• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure]: The Mark of Trogdor (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)

[MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION], I would like to point out my last post which states that Nementah is in L12 and Primera in T13. Thsi would put her out of halfling's reach. I still cannot edit the map.

Also, waiting to see if inactive statues can be hurt and are just waiting for their turns.

EDIT: I can edit hte map, just not with IE for some reason. Firefox works. Stupid browsers.

[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION], this goes for you too, you cannot move in T13, but U13 is free.

EVERYONE: stay where you are I'll blast 5 with a daily that grants +5 to saves if you want. Also, Raijin, Haleck, Skaliss and Quan will be Protective Rooted if they stay. Anyone who gets adjacent to R13 will get DR 5 for the encounter.

Waiting for dims.

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
ooc: Note to self. Read post carefully before responding. I went to move MetaVoid's icons on the map and they were already moved. I then went back to the post and reread it, discovering that he said that he can now move the icons.

[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION]: The half-elf statue is not activated, so first strike doesn't count. The rest of the attack goes against the hafling.

[MENTION=60965]Iron Sky[/MENTION]: Correct: The only two statues activated are the human and the hafling.

[MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION]: Damage to Nementah is negated since she wasn't there in the first place :). The attack has been edited.

@EVERYONE: Please subtract the damage you have done to any foe from the icon on the map. That way everyone who attacks the same foe knows exactly how many hp the foe has before they attack. With so many characters I don't want every one having to reread post to try to figure it out. Thanks.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION], I edited the post and even managed to include all the rolls so we don't have to change anything...too bad about AP and Echoing Assault (no withering courage bonus and probably will not survive for the echo :) ) - not optimal, but I'd hate to have to repeat everything.

[MENTION=85539]Tenchuu[/MENTION], let's wait with the courage until they are a bit more powerful, eh?

"Everyone, the girl here says that they'll get more powerful as we kill them. So, let's focus fire. This one is going down very soon, but take care of the others. Healers, keep your wits about you and use your healing with maximum effect! Nementah, can you protect you softies instead of me and Skaliss, these guys seem to be able to move pretty fast."

Velmont

First Post
Jarel-karn engage the human, but he evade easily the strike. "The sewer water and the trial really rusted me... He, big guy, you fight me!"

[SBLOCK=OOC]Move: Walk to N12
Standard: Booming Blade vs AC on Human (1d20+15=19, 1d8+8=14, 1d6+8=9)
Minor: Aegis of Shielding[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Immediat Interrupt]Jarel-karn have many immediate action. I'll list in this SBLOCK the immediate action Jarel-karn will do in order of importance. Take the first trigger that happens during the round. If many happen at once, take the first in the list.

1) Trigger: A marked enemy hit any ally within 10 squares Power: Aegis of Shielding Effect: Close Burst 10; -10 damage to triggering attack.

2) Trigger: A creature you have marked with your Aegis of Shielding target you and at least two allies with an attack. Power: Leather Armor of Aegis Expansion +2 Effect: The damage of the triggering attack is reduced by 7.

3) Trigger: An enemy hit in melee any ally within 5 squares, is within 5 squares of another enemy and Jarel-karn is not in melee against a melee enemy. Power: Dimensional Vortex Effect: Ranged 5; +12 vs. Will against triggering enemy. If hit, you teleport the target 5 squares next to an enemy. The target make his melee attack against the most damaged enemy and do an extra 5 damages if it is marked by Jarel-karn. If there is no target valid, he expend the attack.

4) Trigger: An enemy hit any non-defender ally within 10 squares or Jarel-karn Power: Channeling Shield Effect: Close Burst 10; You reduce the damage by 10 from the triggering attack. You next successful attack you make before the end of your next turn will do 5 more damage.

5) Trigger: An enemy hit in melee any non-defender ally within 2 squares Power: Guardian's Counter Effect: You and your ally shift up to 2 squares as a free action, swapping position. You become the target of the triggering attack, in place of the ally. After the attack is resolved, you can make a basic attack against the attacker. (+15 vs AC 1d8+7 damage) [/SBLOCK]

[Sblock=Jarel-karn]Jarel-karn
Genasi Swordmage 9
Initiative +5
Passive Insight 15; Passive Perception 15; Normal Vision
HP 83/83; THP 0; Bloodied 41; Surge-Value 21; Surges Per-Day 13/13
AC 27; Fortitude 22; Reflex 21; Will 19
Speed 6
Action Points: 1

Current Effects: None

Basic Attack: Runic Longsword +15 vs AC 1d8+7 damage

Skills: Arcana +14, Athletic +9, Endurence +18, Intimidate +10, Insight +5, Nature +5, Perception +5
Languages: Common, Tsugo

Powers
[ ]Aegis of Shielding
[ ]Booming Blade
[ ]Ligthning Lure

[ ]Promise Storm
[ ]Guardian Counter
[ ]Ligthning Clash
[ ]Dimensional Vortex
[ ]Echoes of Sword Magic
[ ]Channeling Shield
[ ]Armathor's Step

[ ]Dimensional Thunder
[ ]Lingering Ligthning
[ ]Blade Bolt

[ ]Leather Armor of Aegis Expansion +2 [E]
[ ]Periapt of Cascading Health [E]
[ ]Warded Vambraces [E]
[ ]Boots of Fencing Master [E]
[ ]Corellon's Boon of Arcane Might [Sword Burst] [E]
[ ]Corellon's Boon of Arcane Might [Dual Lightning Strike] [D]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

OOC: I decided to start slowly, we may need those saving throws and there is only one enemy to target...

Nementah activates her armor, the wind picking up for the moment before dropping, but soft whisper can be heard, the wind ready to repel the attackers.

Primera moves toward the halfling, lashing out at it's head.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Activate Repulsion Armor
Move: Primera to T11, Nementah to N10
Standard: Protecting Strike vs Will (halfling); damage (1d20+11+1=28, 1d8+8=14) - kill, Rocco and Skaliss gain 5thp
[/sblock]

[sblock=Nementah]
Initiative +6; Senses Passive Insight 18, Passive Perception 23
HP 67/67, Bloodied 33, Surge Value 16, Surges 11/11
AC 21; Fortitude 22, Reflex 20, Will 22
Primera AC 24; Fortitude 24, Reflex 22, Will 24
1 AP
Speed 6

+1 to hit vs bloodied enemies

Spirits Shield
Protecting Strike
Call Spirit Companion
Spirit of the Tempest

Voyage of the Ancients
Wrath of the Destroyer
Pursuit of the Hunter
Healing spirit
Healing spirit
Speak with spirits
Certain threat

Cleansing Wind of the North
Protective Roots
Winds of Pain and Succor
Spirit of the Keeper

Repulsion Armor daily : immediate reaction - push enemy that enters the square adjacent to Nementah. NOTE: this foils charges because it's a reaction to ENTERING THE SQUARE

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Earth advances ominously thought the battlefield as electrical energy swirls around him, rises his hammer and crashes the human statue under it, sending it to the ground "Accept the judgement of Nature..." says the construct in a calm rocky voice, devoid of emotion, as arcs of lightning shoot from his impassive shape towards the shadow statue.

Earth Enters Mountain Guardian form, moves to the Human , marks it, and uses Earthgrasp Strike on it, hitting it for 13 dmg and knocking it prone. The target can't stand up until the end of Earth's next turn, and the first time it stands up before the end of the encounter, it takes 1d10 + 7 damage. He also takes 5 electrical damage from Mountain guardian form,

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION]: Jarel-karn have marked the human. Unless you need it for your attack, I'll ask you to NOT mark it. I have two Immediate Action that I can trigger only IF he is marked by me, and another one that have a bonus IF I marked him.

@Everyone Two enemy, at least three defenders, we will need to handle properly the marks.

EDIT: [MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION]: I see that Earth have a bonus to damage if he marked his enemy. Would it be possible for Jarel-karn to act AFTER Earth even if I post BEFORE, only for this time. Pretty please! :)

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: I have also two immediate interrupts working with my mark. We should compare which two are more beneficial.

[sblock=Earth]
Initiative +4
Passive Insight 16 Passive Perception 21; Senses normal
HP 86 Bloodied 43 Surge Value 21; Surges Per-Day 14
AC 25 Fortitude 20 Reflex 18 Will 19
Speed 6 Size Medium

Opportunity accions vs marked enemies:

-Warden Fury (At Will Inmediate interrupt Melee ✦ Primal Weapon)
Target: Triggering creature Trigger: An enemy marked by Earth makes an attack that does not include him as a target
Attack: +13 vs Fort, 1d10 + 7 damage, and the target grants combat advantage to Earth and his allies until the end of Earth's next turn, and it's slowed.

-Warden's Grasp (At Will Inmediate interrupt Melee ✦ Primal Weapon)
Target: Triggering creature Trigger: An enemy marked by Earth that is within 5 squares of him makes an attack that does not include him as a target
Effect: Earth slides the target 1 square. The target is slowed and cannot shift until the end of its turn.

Other important variables:

-Attacks vs Slowed or immovilized enemies: +4 damage.
-Enemies hit by opportunity attacks are slowed.
-Gain +1 attack when an ally is adjacent to a foe.
-Critical hits knock targets prone.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION]: If you see a few post above, I have 3 interrupt:

Aegis of Shielding:
Advantage: I reduce damage dealt by the creature by 10, and it work everytime (no attack roll to make)
Disadvantage: The creature doesn't get damaged.

Aegis of Shielding:
Advantage: I reduce damage dealt by the creature by 10, and it work everytime (no attack roll to make)
Disadvantage: The creature doesn't get damaged

Leather Armor of Aegis Expansion +2
Advantage: I reduce damage dealt by 7, it works everytime, and it can be trigger if he attack me and someone else (so, a different trigger)
Disadvantage: The creature doesn't get damaged

Dimensional Vortex
This one can be trigger on a target that is not marked. If it is trigger against a marked creature, the creature deals a bit more damage on another enemy.

I think it is more interesting for me to mark the creature. But for now, I'll leave you the mark. That will allow me to use Dimensional Vortex if needed, and if he decide to take the AoO that come with it because Dimensional Vortex is a ranged attack, you can always trigger your marked ability.

[MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION]: Human will be mark by Earth for this round.

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: In any case it won't be able to get up until the end of Earth's next turn, so if all other players go first and drop it before, it would be ideal.

Remove ads