Adventure: The Power of Knowledge (DM: Fragsie, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=ooc] I think that color is perfect. It doesn't stand out too much, but is distinctive enough to be recognized as none of our characters! [/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]The text colour is perfect for Andrec :)
Ok, so we're going back to the shrine in the evening, before you've had an extended rest, that means you haven't yet received the experience that 2heads kindly adjudicated.[/sblock]

The party of stalwart adventurers down the last dregs of their drinks and wrap their cloaks tightly about them before setting out into the cold autumn evening.
The journey from the Commons to the Overgrowth is a quick one; their are a lot less people on the streets to jostle or harass them, and the bitter edge to the wind encourages a fast pace. While the journey through the Commons is fairly well lit by torches ensconced at shop entrances at this time of the evening (roughly 9:30pm), as the group move into the Overgrowth the lighting becomes more and more infrequent, until the dim light of the half-moon is the only illumination.

When the group reaches the familiar way point of the dilapidated hydra fountain, their onward march is interrupted by the sound of a child weeping down the road.
[sblock=Low-Light Vision]As your eyes try to find the source of the noise, your vision settles on the forms of the two young girls who had watched your group with awe earlier that day. One of them is bent over the still body of the other stretched out on the floor at the entrance to an alley, her shoulders convulse as another heart-wrenching sob is released into the night.[/sblock]
You are perhaps fifteen minutes from the shrine at a fast walk.

Kalidrev

First Post
Mikara's form blends with the night and she creeps towards the weeping girl with expert footing. When she gets close, she tries to determine if this is genuine grief, or a ruse to get us closer to a trap. Looking around the area, she tries to pick up on any signs that would indicate if this were an ambush.

Is this a trap? What's the deal with this girl?

[sblock=Skill Checks]
- Stealth: CRIT!! (Passive Perception or Active Perception check of 35 needed to see Mikara!
- Insight check to determine if the girls grief is real: 17
- Perception check to try and spot any traps or enemies/ambushes: 22 (this should be 21... I forgot to take away the +1 lvl bonus, sorry about that!)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Fragsie

Explorer
Mikara disappears effortlessly into the night, unseen by the young girl, she approaches the pair. From what Mikara can tell the girls sobs are real; she is weeping over her friend who lies seemingly catatonic before her, staring straight into the sky, if it were not for the occasional breath (once a minute or less) you would assume she was dead.

Kalidrev

First Post
Not sensing any real threat, Mikara gently steps from the shadows and slowly walks towards the girl.

"Is your friend all right, dear? What happened to her?"

JRYoung

First Post
As Mikara leaves the shadows Skalisss approaches to within 25 feet of the girls without sneaking, just searching for enemies.

Why sneak, he thinks. He is Skalisss, protector of the innocent, champion of Netari. Let evil beware!

Perception (1d20+3=10)

Last edited:

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=OOC]

Butt-kicking for goodness![/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]

"Yes Boo, I agree. This group could do with a swift kick in the morals."

"Ahh... We are all heroes; you and Boo and I. Hamsters and rangers everywhere, rejoice!"

God I love Minsc... [/sblock]

mohalloran

First Post
Ceryx heads directly towards the girl. "Is something wrong with your friend? Let me take a look at her."

[sblock=Heal]1d20+9->14

I am also trying to see if this girl is suffering from the same sort of state that the minotaurs are suffering from.[/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
Skalisss approaches the scene wearily, but he doesn't notice anything suspicious.

The girl's face contorts with fear as Mikara walks out of the shadows and Skalisss clanks toward her, but as quickly as her fear appeared, it went again, she obviously remembers you from earlier.

"Please, can you 'elp lil? I don't know what's wrong wi' her, she won't wake up. I dunno what 'appened to her 'cos I was at the den, but lil and some others, they din't come back at dark like Mam Faegen says we should. I ran out to find her, an 'ere she is, but I can't get her to wake up!"

The girl takes a deep breath after her long wailing plea, her grubby nose is blocked from all the crying and makes a horrid snorting noise before she returns to her sobs, occasionally shaking her friend, to no avail.

Remove ads