Against the Shadows IV - A Faded Glory Story Hour

What Do You Think of This Story Hour?

• It is the greatest Story Hour ever!

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • It is one of my top 5!

Votes: 29 58.0%
  • It is entertaining. I recommend it to others.

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • I don't like it very much.

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • It sucks! I wouldn't read it if it was the only Story Hour available!

Votes: 1 2.0%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old One

First Post
Ancalagon said:
Great work as always Old one!

The squark made me laugh. We have a transmuter who uses that spell (elf). He basicaly reduces his weight and springs huge butterflies wing. Now I always thought it was ridiculous (but realistic... the spell gives you a slow flying speed and atrocious maneurvability) but this was funnier :)

Ancalagon

Ancalagon -

Glad to see you over on the new boards! If anyone who knows what they are doing ever gets a close look at the Squawk, Quintus might be in trouble!

Thanks for stopping by!

Old One

Old One

First Post
Re: Bards do Rock (n Roll?)

Darklone said:
Heyho Old One,

Well... the new boards... something new to get accustomed to (I get old).

Storyline: Hilarious as ever... paranoid players... female bards ... I THINK I met a similar barkeep a few weeks ago... But aren't they all the same? (Well my bard won there :)... but against another male)

Let's see how the players start to earn some cash in Oar. Perhaps dancing on the tables somewhere :) ? I really like how you let them pay.... My players always got too many cash... Not that they would agree though.

May the sun shine always on the dagger in your back!

Darklone

Darklone -

Guten Tag! The PCs actually managed to get some cash the last session, although they lost some almost immediately afterwards:D! Anyway, I hope to have the next session or two up over the next several days...

Stay tuned!

Old One

Old One

First Post
Re: ...the amazingly time-eating storyhour

Dougal DeKree said:
Hello OldOne!

just finished with the whole storyhour - i started reading it only last week and i have to say excellent work! Use of the rules, creating the mood/paranoia, enchanting that table of yours - just plain perfect.
By the way, did your players read quickbeams how-to-influence-a-die-guide? It's veeery helpful :) but for now...i am waiting...for more...

Dougal DeKree

"When you are totally down, there is only one direction it can go!"
"Sideways?!"

Dougal DeKree -

Another Deutschlander! Viegeits!

Thanks so much for the kind words...when Quickbeam posted his dice disciplining guide on the old boards, the players had some good discussion about it!

The dice rituals practiced by the players due to the influences of the Table of Elemental Evil include:
  • Never letting a die actually touch the table...it must be rolled on a book or some other surface
  • Changing dice every hour of play to limit the evil influence
  • Retiring any die the DM has touched
  • Touching the die to a good luck token prior to rolling

All-in-all it is quite humorous!

Thanks for dropping by and I hope to see you again soon!

Old One

Old One

First Post
Tortoise said:
And now for a little poetry break ...

The money comes
The money goes
Who will steal it?
The DM knows!

Thank you, thank you

Talk about rapidly changing fortunes. Here Rowan was about to retire wealthy enough to take good care of Q's sister Maxima when the winds of fortune shifted and ...

Well, let's just say he's determined to get a little "payback".

I'll leave it at that and let Old One tickle your imaginations with the recent events.

Alright Tortoise...keep that day job;)!

If all goes well, we will have a post later today...

Old One

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I thouhgt I was WAY BEHIND - but it turned out I was only 1 session behind - so caught up quick.

Great stuff as usual. . .

The number of page views you get is INSANE. I guess the new page views feature is going to show which story hours really are the most popular. :D

Ranger Wickett has a lot of reading ahead of him. Have you thought about posting a downloadable version in word for people to print out and read at their own leisure?

I would be happy to host it if you decide to do it.

Old One

First Post
Greetings All!

I am officially 2 sessions behind now...

Session 12 and Session 13

I hope to have at least the first part of Session 12 done today. In these two sessions, the PCs finally reach Oar and waste no time making lots of new friends and new enemies!

Stay tuned for more!

Old One

Old One

First Post
nemmerle said:
I thouhgt I was WAY BEHIND - but it turned out I was only 1 session behind - so caught up quick.

Great stuff as usual. . .

The number of page views you get is INSANE. I guess the new page views feature is going to show which story hours really are the most popular. :D

Ranger Wickett has a lot of reading ahead of him. Have you thought about posting a downloadable version in word for people to print out and read at their own leisure?

I would be happy to host it if you decide to do it.

Nemm -

Thanks for stopping in! The new "page view" feature is pretty cool, although my numbers pale in comparison to Dr. Midnight's and Wulf's!

I think that we have an out-of-date compilation on the website and I have a shiny new compilation in Word on my PC...I will check with O'berton and see if he wants to post it up, but thanks for the offer!

I've popped in on yours a couple of times but haven't commented yet. See you there or in the RBDM lounge soonest:D!

Old One

Broccli_Head

Explorer
Hey, Old One! Finally caught up! I thought I was super-far behind, but I guess I had only missed Session 11.

I was wondering if any of your players come back to you about things they missed that you write about on the story hour.?For example...when "Tomas “The Bull” Nacalius fingered the hilt of his spatha" (Session 11, part one). Does the player knowledge become character knowledge and do they have a tendency to act upon it?

Thanks for the tactics options. I realize how many times I forget to use sound tactics for mooks in my games. The head guy is always prepared, but the lackeys tend to be push overs. Some of those options and ideas you put forth can definitely make the encounters more challenging and hence more memorable.

Lela

First Post
Austounding, Amazing, Gotta love that Harry Potter, Urrrr. Old One, ya: Old One

So, the hairbrush is magical. Hmmmm. I missed that my first pass through. Any chance we can find out the properties of that brush? I've given a player a magical shirt that doesn't ever need to be cleaned and changes color match any outfit but never a hairbrush. [He asked for it to change to fit his clothing. Almost useless otherwise]

Also, did I notice our mute bombshell giving the amazing bard a little look there? ;) Go Sextus!

Last edited:

Tortoise

First Post
Old One said:

Alright Tortoise...keep that day job;)!

If all goes well, we will have a post later today...

Old One

I'll have you know that -I- am a published poet! (harrumphs and turns nose to the air)

:D

That's right, I was published in a collection known as "Just Say No to Barney"

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads