[Adventure] The Cannith Caper (Judge: THB)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The halfling enters mounted and directs his steed deftly into a spot near the table. They move as one without thought or word. He nods at the other gentlemen, but does not say anything.[sblock=Haltor]Haltor—Male Halfling Warlord 4
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14
AC: 19, Fort: 17, Reflex: 14, Will: 16 — Speed: 5
HP: 37/37, Bloodied: 18, Surge: 9, Surges left: 7/7
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers -
Brash Assault
Wolf Pact Tactice

Diabolic Stratagem
Flattening Charge

Lead by Example
Inspiring Word x2
Second Chance

Dwarven Chainmail +1

White Eye[/color]—Female Clawfoot 3
Initiative: +8, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11
AC: 19, Fort: 16, Reflex: 16, Will: 13 — Speed: 8
HP: 46/46, Bloodied: 23

Full character sheet[/sblock]

CMoss

First Post
The human with the dagger and leather armor on enters the room, on the heels of the halfling. He looks around at the others, "Hi guys, I'm Alex, uh, in case you forgot." he says nervously, then turns back to the clawfoot. "That's an interesting specimen you have there, Haltor was it? Yes, it is far older than any other I've seen, looks like it has seen its share of battles too. Is it difficult to ride it with the beast having only one good eye?" Alex asks.

thaco

First Post
The dwarf enters the room as well. "Kirska" he says to the halfling as he moves closer to Vistrathis "So, what do you think this is all about?" he asks quietly.

Kalidrev

First Post
Vistrathis whispers back to the dwarf.

[sblock=Passive Perception 15] "My guess is that this has something to do with one of the missing forges. I sure hope it's not one of the ones in the Mournland though." [/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
he says nervously, then turns back to the clawfoot. "That's an interesting specimen you have there, Haltor was it? Yes, it is far older than any other I've seen, looks like it has seen its share of battles too. Is it difficult to ride it with the beast having only one good eye?" Alex asks.[/COLOR]
Haltor regards the human, the clawfoot sniffing the air. White-Eye has been in many battles and survived them all. Her eye is a gem of wisdom and strength, a gift for her many victories. He smiles warmly a moment and adds, Plus its good to scare the random outsider with too.

CMoss

First Post
"Ah..uh... hehe, very good, very scary indeed. Yes, I'm glad he's, she, sorry, she's on my side...I mean, our side, not implying he's mine..." the youth says awkwardly

ryryguy

First Post
Harressh watches all the newcomers enter the room, wrinkling his snout in confusion at the conversation. Obviously, I missed something, he thinks. Well, maybe if I just wait, all will be revealed.

Shoving a final mincemeat into his maw, the dragonborn walks over to lean against a wall, as far away from the halfling and his mount as possible.

renau1g

First Post
The women enters the room, looking at you all and shutting the door behind her. She slides a locking bar across the portal and then turns back to you. "I have a few preparations to make before we can begin discussing this matter in earnest. I shall take some minutes to complete." Miranda d'Cannith warns as she begins to say a few words of arcane power and tracing sigils into the door with a white powder.

[sblock=Arcana DC22]
The ritual is known as Eavesdropper's Folly, making it very difficult for others to hear what is happening in a room.
[/sblock]

After ten minutes of these efforts the woman turns back to you, "Excellent, now we should be safe from listening ears. So, as I mentioned earlier, our House would like you to undertake a mission for us. Now, as you are all aware House Cannith was the creator of the warforged, our finest work" she says proudly, "But after the Treaty of Thronehold we were forced to shut them down. We have complied, and kept them locked up and watched to ensure no others would attempt to steal our secrets.

What we have heard, or rather learned, from one of the wardings we placed over the area, is that someone, or something, has forced their way into the complex. That's where you come in. We would like to hire your services to investigate the disturbance, deal with any intruders, and ensure that House Cannith property is uncompromised. I will reveal the details of its location once you've all agreed to help. One thing I can say, is that it is not in the Mournlands."
Miranda explains, producing a notarized House Sivis stamped document detailing that those who've signed this document agree to perform services for House Cannith, under the auspices of Miranda d"Cannith for a set fee of 2,400 gold pieces for the work. The details of the work in the contract are rather vague, only mentioning that the signee will complete an investigation for the House and protect its property.

"So, does anyone have questions before signing?" the d'Cannith asks

Kalidrev

First Post
"Yes, I do, Lady Miranda. Do you happen to have any insights on what this someone or something could be? Were the wardings on your property placed in such a fashion that it could determine the origins of its disturber? If not, do you have any information on how the warding was disturbed? Do you know if it was physically disturbed or magically disturbed?"

EvolutionKB

First Post
"Could your ward be disturbed from the inside? Like something got in?"

The half orc looks over the others as they enter the room, the halfling and lizard, the young awkward human, and the tough looking dwarf.

Remove ads