4E [Adventure] The Seeds of Chaos - Judge Needed

Son of Meepo

Villager
Fhangrim feels a hum from his armor seconds before the dire rat descends from the ceiling.
With only a moment to act, he summons some stones from his staff that streak out towards the 3 dire rats.

No Action: Armor of Awakening
Standard Action: Magic Stones (targets the 3 dire rats)
Magic Stones (D1, D2, D3) (1d20+7=12, 1d4+5=9, 1d20+7=25, 1d4+5=6, 1d20+7=23, 1d4+5=6)

OOC: D1 takes 9 damage and is pushed to P9.
D2 takes 6 damage and is pushed to Q3.
D3 takes 6 damage and is pushed but then returns to its current position when it acts

You still show Fhangrim at 39/44 hp, he's at 44 hp and 9/10 surges.
 

Son of Meepo

Villager
Fhangrim takes a moment to heal Torqua before circling around the wide witch. Both Fhangrim and Ursa Major strike the tentacled dire rat.

Minor:
Healing Word
Healing Word (1d6=5)

Move:
UX - E3
UM - I11
F - K12

Standard: Combined Attack
Combined Attack (1d20+9=27, 1d12+5+2+2=13)
Animal Attack (1d20+9=21, 1d12+7+2=16)

OOC: Torqua spends a surge and heals 15 hp.
D3 is hit for 29 damage.


OOC: Was there a milestone at some point? I was wondering if Fhangrim should have earned an AP after the trapped room.


[sblock=Fhangrim's Stats]Fhangrim - Gnoll Sentinel 4
Status: Normal
Passive Perception 23, Passive Insight 16
AC 19, Fort 18, Reflex 15, Will 17 (18 while bloodied)
HP 44/44, Bloodied 22, Surge Value 11, Surges 9/10
Sanity: 23/29
Speed 7, Initiative +4
Action Points: 0, Second Wind []
At-Will Powers: Magic Stones,
Call Spirit Companion
Encounter Powers: Combined Attack [x][],
Ferocious Charge [],
Spirit's Fangs [],
Healing Word [x][],
Healing Spirit [],
Barkskin []
Daily Powers: Summon Pack Wolf [x],
Speak with Spirits [x],
Armor of Awakening [x],
Weapon of Shared Wrath []
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Goldhammer

Villager
Torqua screams in pain as the winged mutant slashes a bloody across her arm, flooding her mind with a maddening poison. The pain begins to fade however as Fhangrim strange healing magic cause's the Wide Witch's wound to patch itself up. "You're dead, you little flying rat!" Torqua growls before throwing an orb of acid at the monster, taking a step back to avoid any sort of counter attack.

Shifting back to G12
Acid Orb against D3 Monster 3+5=8 vs Ref
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3963958/

Acid damage if I hit 9+8=17
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3963963/
 

jbear

Villager
Leather well remembered the power of the goliaths they had already faced. The best way to avoid feeling that power unleashed on his body was to make sure they were dead first. Besides he couldn't really see any of the other beasties the others claimed were somewhere about. Sucking air in through flaring nostrils, Leather spurs himself into action with a bellow like a charging bull.
He slams the goliath back and forges ahead through the shallow water to attack again, striking with devastating accuracy. He also finds time to fling his hand axe back at the bat that had swooped from above, clipping its wing. "Over here rats! Come and get a piece of Leather!" He catches the rebounding hand axe with expert ease, slamming it back away, readying his defense with a toothy grin.

[sblock=Actions]
Charge Goliath with Bull Charge and Inevitable Strike using BattleAxe +1 2 handed
Roll 1: 29 vs AC (Crit!)
Roll 2: 26 vs AC
Both Rolls hit: Inevitable Strike +1d8 dmg (Max for Crit!= +8dmg)
2d10+5+1 +8 +2 crit dmg = 36 dmg! (boom): Push 1 and Leather shifts into vacated square
Secondary Atk: 11 vs FORT = Miss (not knocked Prone)

Action Point: Cleave vs Goliath 1 handed 26 vs AC=Hit for 12 dmg
Draw Hand Axe (Free)
Deft Hurler: Free RBA vs D3 14 vs AC = Hit! 9 dmg; marked TENT
Minor: Sheath Hand Axe

Summary: Leather deals 48 dmg to Goliath, pushes him 1 and shifts into his place; he is marked TENT
He deals 9 dmg to D3; it is also marked TENT
[/sblock]

[sblock= Marcus Leather]
Marcus Leather
Human Fighter (Brawler) 3
Passive Perception/Insight 12
AC:21, Fort:20, Reflex:15, Will:13, Speed:5
HP: 42/43, Bloodied:21, Surge Value:10, Surges left:6/12
Initiative +5
Action Points: 1 (encounter): USED

Powers
MBA: Longsword, +8 vs AC, 1d8+4 damage
MBA: Battle Axe of Surrounding +1, +8 vs AC, 1d10+5 dmg
RBA: Rebounding Handaxe +1, +8 vs AC, 1d6+5
Combat Challenge
Cleave, Grappling Strike, Weaponmaster's Strike

Steel Serpent Strike:
Bull Charge: USED
Inevitable Strike: USED
Rebounding Hand Axe:
Battle Axe of Surrounding:
Second Wind:

Comeback Strike:
Boundless Endurance:
Dwarven Armour:


Combat notes:
Deft Hurler Style: Leather can forgo dealing damage to the adjacent enemy to instead make a basic ranged attack with a heavy thrown weapon against one creature other than the target of your cleave. This ranged basic attack does not provoke opportunity attacks.
Brawler Style: Leather can use Grappling Strike for OAtks
[/sblock]
 
OOC: Sorry for the lack of posts, all. A combination of heavy work load at work, lots and lots of college homework (mostly programming), and to top it all off, a car hitting something in the city and causing the internet in my area to go kaputs for the better part of a week, have all made it impossible to post until now. I'll give you an update as soon as I can. I have updated my notes so I'm up to date as of jbear's post.

Also, If you go to the map HERE, you'll notice I added a new sheet. This sheet has all of stats for the PCs and the badguys. Feel free to use this to see badguy stats. If you are going to edit the Damage Taken field for a given creature, please make sure to edit the formula by adding a "+<number here>" to what is already there. It helps me to see that the total damages have been added correctly. Thanks!
 
Last edited:
The adventurers get the jump on their would be ambushers, leaving a couple of them much worse for the wear. However, their concentrated numbers proves to be an issue for some in the group. One bladeling, covered in eye stalks, stairs at Torqua, UM, and Um with its large central eye. Torqua manages to stare him down without flinching, but Fhangrim's companions are caught entranced in the creature's hipnotic look and shake their heads in an attempt to dislodge themselves from the madness creeping into their minds.

In the tunnel just north of Haaku, Fhangrim's spirit companion, Usra Maximus, is confronted with two altered creatures. One, a Goliath, is spirit-like himself as he fades in and out of existance. The fading brute stabs out at Maximus, but finds only air. He apparently did not anticpate having the tables turned on him! The other creature, a Bladeling covered in jibbery jabbery mouths, making nonsense noises and insults in various languages that confuses the senses, ignores Fhangrim's Spirit companion, running past him and after Haaku. However, Haaku was more than a match for the clumsy Bladeling, who's attacks were so far off of the mark as to seem like he was trying not to hit the desert warrior.

To the east, Leather tried his best to survive the onslaught of three very different creatures. A goliath slapped at Leather with whip-like tentacles that left deep gashes in his arms and face. As an added surprise, Leather noted after feeling their sting, the tentacles were coated in some kind of liquid that caused Leather's mind to race, slow down, and perceive things in opposite colors and oposite directions! It only lasted for a few seconds, but it took a toll on the warriors mind. What really snapped him out of his maddened delirium was the sudden chomping bite of a blubbery, spirit-like dire rat, and the near miss of a rusty blade to his cornea, thrust at him by a bloated Bladeling. Looking down at the bite wound on his leg, Leather noted that it was already starting to puss with infection.

From the east, another malformed Dire Rat charged the Marvelous Maiden Mage, it's multitudinous eye stalks and blubbering mouths a disgusting site. Not quite as disgusting a sight as it was a painful feeling though, she discovers, as multiple mouths latch on to her flesh and start ripping away small chunks of skin from her legs. Kicking it back a few steps, Torqua's mind, too, began to wobble slightly, as the random sounds and insults coming from the dire rat (as well as few strangely paired barnyard animal sounds) caused her senses to lack the sharpness of reality.

At the southern end of the field of battle, Fhangrim fought a flying foe. Frequent flurries from flailing, floundering, and flapping found Fhangrim furiously fragile.

Ilex and Noctua, keen on staying within the office area, managed not to be seen, or at the least not targeted, by the many maddening creatures.


[sblock=Actions]
B1
-- Move: Moves to J10
-- Standard: Uses Maddening Stare (close blast 3) vs Torqua, Ursa Minor, and Ursa Major; hits 11 will vs Torqua (miss), 25 will vs Um (hit), and 19 will vs UM (hit) for 12 damage and ongoing 5 madness points (save ends).

G1
-- Standard: Uses Penetrating Spear vs UX. Hits 10 Reflex (miss).

B2
-- Moves to E5. If this provokes an OpAtk from UX, feel free to take it, [MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION]. Remember that UX takes a -2 penalty to attacks while in B2's aura (which will include the OpAtk).
-- Standard: Charges to E8, attacking Haaku with rusty blade, hitting 7 AC (miss). (IC is obviously not liking me too much today...)

G2
-- Standard: Tentacle attacks vs Leather: Melee 1 (two attacks), hits reflex 21 for 6 damage and reflex 19 for 7 damage. When both hit, this activated G2's Maddening Spear quality, which allows him to expend an encounter power to give the target of his tentacle attack 2d6 MP. G2 expends Brutal Spear, giving Leather 11 madness points.
-- Move: Shifts to M7

B3
-- Move: Moves to L7
-- Standard: Rusty Blade vs Leather; Hits AC 8 (miss).

D2
Start of Turn: Regen 2 heals D2 for 2 hp.
-- Standard: Charges Leather, attacking with bite, hitting AC 24 for 10 damage. At the end of the encounter, Leather must make a saving throw vs Dire Rat Filth Fever.

D1
-- Move: Move to J9.
-- Standard: Charges to H10, attacking Torqua with bite, hitting AC 16 for 9 damage.

D3
-- Standard: Tentacle attack vs Fhangrim: melee 1 (two attacks); hits reflex 24 for 8 damage and hits reflex 14 (miss).


[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
[sblock=Badguys]
NOTE: see sheet 3 in map doc for creature Hit Points and defenses

B1 - Status: Normal; Resources: Maddening Stare (used; rech. 5); NOTE: This creature does not give combat advantage when flanked.
B2 - Status: Normal; Resources: Words of Insanity (unused); NOTE: Has aura 1: -2 atk while in the aura; gain 1 MP if you miss an attack while in this aura.
B3 - Status: Normal; Resources: Split Personality (unused); NOTE: Has Regen 2

G1 - Status: Normal; Resources: Penetrating Spear (used), Brutal Spear (unused); NOTE: This creature is insubstantial vs non-psychic attacks
G2 - Status: Bloodied; Resources: Penetrating Spear (unused), Brutal Spear (used); NOTE: Has Tentacle Attack MBA (one creature; two attacks; +6 vs reflex, 1d6+5 dmg; if both hit, creature can expend an encounter power to give target of tentacle attack 2d6 MP)

D1 - Status: Normal; Resources: None; NOTE: This creature does not give combat advantage when flanked. Has aura 1: -2 atk while in the aura; gain 1 MP if you miss an attack while in this aura.
D2 - Status: Normal; Resources: None; NOTE: Has Regen 2
D3 - Status: Bloodied; Resources: None; NOTE: Has Tentacle Attack MBA (one creature; two attacks; +6 vs reflex, 1d6+5 damage; if both hit, target gains 5 MP), Has fly speed 4 (hover)
[/sblock]
[sblock=PCs]
NOTE: see sheet 3 in map doc for PC hit points, madness points, and surge use. For ease of use, I will indicate here if a character needs healing when they are at or below 1/4 hp.

Leather - Status: Bloodied; End of Encounter: Save vs Dire Rat Filth Fever

Haaku - Status: -1 surge from Dire Rat Filth Fever

Torqua - Status: Normal

Ilex - Status: Normal
-- Noctua - Status: Normal

Fhangrim - Status: Normal
-- U. Major - Status: Ongoing 5 MP (save ends)
-- U. Minor - Status: Ongoing 5 MP (save ends)

[/sblock]
[/sblock]
 

Son of Meepo

Villager
The gnoll brushed off the attack on him for now, choosing instead to fortify Leather in both health and armor. He then turned to one of the altered dire rats and crushed its skull with his staff while Ursa Major wounded the one that attacked its child.

Opportunity Action: Spirit's Fangs (1d20+7-2=11, 1d10+5=6)
Minor: Healing Word (1d6=1)
Standard: Combined Attack (1d20+9=21, 1d12+5+2+2=21)
Animal Attack (1d20+9-2=26, 1d12+7+2=17)
Minor: Barkskin (Leather)
End of Turn: Saving Throw (1d20=15)
Saving Throw (1d20=6)

OOC: Leather spends a healing surge and regains 11 hit points
Fhangrim hits D3 for 21 damage, killing it.
Ursa Major hits D1 for 17 damage.
Leather gains a +3 power bonus to AC until the end of Fhangrim's next turn.


[sblock=Fhangrim's Stats]Fhangrim - Gnoll Sentinel 4
Status: Normal
Passive Perception 23, Passive Insight 16
AC 19, Fort 18, Reflex 15, Will 17 (18 while bloodied)
HP 36/44, Bloodied 22, Surge Value 11, Surges 9/10
Sanity: 23/29
Speed 7, Initiative +4
Action Points: 0, Second Wind []
At-Will Powers: Magic Stones,
Call Spirit Companion
Encounter Powers: Combined Attack [x][x],
Ferocious Charge [],
Spirit's Fangs [x],
Healing Word [x][x],
Healing Spirit [],
Barkskin [x]
Daily Powers: Summon Pack Wolf [x],
Speak with Spirits [x],
Armor of Awakening [x],
Weapon of Shared Wrath []
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ursa Major's Stats]Ursa Major - Gaoler Pygmy Owlbear
Status: Normal
Passive Perception 25, Passive Insight 15
AC 17, Fort 19, Reflex 15, Will 19
HP 10/22, Bloodied 11, Surge Value 5
Speed 6[/sblock]

[sblock=Ursa Minor's Stats]Ursa Minor - Young Gaoler Pygmy Owlbear
Status: Ongoing 5 Madness
Passive Perception 23, Passive Insight 12
AC 17, Fort 19, Reflex 15, Will 19
HP 10/22, Bloodied 11, Surge Value 5
Speed 6[/sblock]

[sblock=Ursa Maximus' Stats]Ursa Maximus - Spirit of Gaoler Pygmy Owlbear
AC 19, Fort 18, Reflex 15, Will 17
HP 12 (damage below this amount is ignored)
Immune Area and close attacks; all conditions[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

jbear

Villager
[sblock=OOC] Did G2 shift away from Leather? I had already moved him after I pushed him. If he shifted, I'm going to pound his ass [/sblock]
 
OOC:
CrimsonFlameWielder said:
G2
-- Standard: Tentacle attacks vs Leather: Melee 1 (two attacks), hits reflex 21 for 6 damage and reflex 19 for 7 damage. When both hit, this activated G2's Maddening Spear quality, which allows him to expend an encounter power to give the target of his tentacle attack 2d6 MP. G2 expends Brutal Spear, giving Leather 11 madness points.
-- Move: Shifts to M7
YEP! He did shift away from Leather! Pound away!
 

jbear

Villager
[sblock=Comabt CHallenge]
15 vs AC of G2 = Hit for 6 dmg
[/sblock]
The moment the goliath moves back to strike Leather the warrior responds with a viscious axe strike, but the creature's flaining tentacles get in the way and the blow is knocked away from landing upon any vitals.

As the other creatures swarm around him he steels his resolve and aims a two handed over head strike at the blubbery abomination before him. The axe lands true and bounces up into the goliath standing behind it's groin. The goliath topples to the groan with a groan and lies quite still.

[sblock=Actions]
Cleave vs B3 22 vs AC=Hit for 8 dmg and 4 cleave dmg to G2 killing it.
Minor action: Boundless Endurance stance
Move: None taken; flank me at your own risk!! :D
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Goldhammer

Villager
Fighting through the pain, Torqua gives the mutant monster an insult of her own. She bellows a titanic firestorm belch, engulfing two of the horrible creatures in flames.

Wiping her lips, she takes a step back away from the burning rat to avoid any sort of counter attack. Her huge body seemingly still smoking from the fire that way just in her belly.

OOC:
Attacking D1 and B1 with Burning Spray
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3989326/

D1: 1d20+5 → [2,5] = (7) vs Ref

B1: 1d20+5 → [4,5] = (9) vs Ref



Fire damage
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3989333/

D1: 1d8+8 → [3,8] = (11)

B1: 1d8+8 → [5,8] = (13)



The next enemy that hits me with a melee attack before the end of me next turn takes 4 fire damage

Shifting back to F12

 

Wife Of Meepo

Villager
Ilex moves to Torqua's right and has Noctua stand in front of Fangrim. She'd like to get more of her allies in the burst but Haaku and Leather prefer to keep the enemies away from the spell throwers. Hoping that the chaos of this place hasn't limited her ability to tap into the powers nature supplies, Ilex calls forth a Glorious Presence. Around Ilex a warm yellow glow much like that of the sun builds then burst out around her. The warm glow washes over her allies and fortifies them while searing into the ?flesh? of the abominations. One shrugs off the effects of the radiant light while the other is visible burned.

Move: Ilex H12, Noctua J11
Standard: Glorious Presence
Glorious Presence (Damage, D1, B1) (2d6+5+2=17, 1d20+8=14, 1d20+8=11)


OOC: Hit D1 for 17 radiant damage and push to F8.
Torqua, Ursa Major, Ursa Minor, Fhangrim, Ilex, and Noctua gain 4 temp hp.



[sblock=Ilex's Stats]Ilex Cassine - Hammadryad Witch 4Status: NormalPassive Perception 16, Passive Insight 21AC 17, Fort 15, Reflex 17, Will 19HP 36/36 Bloodied 18, Surge Value 9, Surges 8/8Speed 6, Initiative +2Action Points: 1, []Second WindAt-Will Powers: Stone Blood, Hypnotism, Light, Mage HandEncounter Powers: []Chameleon's Mask, []Hamadryad Aspects, [x]Glorious Presence, []Herbal Healing,[]Color Spray,[]Spidersilk MantleDaily Powers: []Augury, []Healing Word, []Arcane Whirlwind,[]Feyswarm Staff,[]Flute of the Dancing Satyr,[]Armor of Sudden Recovery[/sblock]
[sblock=Luna's Stats]Luna - Moon Wisp FamiliarAC 19, Fort 17, Reflex 19, Will 21HP 1/1Status: Passive [x], Active []Constant Benefits: Ilex gains +2 to Arcana and NatureAt-Will Powers: Moon Wisp RadianceMilestone Power: []Moon Bite[/sblock]
[sblock=Noctua's Stats]Noctua Ursus - Young Owlbear CompanionStatus: NormalFerocious Companion: Aura 1 - Allies gain a +2 power bonus to damage rolls against enemies in the aura.Passive Perception 18, Passive Insight 21AC 17, Fort 19, Reflex 15, Will 19HP 18/18 Bloodied 9, Surge Value 4Speed 6[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

WEContact

Villager
OOC: Haaku is back! I made a mistake with the damage roll on Off-Hand Strike- should have been +10, not +8.


Haaku, still reeling with fever, is slower to react to the fight breaking out around him. He snaps to attention, however, as he parries a clumsy blow from a mutated bladeling, and then instinct takes over. The mad babble assaulting his ears has no effect- it may be hard to think, but Haaku is beyond thought. Two tremendous blows abruptly end the giant rat's life, and the next four leave his bladeling opponent savaged and bloody.

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Jaws of the Wolf HIT D1 AC 16, AC 22 for 34 damage
Spend AP: Rain of Blows HIT B2 AC 17, 13, MISS B2 AC 9, for 25 damage
Minor: Hunter's Quarry ->B2
Move: Off-Hand Strike HIT B2 AC 14 for 20 damage
Result: D1 takes 34 damage and dies, B2 takes 45 damage and is bloodied[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]Haaku - Male Human Ranger|Fighter 3
MP: 6/22 Status:
Initiative: +4, Passive perception: 20, Passive Insight: 13
AC:19 Fort:17 Ref:17 Will:14
HP: 31/35 Bloodied: 17 Surge value: 8 Surges/day: 6
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 0, Second Wind: used, Temporary HP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +10 vs AC, 1d8+10 (off-hand)
Equipment: Short Sword, Chatkcha, Javelins(2), Potions of Healing (2), Adventurer's Kit

Powers:Twin Strike, Footwork Lure, Hunter's Quarry, Heroic Effort, Sohei Flurry, Off-hand Strike, Rain of Blows, Invigorating Stride, Jaws of the Wolf[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

jbear

Villager
OOC: Leather is not going to move after all. He'll allow himself to be flanked, though you'll have to trigger his Cobat Challenge to get it! Rwar!
 

Advertisement

Top