Adverts blocking smilies

Runestar

First Post
I am not sure if it is just me, but when I attempt to reply to a post, I notice that the advertisement for community supporter subscriptions lays right over my smilie list, leaving me unable to click on any of them. I can still access them by pressing ctrl - (thus decreasing the size of the text, which resizes everything) but the words then become quite small and I don't like to strain my eyes.

Granted, it is not really that big of an inconvenience since I don't use smilies all that much anyways, but just curious if this has been bugging anyone else, or if it is simply a quirk with my browser settings?

fba827

Adventurer
I'm also using 1024x768 (on firefox if that matters).

While the smiley faces run awfully close to the subscription info, it does not overlap and I can still click them.

This started (for me) the same time when the page width default changed. (i.e. the left hand bar is now gone on all pages except the main page - for a while it all used to be the same width as the main page currently is).

edit: i hadn't gone to the front page for a couple days while adjustments were still in the middle of being done - the front page is in fact now the same size as the other pages. just wanted to clarify in case that comment caused confusion.

Last edited:

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
This issue occurs because a whole lot of additional icons have been added to the editing toolbar, pushing the width of that window open. Unless Morrus is able to put the additional (yellow and grey) icons on a new line, the problem isn't likely to go away.

Regards,

Thanee

First Post
Yep, the second icons bar should probably be split in half and the second half be put into a third row.

For the record, if I disable my scripts that remove the sidebar there is also some overlap (browser window is roughly 1300px wide; I never use full-screen mode). While I could still click on the smilies that way it looks really crappy with the editor extending out of its box (similar to the screenshot above). ;)

Bye
Thanee

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
I have the same problem... but, I recently noticed there's a little white smiley next to text-color pull-down menu above the post area. That's a pull-down menu for all the smilies. (Is that new, or has that always been there?)

So the smileys to the right are kind of redundant. Those other options (eg, those tag wrappers) are still covered, though.

Remove ads