[Adventure] Trouble in Moonwatch (Judge: THB) - Part II

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]
I will be on vacation for the next 5 days. I may or may not have internet access. If I do not respond in a reasonable timeframe, go ahead and NPC Sheeva renau1g. I'll start posting again Thursday evening.
[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Sheeva sets down to do business.

[sblock=Actions]
Posting Sheeva's action ahead of time since I will probably be out of pocket.

Standard: Lightning Strike on Crocodile

24 vs. Reflex Crocodile, 18 damage, 4 damage on Snake

Slide Crocodile to D6/F8 if it stays put. If it moves, she'll slide it one square toward the Snake from wherever it is (assuming that is possible).

If the Crocodile is already dead, then Sheeva will use this on the Snake.
[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Can a free action be used in the middle of another action? For instance, can Kortauhk use a move action to get from point A to point C, and use a free action at point B without having to STOP at B? [/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
The rules state that "Free actions take almost no time or effort. You can take as many free actions as you want during your or another combatant’s turn." So I suppose it seems like you can do a free action during a move.

Also:

Dragon 379 Page 7

✦ It’s a free action. One thing this means is that you can use Nature’s Wrath at any point in your turn, including midway through another action such as a move or a charge. Another is that you can take a full turn’s worth of standard, move, and minor actions without giving up your ability to mark.[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Thanks for the clarification R1. Well, I WAS going to sweep around the snake and then go after the croc... marking the snake and using Tempest assault to attack both... but then I remembered about the difficult terrain water, lol. So I'll just have to go after the Croc and be happy...[/sblock]

Kortauhk sloshes through the mire and grasps his sword with the pommel facing the sky. Stabbing downward, Kortauhk tries to pierce the Croc's thick, scaly hide. Unfortunately the grip was not strong enough, and the blade slides across the muck-slick reptile's back, leaving him open for attack.

[sblock=Actions]

- Move: Move to F-6
- Standard: Earth Shield Strike vs Croc; Misses.
- Free: Mark Croc

[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
"Pok is down." Sheeva shouts as she blasts the enemies with holy fire. The mound lights up like a dry tree and burns down the ground. The fires just sizzle harmless on the crocodile.

River calls Arawai to his help. Her holy energy flow from River and englobe the three enemies. The Mounds seems unaffected by it, but the Snake and Crocodile both starts to be distract by it. Valahad also feels the energy flowing through him but it help him to focus.

River then move further to Faell in hope to heal him soon.

As the electricity courses through his body, the kalashtar has only one option, and uses it to step closer to the croc.

Small fingers twitch, shoulder jerk, one toe curls. The burning poison continues to work it's insidious way throughout Pok's body.

Pink flesh still let's steam off from the snakes viscous attack. Luckily even unconscious House Sivis Courier training continues to work, forcing muscle memory motions from the small gnome body.

Without conscious thought, Pok rolled onto his side, ragged breathing barely escaping as he continually coughed green ooze up. So violently did the small body heave, that it began spewing large gobs of the poison, expelling the green mess onto the marsh floor where Pok was laying.

Now on his side, laying in a puddle of the snake-like sorcerer's evil, and breathing more steadily, Pok began to regain consciousness slowly. His body oriented itself against the magical lies of the sorcerer.

All that was left was actually getting up, which, try as he might, seemed to be just outside of the gnomes grasp...

Feall concentrates a moment, and a cloud of inky blackness springs into being around him. He hunkers down right where he is, pulls his cloak tight around his body and focuses on slowing his breathing and drawing on the garments magical properties.

Almost as an afterthought, he draws on his connection to the Shadow Realm and slaps a shroud on the croc.

[sblock=ooc] Thanks for the clarification R1. Well, I WAS going to sweep around the snake and then go after the croc... marking the snake and using Tempest assault to attack both... but then I remembered about the difficult terrain water, lol. So I'll just have to go after the Croc and be happy...[/sblock]

Kortauhk sloshes through the mire and grasps his sword with the pommel facing the sky. Stabbing downward, Kortauhk tries to pierce the Croc's thick, scaly hide. Unfortunately the grip was not strong enough, and the blade slides across the muck-slick reptile's back, leaving him open for attack.

The snake is unable to move so she hurls another ball of electricity at the group of conveniently bunched up heroes. The ball explodes and pain lances through your muscles. "Now, get the shifter, he is their key!" she hisses to the crocodile.

[sblock=ooc]
Snake uses Thunderstrike - vs fort (river, val, korthauk); thunder (1d20+9=24, 1d20+9=23, 1d20+9=22, 2d10+3=14) hits all of you for 9 thunder and dazed (save ends)
save (1d20+2=19)
[/sblock]

The beast tries to comply, but Korthauk's distraction and the shifting vines work to block the massive bite, but the creature leaves itself open to Feall.

[sblock=ooc]
Miss vs ac (river -3 mark - 2 cover); dmg (1d20+8=14, 2d8+5=13). Shifts to current spot[/sblock]

[sblock=Nature DC 15]
Shambling mounds roam swamps and marshes. The common variety envelops its prey and crushes it with its rootlike tendrils. Shamblind Mounds recover their vitality quickly.

The insects are known as Swamp Striders and they carry a deadly poison when they bite. They are considered a delicacy for some nobles when properly roasted.
[sblock=Nature DC 20]
Shambling mounds are healed by lightning. They can envelop lesser sized creatures and drain their strength. [/sblock] [/sblock]

[sblock=Arcana DC 20]
The crocodile is known as a Feymire crocodile. A feymire crocodile hails from the untamed marshlands of the Feywild, although they inhabit worldly swamps as well. The crocodile constantly extends roots and tendrils into its surrounding environment to draw nourishment from it. The creature also has regenerative abilities, although the application of fire will stop it for a few seconds, similar to a troll [/sblock]

[sblock=Unlocked stats]
Crocodile - AC is 24, Will is 20, Fort is higher than 21
Mound - AC is lower than 28, Will is lower than 19
Snake - Fort is lower than 27, Ref higher than 17,
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Red Square around crocodile is difficult terrain, even out of the water.

Water squares are difficult terrain, the tree will provide cover, can be climbed with DC 15 athletics. Rocks provide some cover also.

Bugs - bloodied,
Mound - targeted for death, bloodied, 2 shrouds
Croc - bloodied, used 1 AP, -2 def and if they are hit by any ally, they fall prone (TENT River only benefits Sheeva and River now))
Snake - used 1 AP, , -2 def and if they are hit by any ally, they fall prone (TENT River, only benefits Sheeva and River now)

Initiatives:
Valahad - 22 - resist 5 damage (River), 34/63, dazed (save ends)
Pok - 21 - -9/36 - dying, unconscious, prone
Feall - 20 - resist 5 damage (River), in cloud of darkness, 32/37
Korthauk - 13 - 40/65 - , resist 5 damage (River), +2 AC/Fort, dazed (save ends)
Bad guys - 10
Sheeva - 10 - 22/43+5thp - <- you're up
River - 7 - resist 5 damage (River) 14/49, bloodied, dazed (save ends)

bad guys, feall, River, Val, Korthauk, Sheeva, Pok (1d27=10, 1d20 7=20, 1d20 2=7, 1d20 3=22, 1d20 3=13, 1d20 6=10, 1d20 5=21) [/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
River continue to pray. "Arawai heals Pok's wounds, we need his help." Feeling confused, River is unable to do anything else and feels the warding power of Arawai going away.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Minor: Healing Word on Pok (3d6+10=19) Pok is at 28 hp now.

Save (1d20=8) Failed.
Moment of Glory ends.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=OOC]I should be at 14 hp. As I told, Pacifist Reward gave me 2 THP last turn because I hit someone and dealt no damage.

Pacifist Reward said:
Heroic Tier
Prerequisite: Cleric
Benefit: When you hit with an attack that doesn’t deal damage, if you didn’t deal any damage on your turn, gain 2 temporary hit points at the end of the turn.
The temporary hit points increase to 3 at 11th level, and to 4 at 21st level.

I need to remember that more often. This turn, I don't get any as I didn't hit anyone.[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads