• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Aeon (updated 10/9/14)

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
I was very surprised (and pleased) to see an update! :D

Thanks, Sep.

I have to say, though, that I don't understand Saes's reasons for sealing the underworld. Suppose there are 100 million people in the world, and they all live for an average of 100 years.

Then, on average, 1 million souls pass her gates every year. Now suppose Graz'zt invades, and all 100 million are killed in a year. Saes gorges on death. But next year- no souls come. None are left alive, and so none can die. No matter- she's still up by a net 99 million souls. The year after- still no souls. The year after that- nope. After 100 years she's where she would have been had there been no invasion. From that point on she is in a net famine of souls.

It is really in her interest to let some out to live again- for unless there are living people, no one can die.

tleilaxu

First Post
Cheiromancer said:
I was very surprised (and pleased) to see an update! :D

Thanks, Sep.

I have to say, though, that I don't understand Saes's reasons for sealing the underworld. Suppose there are 100 million people in the world, and they all live for an average of 100 years.

Then, on average, 1 million souls pass her gates every year. Now suppose Graz'zt invades, and all 100 million are killed in a year. Saes gorges on death. But next year- no souls come. None are left alive, and so none can die. No matter- she's still up by a net 99 million souls. The year after- still no souls. The year after that- nope. After 100 years she's where she would have been had there been no invasion. From that point on she is in a net famine of souls.

It is really in her interest to let some out to live again- for unless there are living people, no one can die.

...and maybe that's the arguement they'll use to convince her?

Lazybones

Adventurer
Heh, when I saw the SH title, I wasn't sure if it referred to last year's May update, or was a new one. In any case, I'm glad it was the latter. Hope we don't have to wait until May '07!

Remove ads