[Adventure] The Cannith Caper (Judge: THB)

EvolutionKB

First Post
Varak walks into the room beside the halfling. He looks over the apparition carefully, trying to find some clue as to who he was, but the trasparent nature of the man is too hard for him to see through. "He speaks the truth. We fought some goblinoids outside, and we've found more in here, dead and alive."

[sblock=ooc]perception on ghost (1d20+8=13)[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Varis d'Lyrandar , Half-Elf Bard 4

Varis tries to get some insight what the ghost wishes and if it wabts to harm them.

[sblock=ooc]

Insight (1d20+9=19)

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Varis d'Lyrandar
Perception: 19 Insight: 19 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 17 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +2
Hit Points: 44 / 44 Bloodied: 22
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +2 vs charm, illusion, sleep
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:11 Surges per day: 7 / 10
At-Will Powers: Lightning Longsword, Vicious Mockery, War Song Strike
Encounter Powers: Burning Spray, Shout of Triumph, Inspire Competence, Impelling Force, Word of Friendship, Majestic Word 2/2
Daily Powers: Stirring Shout, Extra lightning damage

Condition:

[/sblock]
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Varis]
The apparition appears non-hostile, it makes no overt movements, nor does it have any malevolent intent, as far as you can tell [/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
"Very intereting indeed...so why would they hire you? Why not send their own members hmmm? What could you possibly do that my House's own could not accomplish?" the spirit asks

ryryguy

First Post
Harressh shoulders his way into the room and peers at the apparition. "Humph. I'm guessing you don't get out much, do you? How long have you been here? Have you heard of a little thing called the Day of Mourning, or would that be news to you?"

[sblock=ooc]Harressh's only social skill is Intimidate, which he isn't trying to use here... maybe an aid another check on something would be appropriate? Let me know what (or feel free to roll it for me renau1g)[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
"You are correct dragonspawn, but why would I leave? This is my forge and now I am free to continue my research, I'm sure you've some of it, my prototypes are not far from completion. I do not track time as I once did, we don't have the sun in here to count the passing of the days." the apparition says.

EvolutionKB

First Post
"Very intereting indeed...so why would they hire you? Why not send their own members hmmm? What could you possibly do that my House's own could not accomplish?" the spirit asks

Varak snorts. "This place was supposed to be a bit of a secret right? We don't come back, nobody cares. A bunch of members of House Cannith go missing sombody will and then no more secrets. "We expendable you see?"

renau1g

First Post
"Of course you are, now you need to ask yourselves, if this place is supposed to be a secret, and if you do come back, do you really expect someone from the House to allow you to just walk around with this information? This is one of the creation forges!" he replies, his voice contains no malice as he speaks, more a cold, calculating rationalization.

Walking Dad

First Post
Varis d'Lyrandar , Half-Elf Bard 4

"He has a point. my house is serious about it's secrets, too!" Varis confirms the apparitions words, just hoping to live to tell the tale.

[sblock=ooc]

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2580471/
[sblock=Mini stat block]
Varis d'Lyrandar
Perception: 19 Insight: 19 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 17 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +2
Hit Points: 44 / 44 Bloodied: 22
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +2 vs charm, illusion, sleep
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:11 Surges per day: 7 / 10
At-Will Powers: Lightning Longsword, Vicious Mockery, War Song Strike
Encounter Powers: Burning Spray, Shout of Triumph, Inspire Competence, Impelling Force, Word of Friendship, Majestic Word 2/2
Daily Powers: Stirring Shout, Extra lightning damage

Condition:

[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Remove ads