[Adventure] The Cannith Caper (Judge: THB)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Haltor rubs his temples at the House machinations, but continues plainly. Well, we were told that it may be an element of your House that may have done the break-in in the first place. Have you seen those that have done this? Are there others that have made it deeper into the complex?

renau1g

First Post
"Well, indeed there are others here as I'm sure you've surmised, having gotten this far. I am the lord over all who died here. The others have the living forge up and running again, but I doubt you'll see it." it says

[sblock=Haltor/Varis]
It’s claim that this is his forge isn’t entirely true. Clearly, he has some loyalty to or is beholden to the others he has mentioned [/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
"Bah!" Harressh snorts impatiently. "Intrigue annoys me. All that matters is, we're here to do a job for one of your House - one of the factions, that is. That's something else you've no doubt missed - your precious House is fragmented, with two or three different Canniths claiming to be the head. But we're not here to bring you up to speed on current events, so let's get to the point. Do you have something to tell us or ask us, or will you let us pass?"

EvolutionKB

First Post
"Whoever else has passed probably intends on taking the great ideas of the Cannith artificiers out of here. They will be made rich, the original creators won't get a lick of credit."

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Just changing the order of things here... [/sblock]

"Whoever else has passed probably intends on taking the great ideas of the Cannith artificiers out of here. They will be made rich, the original creators won't get a lick of credit."

The apparition begins laughing, a haunting sound to be sure, "Credit? I care little for the viewpoint of men at this juncture, after all, I will live far longer than any of you fools will. Any credit I will receive will be the terror my constructs cause and as for gold, I'm certainly far beyond such material pleasures. I am Haestus d’Cannith, greatest of the artificers!" his voice taking a hard edge, the blue flames growing deeper in colour.

"Bah!" Harressh snorts impatiently. "Intrigue annoys me. All that matters is, we're here to do a job for one of your House - one of the factions, that is. That's something else you've no doubt missed - your precious House is fragmented, with two or three different Canniths claiming to be the head. But we're not here to bring you up to speed on current events, so let's get to the point. Do you have something to tell us or ask us, or will you let us pass?"

"Oh, don't worry dragonspawn, you would be wise to return to Q'barra where your kind belong, but I won't stop you myself. Perhaps I’ll see you again, but I hope not, or rather you shall hope not. I shall not leave empty-handed though" His eyes flash, and pieces of bone around the room tremble. At the distraction, in the wink of an eye he's suddenly next to Vistrathis and as his spectral fingers grab the githyanki he shrieks in pain. "Witness, now, my power over the dead things of my forge!" He sinks into the floor still grabbing Vistrathis, and as he does, bones dart through the rubble, meeting each other and knitting together. A spectral blue flame lingers in the spot where he was. It pulses, filling the nozzles on the walls with a pale glow, then goes out.

Whole bones knit to form a sinuous form like a centipede with ribs for legs. A human skull caps the monstrosity. Bits of broken bone, teeth, and ash gather in tiny humanoid shapes that mass in swarms to attack.

The group has a narrow window to attack while the undead are forming.

[sblock=Arcana or Religion DC21]
You realize that Haestus left behind some necrotic energy that will likely harm you and heal the undead he left behind.

However, you can likely attempt to shut it down without a mechanical response.

Arcana or Religion (DC 21); standard action; a creature can attempt the check from anywhere in the trap’s encounter area. A total of four successes disables the trap. Any failure by 5 or more allows the trap to attack as an immediate reaction. [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]

Haltor - 31/37 - used 3 surges
Varak - 45/45 - used 2 surges
Harresh - 40/40 - used 2 surges
Varis - 44/44 - used 3 surges
White-Eye - 19/46 - used 1 surge

Initiative:
Haltor; Varis, Harresh, Varak, enemies (1d20+6=22, 1d20+2=11, 1d20+4=7, 1d20+8=15, 1d20+8 =10)

Everyone except Harresh goes before the enemies. [/sblock]

Attachments

• Cannith.png
    Cannith.png
    186.2 KB · Views: 71

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Haltor rubs White-Eye's flanks in encouragement, then rushes head-on at the nearest collection of bone and such. For Vistrathis! He lashes out quickly with his sharrash, seemingly bowling over the collection of dead remains.[sblock=OOC]Minor: Rub Some Dirt on It to grant White-Eye 8 THP; Flattening Charge TM60: Fort 30 (likely hit), 17 (19 if medium or larger) and knocked prone.[/sblock][sblock=Haltor]Haltor—Male Halfling Warlord 4
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14
AC: 19, Fort: 17, Reflex: 14, Will: 16 — Speed: 5
HP: 31/37, Bloodied: 18, Surge: 9, Surges left: 4/7
Action Points: 1/2, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers -
Brash Assault
Wolf Pact Tactice

Diabolic Stratagem
Flattening Charge

Lead by Example
Inspiring Word x2
Rub Some Dirt on It
Second Chance

Dwarven Chainmail +1

White Eye—Female Clawfoot 3
Initiative: +8, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11
AC: 19, Fort: 16, Reflex: 16, Will: 13 — Speed: 8
HP: 19+8/46, Bloodied: 23

LEB:pC:Haltor (stonegod) - ENWorld Living Eberron Wiki[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Varis d'Lyrandar , Half-Elf Bard 4

Varis is befuddled by the sudden turn in the conversation. He steps forward, but he rings with the words for the right remark on a bone mote.

[sblock=ooc]
Arcana, Religion (1d20+9=10, 1d20+8=14) ok, don't know anything

free: giving 1st ally in 5 sq who kills or bloodies an enemy 4 THP.
move: to 59 BG
minor: draw weapon
free: change damage to lightning
Standard: Vicious Mockery (1d20+7=14, 1d6+5=11) on TM 60. att vs Will.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Varis d'Lyrandar
Perception: 19 Insight: 19 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 17 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +2
Hit Points: 44 / 44 Bloodied: 22
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +2 vs charm, illusion, sleep
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:11 Surges per day: 7 / 10
At-Will Powers: Lightning Longsword, Vicious Mockery, War Song Strike
Encounter Powers: Burning Spray, Shout of Triumph, Inspire Competence, Impelling Force, Word of Friendship, Majestic Word 2/2
Daily Powers: Stirring Shout, Extra lightning damage

Condition:

[/sblock]
[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Following the halflings charge, Varak takes a couple quick steps and slams his blade into the tomb mote, disrupting the gathering of bone, like a janitor sweeping up detritus. The half-orc then steps backward away from the creature.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard Action: Pressing strike vs tm60: Shift 3 squares and attack: pressing strike vs tomb mote 60(CA) (1d20+13=32, 1d10+6=9)Push mote to BC61.
Move: Shift to BF60
Immediate reaction: shrug it off
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Varak
Init: +6 Passive Perception 18 Passive Insight 13
45/45 hp Surges 7/9(11)
AP: 1 Daily Magic item uses remaining: 2
Pressing Strike
Whirling Rend
Assassin's Shround
Half-Orc Resilience
Whirling Lunge
Whirling Step
Shrug It Off
Whirling Frenzy
Furious Assault
Thunder Hooves Rage
Bestial Hide
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
I won't be able to update today, so far infernal forces of corporate administration have worked to thwart my efforts. I'll be on vacation starting tomorrow, but slow posting until Monday. I hope to get one done tomorrow[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]By the way, after renau1g's update, it'd be nice if everyone can wait for Harressh to go first, assuming that it will be easier for him to get off a good area attack before everyone starts whirling around and flanking and so forth. (never mind if the enemies aren't well set up for an area attack or a close burst, or if I'm taking too long to post, which is possible as it's a busy weekend ahead for me)[/sblock]

Remove ads