• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventurer, Conqueror, King (ACKS): Roll20; UK time zone

Stainless

First Post
A campaign using the Adventurer, Conqueror, King system (ACKS). The characters will be based in the city of Parsantium (by Richard Green) with the aim of sandboxing, but typical objectives focused on dungeon crawls (Lost Caverns of Thracia, Dark Tower, Barrowmaze, etc.). More along the lines of "murder hobos" than "save the world".

Weekly on Thursday evenings, 8 pm - 10 pm (GMT) - I'm in the UK.

I'll be delving deeper into Roll20 as the campaign progresses, but not initially intending to use maps and tokens other than hand drawn figures via the sketching facility. That is, theater of the mind approach.
GMing style is a mix of old school (mostly you get what you roll) with storytelling forgiveness (story is most important, not simply procedurally stepping through a dungeon). I tend to voice in character and include as much description and NPC interaction as possible. Combat as war not sport.

So far there are two, possibly three, players interested. So looking for one or two more players.

What you'll need;

• A Roll20 account.
  • A Google+ account (Roll20 seems to work better via Google+ compared to its in-house video conferencing software.)
  • Chrome web browser (Reportedly, Google+ works better/more stably within Chrome compared to other browsers. That's not to say it doesn't work in other browsers, so feel free to use your favourite.)
  • A fast, reliable Internet connection (e.g., I'm at 60 Mb download, 3 Mb upload, and pings down to 5 ms).
  • A microphone and headphones (Google+ doesn't seem to have a good method to stop feedback like Skype has. Headphones, rather than external speakers, are a necessity otherwise the other players get feedback/delay/etc.)

A camera is not necessary. Although a video feed is possible, it often takes up too much bandwidth and so causes delays/audio corruption. Because of the group conferencing aspect, it only takes one person with a slow Internet connection to affect everyone else. Thus, audio only is preferable for the sake of stability.

A copy of Adventurer, Conqueror, King is not necessary, although you might find it useful.

Remove ads