• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Adventures with most engaging interpersonal NPC tangles....

Casimir Liber

Adventurer
So I really enjoy adventures where the author has nailed the interpersonal intrigue and made it interesting and accessible to players. As an example, I mean like Wild Beyond the Witchlight, where the players walk into and are interested in the intrigue pretty much from the get-go. Similarly the old AD&D module Troubles at Embertrees was great too. I am interested in either 5E adventures people have found or OSR ones - I love converting the latter as they are often fresh and quirky compared with WOTC products. I mean I like STK but it is pretty much a hack and slash with the interpersonal intrigue tacked on, artificial and frankly boring. Similarly T1-4: Temple of Elemental Evil is another example of a fail where there are warring Earth/Air/Fire/Water cults but intrigue is missing as they all end up as cannon fodder for the PCs anyway, Princes of the Apocalypse is not too different from what I can tell.

Anyway, all input gratefully received.....

Remove ads