Aeon (updated 10/9/14)

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
i think it may be the adversary 'rebranding' himself in the new schema. not sure though.

That's what I was thinking too, but from Mostin's descriptions it would seem to be some other "Tree" type entity... ancient, and GREEN, yet unknown to most anyone in Wyre or the Prime.

Siuis

Explorer
*low whistle*

wow, that is quite the impact, there. It reminds me of an imternet image, showing a meteor and some poor, offended planet entitled "I would hit it like the fist of an angry god". I find this fitting.

I'm also rather proud of Nwm. Thanks to Sep, I've found the simplest spell effects to be the easiest to counter with. Who needs massive necromantic forces, when you can SMASH at epic velocity? I remember figuiring out the rules for maximum falling damage from an object and tweaking them - and getting d6 damage expressed in scientific notation when I was done. I have since stopped counting wizardly might via d6s.

I also severly doubt the Adversary is going to do ANYTHING remotely like switching sides. While corrupting others into thinking differently of him is his gimmick, he is absolutely 100% against actually changing, because that would be admitting he was wrong at some point. If the Adversary were willing to do that, why wouldn't he just reconcile with Oronthon and get it over with. No, at heart, the Adversart is the same as those juvenile players you get who go online to munchkin up some strange power for their third level character; They know they should just listen to the DM when he says it won't fly, but dammit! Their ego won't cave until the sun implodes. That the DM of wyre (by which I mean Oronthon, not Sep, oddly enough) puts up with such a jerk player these thousands of metaphorical years is astounding. Luckily, the rest of the party is ignoring him and moving on (Green, the actual aprty, etc.).

As an aside, does anyone know where I can find the stuff Sepulchrave and Cheiromancer were working on for their epic system? I know they gave up, and I even vaguely remember why. I just don't think they deleted all traces, and want to plumb the depths for hidden gems throw around in me own games...

Last edited:

Justin

Explorer
wow, that is quite the impact, there. It reminds me of an imternet image, showing a meteor and some poor, offended planet entitled "I would hit it like the fist of an angry god". I find this fitting.

I'm also rather proud of Nwm. Thanks to Sep, I've found the simplest spell effects to be the easiest to counter. Who needs massive necromantic forces, when you can SMASH at epic velocity? I remember figuiring out the rules for maximum falling damage from an object and tweaking them - and getting d6 damage expressed in scientific notation when I was done. I have since stopped counting wizardly might via d6s.

Can you imagine Temenun's reaction? "Additionally, I have powerfully warded the deific Shvar Choryati against transva...they did what?"

:D

Felix

Explorer
It was not a meteorite that Nwm used; rather an orbital Incredible Hulk, who has been getting increasingly GREEN and upset at the lack of oxygen.

Therefore we have witnessed a Transvalent HULK SMASH.

Therefore Hummaz is Bruce Banner.

Obviously.

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
As an aside, does anyone know where I can find the stuff Sepulchrave and Cheiromancer were working on for their epic system? I know they gave up, and I even vaguely remember why. I just don't think they deleted all traces, and want to plumb the depths for hidden gems throw around in me own games...
Sep & Cheiro's Epic Stuff
There are a bunch of different threads in this Dog Soul Forum in which they worked their epic machinations...
Felix said:
It was not a meteorite that Nwm used; rather an orbital Incredible Hulk, who has been getting increasingly GREEN and upset at the lack of oxygen.

Obviously.
LMAO... Obviously that is what happened!

Siuis

Explorer
Sweet... I do hope I don't confuse myself and lose the link again. I remember checking the epic system every which way, trying to find out what an Opus did. Thank you, Salthorae!

Obviously.

I have difficulty refuting this... No wonder Mostin had trouble discerning the web. "Civil war? Retcon? This is absurd!"

Mini-Update

Which was to have been part of a longer update, but it seemed apt to post it now.

[Jalael]: Observe.

The imp appeared with a pop!. It bowed.

[Mostin]: That was not a conjuration. That was a fly.
[Jalael]: In a small world, transmutation is the future. What you cannot conjure, you can transform and coerce: functionally, they equate to the same thing – one dispel and they're gone.
[Mostin]: I am no mere summoner. I am the binder of the Horror. I have mastered Celestial Princes. Dukes of Hell quail at the very mention of my name.
[Jalael]: You need to move with the times. Think about it: [equation].
[Mostin]: !
[Shomei]: Greetings.
[Mostin]: Finally, you condescend. What transpires?
[Shomei]: In the last hour? Agalaierept has seized the throne room and the citadel with the second legion. Chamosh is backing his bid, citing the need to maintain order; Astaroth manipulates both of them. Belial has crowned himself emperor in Abriymoch. Azazel is undeclared but has moved the standard and two hundred legions to Avernus, including Bune and his malebranche shock troops. The Iron City is locked tighter than…no cosmic superlative is possible. None of the Antagonists are condescending to involve themselves. Yet. When that happens, things will really heat up.
[Mostin]: And you?
[Shomei]: I remain in the library, observing all with wry detachment. Hell needs a good war, in any case; cull the weak and eliminate some bureaucrats, I say. Can't be bad. The Ludjas, Mostin. Two of them, a Hazel and a Holly: they are incredibly potent. Hazel's Will…Azazel understands where the real locus of power now lies.
[Mostin]: You are advising him?
[Shomei]: I admit I have a soft spot for him.
[Mostin]: You still play the same game, Shomei.
[Shomei]: Fear not. I play well.
[Mostin] (Wrily): And who pulls your strings? A Tree?
[Shomei]: Actually, I suspect Amaimon.
[Mostin]: I saw a wyrm in the Web. Why?
[Shomei]: Qematiel is on the Prime.
[Mostin]: What? How?
[Shomei]: Hazel has taken a liking to her.
[Mostin]: What has happened, Shomei?
[Shomei]: The I has shifted Its paradigm. It has incarnated as a deity in Nizkur.
[Mostin]: Ah. More of a fey primal, really. Do you believe this is an artifice?
[Shomei]: On balance, no. But nor do I think it's permanent.

Mostin opened his wine cabinet, and poured himself a large glass of kschiff. This news would require some readjustment.

"What news?" Eadric asked with mock enthusiasm.

Nwm sat, and gestured toward another stool. "I suggest you do the same. Those whom Shvar Choryati ate are gone."

"Gone?" Eadric asked.

"As in not recoverable. Reincarnation is not an option. They were…snatched. As it were. They have already been afforded new forms."

"By whom?"

"The principal suspect is a fey entity named Hummaz. Mostin equates him with 'Oronthon's Adversary in the diminishing Infinity.' Mostin's terminology is odd, but I understand his gist. The transition might be likened to Teppu's; or perhaps more akin to Nehael's."

Time seemed to slow to a crawl for the Ahma. He cocked his head and looked at Nwm. "You are telling me…"

"There is no Adversary."

There is no Adversary.

"And…this…Hummaz?" The Ahma inquired.

"That is a relationship you must negotiate. He is wild; fickle; violent; passionate. And prurient."

"I think I preferred the prior iteration," Eadric sighed. "Ethics? Morals? An opposition thereto?"

"None. More accurately, such concepts are not germane. Will has become Instinct."

"Magic?" The Ahma asked tentatively.

Nwm stretched his arms apart.

Eadric groaned.

"He's laid claim to a substantial tract of forest. He has a number of servitors around him."

"Servitors?"

"But I do not believe him to be overtly political," Nwm added hastily. "He is innocent of such matters – and yes, I choose my language carefully. Eadric, if you have any remaining notions of sin, you would do best to divest yourself of them. The Axes have shifted. Wherever they're going, it's not back."

"I have only one question," Eadric spoke steadily. "Is it possible that Oronthon's Adversary – whom, lest we forget, possesses a not undeserved reputation for being the most conniving and deceitful entity in existence – has somehow duped the Tree-ludja?"

Nwm considered briefly, and nodded. "That is a good question. I suppose time will tell."

"Do you bring other good news?"

"Oh yes," Nwm nodded. "Plenty. Remain seated. A chthonic deity named Kaalaanala has taken up residence in Jashat. Orcus has withdrawn from the front: he fled from Irel over Ardan, and could be anywhere. Dhatri has settled in Thond – for the time being; she is hungry, after being carried around for so long. Two hosts have left the Temple compound: Visuit and Yeshe lead the smaller, and it will reach Fumaril in four days. The larger is bound for Thond: the demilich is moving with his deathshriekers and, I suspect, Temenun also. Aside from the goddess in residence and a few dozen priests, the Temple of Cheshne is empty."

"How do you know this?"

"Certain stones gossip too much."

"Are you suggesting an assault?" The Ahma asked.

Nwm shook his head fervently. "Quite the opposite. She would kill us all. Avoid going within ten miles, at all costs."

"We should move to intercept the smaller host. How many are there?"

"Twelve thousand, half of whom are cavalry. Plus light aerial support – succubi, mainly. And goristros – but only a few dozen: most of the temple defense is with the larger army. But Guho has joined them and there are lots of the longhairs in Visuit's train. They are currently grounded: Mulissu has made the weather uncomfortable. They are devising sorceries to counteract her spell."

"And Pazuzu?"

"Ortwine hunts him."

Remove ads