
There is no magic left in these nozzles [/sblock]

Remove ads