ZEITGEIST Adventures in ZEITGEIST: Preview Thread

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 9.27.42 AM.png

Here's the mechanics for fusils.

love the look at firearms. Is the arcane fuselage suposed to obly be 1 point of damage, that just looks like a mistake when compaired to everyrhing else.
i'm assuming the reason it only does 1 damage is because it does damage over time (via the burn property), but yeah even then only 1 damage is kind of weird
Trigger Charge. An arcane fusil requires no ammunition, but you cannot simply shoot it by pulling the trigger. The planarite takes a moment to gather the necessary energy. To charge the fusil, you spend a bonus action and pull back a firing hammer. At the start of your next turn, the fusil is charged, and can be used for a single attack.

The shot of an arcane fusil is either a pellet of flame that engulfs a target hit, or a shaft of crackling lightning.

Once fired, you cannot charge a fusil again on the same turn. It can only be fired every other turn.

If you charge a fusil but do not fire it on your next turn, the weapon suffers a misfire. Similar to a muzzle-loading weapon, you can clear the barrel by spending an action, but until you do the weapon has disadvantage on attacks. If you suffer a second misfire without clearing the barrel, the fusil explodes and deals its base damage die to you.

Burn. The fire fusil only deals a base of 1 fire damage, but the target also catches on fire. It takes 1d10 fire damage at the start of each of its turns, and can end this damage by using its action to extinguish the flames.

Shock. When you attack a creature wearing metal armor with a lightning fusil, you have advantage on the attack roll.

WanderingMystic

Adventurer
Here's the mechanics for fusils.

Trigger Charge. An arcane fusil requires no ammunition, but you cannot simply shoot it by pulling the trigger. The planarite takes a moment to gather the necessary energy. To charge the fusil, you spend a bonus action and pull back a firing hammer. At the start of your next turn, the fusil is charged, and can be used for a single attack.

The shot of an arcane fusil is either a pellet of flame that engulfs a target hit, or a shaft of crackling lightning.

Once fired, you cannot charge a fusil again on the same turn. It can only be fired every other turn.

If you charge a fusil but do not fire it on your next turn, the weapon suffers a misfire. Similar to a muzzle-loading weapon, you can clear the barrel by spending an action, but until you do the weapon has disadvantage on attacks. If you suffer a second misfire without clearing the barrel, the fusil explodes and deals its base damage die to you.

Burn. The fire fusil only deals a base of 1 fire damage, but the target also catches on fire. It takes 1d10 fire damage at the start of each of its turns, and can end this damage by using its action to extinguish the flames.

Shock. When you attack a creature wearing metal armor with a lightning fusil, you have advantage on the attack roll.
I absolutly love that. It is simple and elegant, it looks like it will be easy to create other versions if we wanted a cold, acidic or thunder versions. Since they are one handed I can have one I each hand (once you can afford that much) and switch which one you use every other round

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
I absolutly love that. It is simple and elegant, it looks like it will be easy to create other versions if we wanted a cold, acidic or thunder versions. Since they are one handed I can have one I each hand (once you can afford that much) and switch which one you use every other round
I'm not sure dual wield would work unless you can get extra bonus actions. Plus it would need dual wield tag to dual wield it not just one handed.
@Morrus @RangerWickett it looks like the dual wield tag should be on the advanced one handed weapons or the feat should say it makes them dual wield for you.

I'm on my phone right now but The feat back in post 13 looks like it would cover the reload but not the lack of dual wield

WanderingMystic

Adventurer
I'm not sure dual wield would work unless you can get extra bonus actions. Plus it would need dual wield tag to dual wield it not just one handed.
@Morrus @RangerWickett it looks like the dual wield tag should be on the advanced one handed weapons or the feat should say it makes them dual wield for you.

I'm on my phone right now but The feat back in post 13 looks like it would cover the reload but not the lack of dual wield
When I said dual weild I was just meaning holding one in each hand. You use your binus action ti charge one then fire it and on the next turn you can use your bobus action to charge the second one and then fire it so that you can fire every round since each one can only fire once evwry other round.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Any chance for more previews, or a release date? I've got a goblin and a kobold PC that need their heritage gifts. So excited for this!

Remove ads