Adventuring Dilemmas!!! What would you do? #1

Wild Gazebo

Explorer
Alright! We need a little bit of excitement, creativity, and even humor on this forum!

Over the next couple of weeks/months (should there remain a modicum of interest) I will be introducing scenes that could be pulled from any adventure: be it fantasy, modern, future, horror, ect… and I would like to solicit your character’s reaction.

Now lets not get caught up on particulars--for I won’t being answering many specific questions--the idea here is to get creative.

Please assume you are using your current character (or favorite) and with your current group (or favorite)--whether the genre makes sense or not.

What would you do? #1 The Bone Throne

We’ve ALL seen this one!

You have all crossed the threshold into the next room of this vast underground ruin. After dispatching the various ungodly constructs of undeath beforehand, you can feel the leadenness of fatigue setting in.

You have entered a long forgotten throne room. The lengthy room glows with an eerie light that seems to have no source. Strangely, you feel that the actual stones composing this chamber cry for the wet release of blood upon their naked surface. The room is empty, save for six tall pillars and a raised throne at the end of the hall. The throne is completely constructed of bone.

What do you do?

Last edited:

Wycen

Explorer
I suggest to the party we withdraw and rest in a safer room before tackling this place.

Monte agrees with me.

Jon wants to detect for magic before leaving.

Peter wants to find the source of the light and investigate the throne.

Helen wants to know what kind of bone the throne is made of.

Which means the party stays around until the deadly trap is triggered and we exhaust our final abilities trying to save Peter and Helen. And then go through the whole process again the next game session.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
I would probably poke around see if there is anything good to take, and if anything goes down that is over our heads. Well, I shove the Paladin toward it and bolt it back outside and away on the Paladin's mount :p

Oh, the fun of being a Neutral Evil Tiefling Swashbucker/Rogue (haven't had a chance to be a actual player in a campaign since 3.5).

Switchblade

First Post
Shadowrun: Assume there is an invisible voodoo shaman in there and order my drones to strafe the room with grenades, forget to tell the drone to stop as I get distracted by a strange sensor glitch 17km away that has no possible bearing on the immediate encounter. Wonder why my ammo costs always seem so high and the team are always reluctant to let me give close fire support.

Ars Magica: Let our necromancer work out what the form and effect bonus for a throne of bone is and how he is going to get it out of here, let him get excited. Then at his moment of triumph declaire the whole area infernally tainted and destroy the throne. Laugh. Then realise the whole area IS infernally tainted and all our loot needs to be destroyed. Cry.

DnD: Start composing an epic song of our quest into the evil necromancers lair while the rest of the party get on with all the hard work of actually defeating the evil.

ConX: Go into the room, die screaming. Make up new character.

Last edited:

Phaezen

First Post
Doran Rocksplitter (Dwarf Paladin/Earthheart Defender/Mythic Sovreign
) utters an oath to the Forge Father and strides into the room, scanning for any threats. With a meaningful glare he tells the halfing rogue to stay back, and glances over at the cleric and wizard asking if they have any knowledge of this place . . .

Phaezen

Byronic

First Post
Ars Magica: Let our necromancer work out what the form and effect bonus for a throne of bone is and how he is going to get it out of here, let him get excited. Then at his moment of triumph declaire the whole area infernally tainted and destroy the throne. Laugh. Then realise the whole area IS infernally tainted and all our loot needs to be destroyed. Cry.

Gentleman, my nomination fr the thread :p

Sigfried the Stupendous (4E Wizard):

1) See if I have any knowledge about this place or the throne.

2) Try to convince those of lesser intelligence to search the throne for loot.

3) Stay back and watch what happens carefully.

4) Start thinking about people I met last time I was in town and mull over thier worthiness to become replacement fodder.............er companions.

Remove ads