D&D 5E Age of Worms Adventure Path

Virtuegm55

Villager
Thanks it’s a great place to start.

I have the level ideas somewhat set for each adventure.

And thank you for this conversion, I will be using it as a base frameworks but I’ll do doing a conversion/reworking of encounters.

Tormyr

Adventurer
Has anyone done a session 0 Adventure for this AP? I was thinking maybe something where the heroes all meet up at the abandoned mine office, but the office is currently occupied by some lizard folk spies spying on Diamond Lake. Now they have their base of operations and some for shadowing.

Depending on how you run the lizardfolk attack in adventure 3, Diamond Lake can be really far for scouts. The keep is a 3-day journey, and the lizardfolk home is another day beyond that.

I started the heroes with wanting to get out of the dead end that is Diamond Lake. They decide to search for untapped tombs in the hills, and they searched the appropriate offices for old maps. Those with a soldier background searched the garrison, and a sorcerer who was Allustan's apprentice searched there.

Virtuegm55

Villager
Depending on how you run the lizardfolk attack in adventure 3, Diamond Lake can be really far for scouts. The keep is a 3-day journey, and the lizardfolk home is another day beyond that.

I started the heroes with wanting to get out of the dead end that is Diamond Lake. They decide to search for untapped tombs in the hills, and they searched the appropriate offices for old maps. Those with a soldier background searched the garrison, and a sorcerer who was Allustan's apprentice searched there.
Well this would be Ilthanes doing knowing what she does about humans being problems I think she would make sure their was some kind of spies around most human settlements besides the Free City. Kobolds would likely make more sense not sure which thing I would want to foreshadow.

Virtuegm55

Villager
The 3.5 adventures tell you what level they are for, so you can extrapolate from there. A suggested plan:

Here was what I was thinking
Whispering Cairn 3rd Level reach 4 at end
3 Faces of Evil 4th reach 5th and finish at 6th
Encounter at Blackwell 6th reach 7th finish at 8th
Harsh Reflections start at 8th reach 9th finish at 10th
The champions belt start at 10th gain 11th finish at 12th
A gathering of winds start 12th gain 13th finish at 14th
Spite of Longshadow start 14th gain 15th end 16th
The prince of Redhand begin 16th finish 17th
Library of Last Resort start at 17th finish 18th
King of the Rifts start at 18th finish at 19th
Into worm crawl fissure start 19th finish 20th
Dawn of a New Age 20th with an Epic Boon before and after fighting Kyuss

Vienneau

Explorer
Played another session last month (and playing again tomorrow). Some notes/questions from that session and next, all from "A Gathering of Winds" conversion:

1) #13 mentions Earth Glide, but doesn't provide a reference (MM 304 "Xorn" has it)
2) #14 you don't have Allustan's stats, which makes it trickier for him to help them in the adventure
3) #14 has lightning for 10d10 but lightning is normally 8d6. Heck, the original text is 8d6!
4) #14 has the lightning trap. My players cast Wall of Force between the metal spike from the ceiling and the sphere of electricity, then cast Dispel Magic to disable the sphere. I allowed it, but I'm thinking the rod touches the sphere, so there's no way to put a 0.5 inch Wall of Force in there?
5) #10 has the Wraith with 152hp, higher AC and DC, and 3 attacks. It would be helpful to have an updated experience point value/Challenge Rating.
6) #19 has a DC 25 search for a hidden level that isn't converted
7) #19 has a Shield Guardian where one fist is replaced with vampiric touch. Is this a one-time casting because Shield Guardians have a Spell Storing power, or is this a "repeat every turn" attack (which I think it is), at which point, do the Guardians have a spell stored?
8) You didn't answer all my questions from back on Dec 19th yet. :)

Vienneau

Explorer
...one more!

9) #15 has an iron panel that slides out of the wall and blocks the tunnel. But when does it retract? The trap says "repair reset" which (I looked it up) means that someone comes to repair it. Who the heck is repairing the traps in this place? How long does it take them?

toucanbuzz

No rule is inviolate
Has anyone done a session 0 Adventure for this AP? I was thinking maybe something where the heroes all meet up at the abandoned mine office, but the office is currently occupied by some lizard folk spies spying on Diamond Lake. Now they have their base of operations and some for shadowing.

I used Character Backgrounds (players get to pick) when I ran this using Pathfinder (aka 3rd edition) rules to link everyone to the campaign and given them a reason to seek out the Whispering Cairn. Some of the names or locations may not be the same as I ran this in Dragonlance's Taladas. The file also has dream sequences, totally optional as the adventure proceeds.

Attachments

• Age of Worms Backgrounds.pdf
    165.3 KB · Views: 201

Remove ads