[Adventure] Trouble in Moonwatch (Judge: THB) - Part II

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"Pok, do you want Kortauhk to carry you on his jump?"

Regardless of how Pok replies, Sheeva will wait for Kortauhk to either pick up Pok or not and then say:

"Go ahead Kortauhk, jump across. We'll throw a rope over once you get there."

Sheeva pulls the rope out of her backpack.

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
In response to Sheeva's question, Pok slides out from behind Valahad, Kortauhk, I'll let you ferry me across. the constant nastiness creeping in his shoes was old before it began for Pok. The entire trek up til now, he'd been prestidigitating to clean himself. After seeing the dry ground give way, Pok new he may have to cast his cleanliness ritual. That was until Kortauhk offered to pony him across. I'd like to stay somewhat clean... mutters the shy d'Sivis.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Valahad nods, knowing his weight along with that of his gear will be too much for even the sturdy goliath. "I'll go after half of the rest are across. If there is something in the water, we'll be able to strike at it from both sides."

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
So, plan is for Korthauk to juimp across with Pok, then tie a rope around something on the main island? If that's the case, well Make is So and roll them bones Kal [/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
Kortauhk nods at Pok and then gently lifts the small mage onto his shoulders after placing his shield on his back. Before he makes the running start to give momentum to his leap, he banishes his armor to its extradimensional holding realm, to free up any resistance in movement.

"Okays Small Man. Holds on good, Kortauhk jump now!"

From his current possition, Kortauhk rushes headlong towards the waters edge. A single toe splashes that waters edge as he makes a magnificent leap over the marshy muck. Landing on the main island, he turns back to the others and lets Pok slide down his back and then waits for the previously mentioned thrown rope.

[sblock=Athletics check]
29 Athletics Check, divided by 5 for the running start gives Kortauhk a leap distance of 5.8 squares, or (lol) 29 feet. If that isn't enough to get to the main island, let me know and I'll edit my description above, otherwise, let's keep on a'truckin'! [/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]Sorry, all. Busy weekend![/sblock]

Feall slogs along quietly in his place, lost in thought - reflecting on the events of the past few days and the strange situation in which he now finds himself.

[sblock=Rolls]Rolled an 8 for Perception - noticing things isn't Feall's strong suit either . . .[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
River wait on the side trying to think of a better way to cross all those water. Using rope, the time to tie and untie them will take almost as much time as to cross by being carried by Kortauhk. If they want to travel faster, they will need something else.

"There is more water than lands in these parts of the swamp. Using a raft, might be faster, and where there is more lands, we could probably carry it. How does this idea sounds?"

EvolutionKB

First Post
Valahad crosses the water next. "Good idea River, though I doubt we could find the right materials. Any wood is likely already waterlogged and will sink." Just to be sure the paladin looks around for suitable materials.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"It'll take hours to find the wood for a raft and then build it. If the water is deep, we may have to reconsider the rope idea."

Sheeva puts items that she does not want to get wet in her backpack and then hands it to Val. She then throws an end of the rope to Kortauhk.

"Hang on to the rope tight Kortauhk. Val, could you hang unto this end? Keep the rope above my head guys. You can throw my backpack over once I get across. I'm terrible at jumping, so I might as well get used to the fact that I'll be wading through this mess for hours."

She then starts wading across at the narrowest point. She will use the taunt rope for balance and take her time, carefully placing a foot into the spot in front of her and making sure that it is solid and not too deep before taking her next step. She will also make sure that she hangs on to the rope with both hands and does not let go of the rope.

If the water start rising above her waist and she isn't at the halfway point, she'll stop.

If she gets across safely, she says:

"Pok, could you use that Prestidigitation spell of yours to clean and warm my clothes?"

Velmont

First Post
"We have between seven to ten days to cross the Vile Marsh. Taking a few hour to make a raft is not much the problem, and we will be able to travel a lot faster than by crossing a rope one at a time every fifty feet we do." River than looks around. "But having the proper material might be the problem."

Remove ads