D&D General Advise for A Mates Harry Potter/Dnd Hybrid RPG in which Albus and Scorpius persuaded Delphini not to change history so that Voldemort wins

The 3 new players don't mind the course the existing party has taken, their simply having their characters/Rose Granger, Edward Lupin and Varni Greyback, do what they think they'd do in this situation
Then the solution is simple. Tell the players to choose new characters that are OK with the proposed course of action.

This should be particularly easy as the characters are brand new and aren’t as integrated into the story.

Last edited:

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
I couldnt even finish reading Cursed Child it was so bad.

Author idea: "What if I turn Harry into an awful father and all around arsehole?" "I am very smart and good at writing."

pukunui

Legend
The 3 new players don't mind the course the existing party has taken, their simply having their characters/Rose Granger, Edward Lupin and Varni Greyback, do what they think they'd do in this situation
“I’m just doing what my character would do” is code for “I’m not a team player”.

I nip it in the bud by making sure the players all make characters who want to go on the adventure instead of doing their own thing. I’ve had too many bad experiences with uncooperative / contrary players in the past. In fact, I’ve been that player in the past, and I regret it deeply.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
“I’m just doing what my character would do” is code for “I’m not a team player”.

I nip it in the bud by making sure the players all make characters who want to go on the adventure instead of doing their own thing. I’ve had too many bad experiences with uncooperative / contrary players in the past. In fact, I’ve been that player in the past, and I regret it deeply.
I also think that this is a good illustration that while playing a character inspired by a movie/book/etc character is fine, doing that in the story the character came from can be challenging, even counter productive.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
It's very rare to be able to fix a game that's falling apart by doubling the size of the table
Well, I dunno - it matches my old M:tG strategy, which always boiled down to "When in doubt, add more [creatures]".

I have to say, this whole game sounds chaotic as hell, which with the right crew of people can be a huge amount of fun.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases