• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

African Settings / Gods

Raflar

First Post
I've been running an adventure where the PCs have been stranded on a tropical island, similar to the tv series LOST. Throughout the course of the adventure I have been hinting at an 'african' type culture across the waters which may be the mainland. The PCs are 8th level now and will probably be 10th by the time they finally get off the island. They will most likey head for this hinted at mainland but I don't have any good resources for African Culture.

I don't want to use egyptian unless I can't find anything else, I'd prefer to have it remain jungle and grassland/savanah (so Congo/Kenya/Serengeti cultures - maybe throw in some Zulu)

Does anyone know where I can find anything helpful? Obviously I'd prefer something d20 but not gaming 'Fluff' is good too.

Thanks.

Voadam

Legend
Nyambe is excellent material for you. African classes, an overthrown orc empire, ancient snake people, neat D&D culture stuff. It is D&D in an african setting, similar to Hamunaptra beging Egyptian setting D&D and Kara Tur/Rokugan being Asian setting D&D. It is not mythical Africa or historical africa using d20 rules but D&D africa.

Atlas has the Nyambe Hardcover in print and pdf, and there is a free pdf floating around that serves as a preview from before Atlas hired the author to polish it up and expand it for publication. Check out stuff on it at www.atlas-games.com

Voadam

Legend
Betabunny put out a good pdf sourcebook on real world predators, I don't own their apes of nature, myth and legend but it looks interesting and has ape races so you can do a sort of fantasy tarzan type of thing with it, I'd think.

Raflar

First Post
I just DLed Nyambe Player's Lorebook and it looks great so far... I'll check out the Dragon 215.. I should have it in a box somewhere..

Thanks.

lkj

Hero
Yah, I'll give another vote for Nyambe. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to use it yet. But I loved reading through it.

AD

Remove ads