(Adventure) The Monestary of Saint Feragon <Judge:Macbeth>

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
((OOC: If it HAS just been an hour..then Telerin's going to be very against resting. Just get there and you already want to take a break? No way! :)))

OOC: I'm really not sure what the time has to do with anything... Telerin has ben negged and raised, at least one of the dwarves has prolly lost and healed twice his total hit points, and we are out of healing potions and low on magic...

I guess I'm going to have to avoid adventures where my character is the only one who is primarily a caster... It seems to me that the use of non renewable resources (like potions, spells and rages) are a more important guideline of when adventurers back off than trying to imagine how tired you would be and keeping on going because the fights took place in quick succession... Come to think of it it seems to the dmg that way too. ;)

dpdx

Explorer
Rurik's voice issues softly but firmly from the front of the line, just behind Aranel. "No. Not now. We ain't ready ta do this yet. Too many of 'em."

Turning around, facing the rest of the group, Rurik walks back to the last room. As he passes, he nods at Kirin.

Last edited:

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Sturm follows, waving his arms at the others in frustration. "Noff, noff, what he meant'n say's what we're goin' down an' fightin' right now, so's ye'd all best come do what's opp'site wit' us..."

He sighs, turning. He calls gruffly over his shoulder:

"An' don' bother yerselfs on hidin' 'ny bodies... Ne'er seen a beast what couldn't ken out no scent o' intrudin' folk. We're tradin' surprise fer magic, ain' nothin' more'n it."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC: I am sorry that you folks seem to be having a bit of dissention regarding what to do/when to go on. Why doesn't everyone list the healing sources that they have,be they spells or potions and we can do about figuring this out. As far as Kirin beng the only primary caster (and specifically Divine caster in regards to healing), telerin is a Druid, as you know, and no slouch for healing.

dpdx

Explorer
[That was it, as far as Rurik's supplies. He could mine a ton of ore with what he's got on him, but that was the last healing potion, a while ago.]

"Sturm, I'm beggin' ya, leave it be!", Rurik calls out, exasperated. "Dun give 'em the satisfaction!"

Rurik continues back to the last room.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
OOC: I gave away my healing potion to Rurik but I have 4 hp worth of Lay on Hands.

Sir Ishmael shakes his head and takes rear guard to the party, wherever the destination.

Aranel

First Post
[Ooc: Thank you KB! As a member of a reinactment group I wanna mumble on about how fighting for any length of time wears a person down quickly...

Most people didn't last the first four minutes of combat because they got tired, and those fights dragged on for hours. Those people are all carrying HEAVY chainmail and platemail and whatnot. (Leather armour really isn't that heavy...chainmail on men is...I'm to small to wear anything else...) They've been in quite a few fights, there are pretty much no more healing spells and potions. 4hp of lay on hands while a lot to Aranel...isn't really gonna help anyone...and if there are a lot of them...lambs to the slaughter./ooc]

IC:
Sturm follows, waving his arms at the others in frustration. "Noff, noff, what he meant'n say's what we're goin' down an' fightin' right now, so's ye'd all best come do what's opp'site wit' us..."

Aranel looked over to the dwarves with a much cheered look in her eyes, if she had understood the dwarf correctly it meant he was not going to fight...
"Sniffing us out is even better...for the latter half. But I think thats about as far as it is long." She shrugged. "Its a smaller risk of them ALL bearing down on us, prepared for them with a shift while we rest, than it is to rush in there now and get hacked up...or worse." She added with a mumble.

"Good to see you don't want to join your makers just yet." she added with a smile to each. "You are both formidable fighters but given the forces we are up against I would rather not see you die, or worse, face you as one of them."

It seemed the majority of the party had made up their minds to at least be somewhere else. (Which delighted her, the smaller details could be worked out when they were a little safer) Aranel looked to Telerin. "And you, Natures Ally, are you going to follow us or make a last stand?" She asked softly.

She wanted to explore a lot more of the monestary, kill or better, if there was some way, turn back any of the wandering ferals that were not in that room. Once they all had a better understanding of the layout they could be on perhaps more equal terms when it came to territory...that and if their scent was everywhere, it would surely make them harder to find?

Last edited:

((OOC: Telerin's still got all his spells to use...and I don't think he's used up a potion either. The point I'm saying about NOT going back isn't as much a time thing...but first, we don't know if the other area is even clear, and second...element of surprise is usually a very very important aspect at lower levels from my experience.))

Telerin looked to Aranel, "I will, of course, not leave you all, even if I disagree. The scent of death is already spreading and we will lose any advantage we may have. We may be putting ourselves into even more danger if we fall back. Once a predator finds his companions were killed in his own den, it is not a good idea to still be in that den if you are the killer."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:Just watching and waiting for a directional choice for all. I'm not forcing you folks to charge in, and I understand either way if you choose to back up or go forward. I will say that (take it as a foreboding feeling in the character's stomachs) you either need to go on and see what this is all about OR retreat fully and leave the adventure/area. The option for retreat and re-spell does not really exist with a bunch of enemies with Scent and tracking on your trail, especially since the DM in now officially taking off the gloves.
:D
AMG is right, he still has his potion as well as his spell allotment. Either way, I love the IC uncertainty, nice RPing from you all.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Still unsure of what to do, the Companions discuss as the drums pound on in the background.

Ishmael stands to the rear of the group, his hand gripping Violet, awaiting some course of action.
Something moved behind Ishmael...a pebble sounded,skipping down the passaeway behind him.

Turning, he is confronted by a trio of humans in white and yellow robes <Rel Know 19>: Monks of Saint Feragon.
A small woman bearing a crossbow speaks, flanked by a huge man carrying an ironshod staff and a wiry man wielding twinned kama.'Who are you who step within the hallowed halls of Saint Feragon, speak quickly,lest this turns ugly.Beastmen we know you not to be, but who then...?'

Remove ads