[Adventure] The Jade Ring (DM: Dimsdale)

Goldhammer

First Post
"Hey boys, you wanna see something red hot?" Torqua calls out to a pair of thugs. She takes a deep breath in, her belly starting to glow and shake as if there was a fire lit inside it. Then the fat sorceress bellows out a great cloud of flame, engulfing the two rogues in arcane fire.

Torqua calmly blows out a puff of smoke afterwards. "Must of been something I ate." She causally notes, her body still aglow with magical heat.

OOC:
Moving up to 11N and using Burning Spray against Thug 6 and Thug 7.

Thug 6, 17 vs Ref
1d20+6=17
1d8+8=16

Thug 6 takes 16 fire damage.

Thug 7, 19 vs Ref
1d20+6=19
1d8+8=13

Thug 7 takes 13 Fire damage.

I have +1 to attack them until the end of my next turn.
The next foe to hit me with a melee attack before the end of my next turn takes 4 fire damage

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Leather hefts his axe and lays his should into a two handed strike levelled at Mr Sam's knee, but his deft opponent nimbly steps aside and the axe clatters harmlessly against the cobble stones, sending up a spray of sparks.

[sblock=Actions]Steel Serpent Strike vs Mr Sam 14 vs AC=Miss Marked TENT

OOC: I am a slightly confused. So Leather's initial hit out of combat did count after all? So Inevitable Strike WAS used and so is not available for this fight? Is that right? If so, all good.

If I am confused and leather did not hit with that initial show of aggression, but merely gained a grab hold, and I still have access to Inevitable Strike then Leather would use it now to try and turn that miss into a hit.

Mr Sam will take 1d10+3 dmg at the start of his turn from Rain of Steel stance[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] that's fine. Inevitable Strike vs Mr. Sams is a hit. I'll update everything tomorrow. Roll the damage for the hit

dimsdale

First Post
[Sblock=DM Notes: Please Ignore]

GM:

Enemy actions:

Thug 1: Dead

Thug 2
Actions:
Shift to I7 fro J6
Attack: poison dagger: 1d20+9 (+2 flank) vs Giant Toad AC for 1d4+5 = hit (27) for 7

Thug 3
Actions:
Attack: poison dagger: 1d20+9 (+2 flank) vs Giant Toad AC for 1d4+5 = Hit (30) for 8

Thug 4
Shift D7 to E7
Attack: poison dagger: 1d20+9 VS UM AC for 1d4+5=miss

Thug 5
Shift I13 to I12
Attack: poison dagger: 1d20+9 VS UX AC for 1d4+5= miss

Thug 6

Thug 7

Mr. Sams

Actions pending (I will get them done tonight)

[/Sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
After powerful attacks from the allies Mr. Sams dagger slices and dices, cutting through mostly air as a result of the brutal attack by Haaku. However, he does hit Leather and Haaku for minor wounds. It could have been much worse. Two other thugs gang up on the giant toad hitting it multiple times. One thug rushes towards the sorcerer and thrusts his dagger between folds of blubber inflicting a minor wound. But to the thug's surprise, pain shoots down his arm as well. Another thug scores a hit on one of the bards owlbear dancers causing it to hoot loudly. The crowd has now moved a safe distance away, allowing the thugs and party to fight away. The crowd cheers with every successful hit, especially the one that was applied by the acrobatic Haaku on Mr. Sams.

OOC: No more difficult terrain

GM:
Enemy actions:

Thug 1: Dead

Thug 2
Actions:
Shift to I7 fro J6
Attack: poison dagger: 1d20+9 (+2 flank) vs Giant Toad AC for 1d4+5 = hit (27) for 7

Thug 3
Actions:
Attack: poison dagger: 1d20+9 (+2 flank) vs Giant Toad AC for 1d4+5 = Hit (30) for 8

Thug 4
Shift D7 to E7
Attack: poison dagger: 1d20+9 VS UM AC for 1d4+5=miss

Thug 5
Shift I13 to I12
Attack: poison dagger: 1d20+9 VS UX AC for 1d4+5= miss

Thug 6
Attack: poison dagger: 1d20+9 VS UM AC for 1d4+5= Hit (30) for 6

Thug 7
Attack: poison dagger: 1d20+9 VS Torqua AC for 1d4+5= Hit (27) for 8

-4 damage to Thug for hitting Torqua

Mr. Sams
OA vs Haaku 1d20+12 vs Haaku AC for 1d6+6 = (Hit) 27 for 11

Attack: Dancing with knives +12 +(2 CA) vs Haaku AC (crit 19-20): 1d6+6 +2d6 (see CA) damage (Crit:1d6+12) = miss (dammit :) )

Effect: The human knife fighter shifts 2 squares after the attack and makes one more attack against the same target or a different one. The knife fighter then shifts 2 squares. (CAN'T SHIFT due to Leather's last attack)

Attack 1d20+12 vs Leather AC = hit (26) for 12 Note: the IC roll included other damage but I didn't count it in the damage dealt to Leather.

CA: A human knife fighter does an additional 2d6 extra damage to those who grant CA to him.

AP attack: Wounded dagger +12 VC Leather AC (crit 19,20) for 1d6+6 + 5 ongoing = miss

OOC:
Mr. Sam's first attack didn't include Leather so Leather gets an OA

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: One thing I'm confused about... I have used Um on the map to designate Ursa Minor and UM to designate Ursa Major. So it might help me figure out who is being attacked if you referred to them the same way.

Fhangrim launches another volley of stones from his staff before he and Ursa Major close in on one of the thugs.

"Brother Navio, you may wish to follow my girl behind the fighting. It's for your safety after all."

He and Ursa Major then tear into the thug opening great wounds.

Wounded, the giant toad continues to attack the thug. His tongue manages to catch the thug around the head and jerks him violently forward for a bite, nearly breaking the man's neck.

Standard: Magic Stone
Thug 2 14(1d20) +10 = 24 Reflex; 1(1d4) +8 = 9 (HIT)
Thug 3 4(1d20) +10 = 14 Reflex; 4(1d4) +8 = 12 (MISS)
Thug 4 3(1d20) +10 = 13 Reflex; 2(1d4) +8 = 10 (MISS)
Push Thug 2 to J6.
Move: Fhangrim to F7
Ursa Major to D7
Action Point: Combined Attack
Thug 4 (Fhangrim)
9(1d20) +12 +2 = 23; 10(1d12) +8 +2 +2 = 22
(HIT)
Thug 4 (Ursa Major)
13(1d20) +11 +2 = 26; 7(1d12) +7 +2 = 16
(HIT)
End of Round: Instinctive Effect
Thug 2
20(1d20) +10 = 30; 4(1d8) +8 = 12
(CRIT)
Crit Damage
9(2d10) +16 = 25

[sblock=Fhangrim's Stats]Fhangrim - Gnoll Sentinel 6
Passive Perception 24, Passive Insight 17
AC 20, Fort 19, Reflex 16, Will 18 (19 while bloodied)
HP 54/54, Bloodied 27, Surge Value 13, Surges 12/12
Speed 7, Initiative +5
Action Points: 0, Second Wind []
At-Will Powers: Magic Stones,
Call Spirit Companion
Encounter Powers: Combined Attack [x][],
Ferocious Charge [],
Spirit's Fangs [],
Healing Word [][],
Healing Spirit [],
Barkskin [x],
Natural Terrain Understanding [x]
Daily Powers: Summon Pack Wolf [],
Summon Giant Toad [x],
Speak with Spirits [x],
Armor of Awakening [][/color]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ursa Major's Stats]Ursa Major - Gaoler Pygmy Owlbear
Passive Perception 26, Passive Insight 17
AC 19, Fort 21, Reflex 17, Will 21
HP 27/27, Bloodied 13, Surge Value 6
Speed 6[/sblock]

[sblock=Ursa Minor's Stats]Ursa Minor - Young Gaoler Pygmy Owlbear
Passive Perception 26, Passive Insight 17
AC 19, Fort 21, Reflex 17, Will 21
HP 21/27, Bloodied 13, Surge Value 6
Speed 6[/sblock]

[sblock=Ursa Maximus' Stats]Ursa Maximus - Spirit of Gaoler Pygmy Owlbear
AC 20, Fort 19, Reflex 16, Will 18
HP 13 (damage below this amount is ignored)
Immune Area and close attacks; all conditions[/sblock]

[sblock=Summoned Giant Toads's Stats]Summoned Giant Toad
AC 20, Fort 19, Reflex 16, Will 18
HP 12/27, Bloodied 13, Surge Value 6
Speed 5, Swim 6[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
OOC: One thing I'm confused about... I have used Um on the map to designate Ursa Minor and UM to designate Ursa Major. So it might help me figure out who is being attacked if you referred to them the same way.

GM: Got it. I see where that can be confusing. Thanks for bringing it to my attention

jbear

First Post
Leather attempts to punish Mr Sam for turning his attention to Haaku, but he is a slippery customer indeed, dodging out of the way.

[sblock=COmbat Challenge] MBA vs Mr Sam for violating his mark: 17 vs AC=Miss [/sblock]

Determined to do better and keep the other thug at Haaku's back distracted Leather levels an quick strike at Mr Sam. His other hand flicks his hand axe out at the other thug. The hand axe misses, but it certainly catches the thug's attention. Mr Sam looks over his shoulder, just in time to catch Leather's two handed savage blow that sends him crashing hard to the ground. Now surely Mr Sam would realise that he was also facing a worthy opponent.

[sblock=Actions] Standard: Cleave vs Mr Sam 21 vs AC=Hit for 12 dmg Marked TENT
Deft Hurler: RBA vs Thug 6 (No OATk) 16 vs AC=Miss Marked TENT
Minor: Stow Hand Axe away

Action Point: Bull Charge vs Mr Sam 2 Handed Crits for 34 dmg and Mr Sam is pushed 1 to S8 and Leather shifts to R8; Secondary attack: 27 vs Fort=Hit Mr Sam is Knocked prone
Move: Shift to S9

At start of his turn Mr Sam takes 8 dmg from Rain of Steel
And Thug 6 takes 8 dmg from Rain of Steel

Total Damage: 12+34+8= 54 dmg for Mr Sam
8 dmg for Thug 6[/sblock]

[sblock=Temp Combat Notes]
Will post proper stat block soon.

For now:
AP USED

Encounter Powers:
Inevitable Strike: USED
Steel Serpent Strike: USED
Bull Charge: USED

Daily Powers:
Rain of Steel: Stance Active
[/sblock]

WEContact

First Post
OOC: HERE'S A LINK TO THE MAP SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO BACK TO THE LAST PAGE TO FIND IT
Damage rolls assume that Sams is bloodied at the beginning of my turn. If he is not, subtract 3 from each damage instance until the point at which my attacks bloody him.

Haaku's prey is at his feet, wounded, though still dangerous. He shows no mercy, and the brutality of his assault on the mob boss is shocking even to his allies. His blade bites deep and his clawed gauntlet dips, comes back drenched in blood, and then dips again, and again, and again. Another vicious slash rolls the savaged man onto his back, and Haaku rips opens his exposed throat.

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Rain of Blows HIT AC 28, HIT AC 24, MISS AC 18 for 33 damage
Minor: Off-Hand Strike MISS AC 18
No Action: Heroic Effort, Off-Hand Strike for 24 damage
Minor: Sohei Flurry HIT AC 28 for 17 damage
Spend AP: Twin Strike HIT AC 33, 28 for 29 damage

total damage: 103, enough to kill
[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]Haaku - Male Human Ranger|Fighter 5
Initiative: +6, Passive perception: 26, Passive Insight: 16
AC:21 Fort:19 Ref:20 Will:16
HP: 34/45 Bloodied: 22 Surge value: 11 Surges/day: 8
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 0, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +12 vs AC, 1d8+11 (off-hand)
Equipment: +1 Rhythm Blade Short Sword, Chatkcha, Javelins(2), Potions of Healing (2), Adventurer's Kit
Notes: +3 damage vs bloodied targets

Powers:Twin Strike, Footwork Lure, Hunter's Quarry, Heroic Effort[X], Sohei Flurry[X], Off-hand Strike[X], Rain of Blows[X], Invigorating Stride, Jaws of the Wolf[X], Rain of Steel[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post

GM: aggghh As I made my last post I had thought the same thing as I had to go back to search. Usually I put the map at the end of the enemy action post (that's what i've done in the past with the adventures I've dm'd). However, this time around most of the number crunching and displays are on the map itself. This is the first time I've done it this way. I promise you that in future enemy posts the map will be there. :)

Remove ads