(Adventure) The Monestary of Saint Feragon <Judge:Macbeth>

dpdx

Explorer
Rurik turns around, at first surprised by the strange voices, then pleased that they weren't feral. Waiting for one of the others to speak, Rurik stands silent, waraxe dangling from his beltloop.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
He set his surprise aside, reflexes upon the meeting of holy folk moving his body and words. Sir Ishmael bowed in reverence, setting Violet upon the ground with a light tap.

"I am Sir Ishmael of the Wooden Sword. My companions and I wish to give aid to thee. We hath heard tale of an assault upon thine stronghold and came hither. We felled some of the beasts in search of thee and thine brethren.

My heart doth rejoice to see that the Order here still lives. Art there others like thee that remain uncorrupted of the Feral God's embrace?"

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
nimisgod said:
"I am Sir Ishmael of the Wooden Sword. My companions and I wish to give aid to thee. We hath heard tale of an assault upon thine stronghold and came hither. We felled some of the beasts in search of thee and thine brethren.

My heart doth rejoice to see that the Order here still lives. Art there others like thee that remain uncorrupted of the Feral God's embrace?"

The woman replies to the halfling paladin 'Well met,Sir Ishmael.We have seen what you have wrought amongst the enemy. We fought the enemy as best we could, losing many of our Brothers and Sisters to their jaws. Where these beasts came from,we know not, though they attacked swiftly and with purpose while most of our order was at meal. I know not how many others may live, hidden, waiting for this storm to pass, but we have come to give battle to these desecrators of our Monestary.I am Tara, this is Gunter and William.'She gestures to the big then the smaller man in turn.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Sir Ishmael nodded in acknowledgement. "Lady Tara, Sir Gunter and Sir William, I offer thee mine power to heal if any of thee currently warrant relief from an injury.

Might I suggest that we travel together? That is, if mine companions do not object" The halfling looks to his group for any objections. He explained the benefits of such a union for any that held doubts in their hearts. "A pooling of strength would aid greatly in staving off the threat to both our groups. At the very least, a sharing of information concerning these fell creatures would benefit all involved"

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:Can't find my notebook with the wounds you folks may have suffered. I can dig back, but please list HPs down for your characters, thanks.

IC

The Monk smiles, waving her hand 'Nay,good Sir. We have Healing reserves, and,truth-be-known, you look as if perhaps you could do with some aid in that department.'

Gunter moves back into the last chamber and returns with a backpack that seems to contain various food,waterskins as well as knives and a quiver of bolts. He pulls out a small ceder box and handsit to Tara, silent all the while.
Opening the box, Tara displays several small containers looking like an actor's cosmetics tin.'Healing Salves that we keep here for...emergencies.If any among you are injured, speak up and we shall see what we can do.The chamber beyond where we stand is a training room.There is a short platform and a flight of stairs leading down into an area perhaps 40 by 80 feet.That is where these Ferals are.I must impress,however,we mean to rid our Sanctified Monestary of this Foulness, though I doubt that we will live out the day...'

OoC: This would be where anyone hurt should speak up. We can assume 3 or 4 rounds to heal folks, the Monk has 8 uses of a 1D8 topical Healing Salve.
After a minute or so...

The drums in the background build to a crescendo and then a sudden shriek sounds,followed by howls and snarling from beyond the door leading deeper down...

Last edited:

nimisgod

LEW Judge
OOC: By my reckoning, Sir Ishmael has suffered no wounds yet.

"'Tis but a scratch, milady." He spoke reassuringly though still appreciative of her concern "Worry not about this simple knight. Fate hath me spared injury ths far. However, I know that their claws and teeth shall find mine flesh yet.

I will reserve mine healing for the midst of battle, when the application of thine salves is at great risk."

The halfling looked visibly chilled by the cacophany below. "Is this some vile rite to the Feral God they perform? An unholy sacrifice? Do they come for us now?" Sir Ishmael mumbled these words quietly to himself as he watched the monks distribute healing toward the party. He swept his gaze around his surroundings.

Outwardly, it looked like he was lost in a trance... but in truth, he had tapped into his "Divine Inquisition" ability to detect evil presences in the area. Should the creatures approach silently, he hoped pick up their vile presence before it was too late.

OOC: Sweeping the whole place, including the monks while they tend to the injured in the party.

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Uriel said:
Turning, he is confronted by a trio of humans in white and yellow robes <Rel Know 19>: Monks of Saint Feragon.
A small woman bearing a crossbow speaks, flanked by a huge man carrying an ironshod staff and a wiry man wielding twinned kama.'Who are you who step within the hallowed halls of Saint Feragon, speak quickly,lest this turns ugly.Beastmen we know you not to be, but who then...?'

Kirin is stunned for several minutes of uninterupted conversation
OOC: between the insomniaics :p
and seems to be seized by some sort of vision... she mutters something about a crooked staff and a box and two lines of shining metal, but it is largely unnoticed in the excitement of seeing the healing salves... Once she has come to herself, she steps forward and greets the group with a nod. "My name is Kirin, I'm here to help... are you all that remains of your order? We have been through only a small part of your home so far, but have found no sign of survivors. If you will please not take offense?" She casts Detect Magic, ignoring the auras in the box for the moment in favor of making sure there aren't any transmutational traces lingering under their robes...

dpdx

Explorer
[As far as I know, Rurik's at full, with 2nd-level HP to boot. He's ready.]

Rurik steps forward to the new people, offering his hand.

"Rurik Axebender: fighter, smith. I makes 'ese, 'en I swings 'em. S'good ta know ye've got people what can start over once we, uh, help ye rid yerselves o' the feral menace... 'En I'd be mighty obliged if we c'd save that 'ere medicine kit fer after that," he says, gesturing to indicate the ceremony yonder.

Aranel

First Post
Aranel had stepped back to let the others greet the newcomers. Perhpas this would help a little bit...
She watched thoughtfully as those in divine favour seemed to fuss over them. She smiled slightly. They were probably asking the gods if it was ok to trust these new faces.

Deciding she'd babbled on enough that day already she looked to 'Fang, offered her hand to him to pet him while there was time.
Once the others had calmed down she would introduce herself and pretend she knew absolutly nothing about looking through the probably dead Monk's possessions.
Dead people didn't need weapons. Especially if they got back up again. Ferals weren't much better.

"Well met, I am Aranel Silimaure, pleased indeed to meet more friendly faces in this place."

She bowed slightly and then checked her crossbow to ensure it was loaded. "As the situation has changed, perhaps now we are to follow or friend Dwarves plans and charge recklessly in?" she inquired politely of the rest of them.
Once she'd fired the crossbow she was going to have to get closer than she wanted to one of those Ferals with her rapier.
"Or perhaps someone could think up a plan?" she looked to Telerin. "What kind of magic will nature allow you to unleash today?" she asked him. "Perhaps you could encourage some vines to trip them..?" she had no idea, he was the forest priest not her.

dpdx

Explorer
After Rurik shook hands with each of the monks, he ambled back to his original spot. He'd just about got sat down when he heard Aranel's comment.

Aranel said:
"Perhaps now we are to follow our friend Dwarves' plans and charge recklessly in?" she inquired politely of the rest of them.
Rurik stared at Aranel, not believing for a second that she was attempting to be polite. "I'm confused. Ye jus' said per'aps now we're ta follow the Dwarveses plans, which implies ta me that we even 'ad plans in the first place. An' o' course, the High Prelate o' Moral'ty o'er thar's accusin' us a ha'en naught fer plan, so only one o' you c'n be right. Now which 'un is't, and which 'un needs the flat part o' my axe upside 'er 'ead?

While ye all get ta know each other, I'll be o'er 'ere, goin' along with whate'er plan ye come up with. But ye've more'n demonstrated what ye think of me, so I think it's fix'n time for one of the vexin' know-it-all pointers ta have a turn up front.
"

Last edited:

Remove ads