D&D 5E Age of Worms Conversion

Shiminax

First Post
Hi everyone ! I really need some help :
I'm the DM of a d&d 5e game of Age of Worms (yeah i know, it's a 3.5 story). My friends are in the chapter 4, and i'm working on the next chapter, who's so big ! So many monster to convert and i don't know where to begin :/

Ty !

First of all, this is incredible! I just started running this a week or two ago with my buddies and it's perfect. One question though: I've seen where you've put in equipment at the end of each section, but what are you doing for the equipment listed as treasure in the original Dungeon Magazine that's not in your writeup? i.e. the +1 red leather armor of the Seekers. I'm assuming that down the road this campaign will have +5 gear since its 3.5 but 5e doesn't have gear with that type of +. Just looking for your thoughts and I hope that makes sense.

Tormyr

Adventurer
First of all, this is incredible! I just started running this a week or two ago with my buddies and it's perfect. One question though: I've seen where you've put in equipment at the end of each section, but what are you doing for the equipment listed as treasure in the original Dungeon Magazine that's not in your writeup? i.e. the +1 red leather armor of the Seekers. I'm assuming that down the road this campaign will have +5 gear since its 3.5 but 5e doesn't have gear with that type of +. Just looking for your thoughts and I hope that makes sense.

I generally only included the magic items that needed to be converted. The Age of Worms 00 file talks a little about converting treasure in general. For +X items:
+1 and +2 -> +1
+3 and +4 -> +2
+5 and higher -> +3

CrazyYodler

Villager
@Tormyr : Tried to follow the link and couldn't find your files that you had posted previously. Was wondering if there is another link to follow to find the files after the site revamp. Have a game in 2 days and I am just getting into the spire of lost shadows

Any help would be wonderful !

Remove ads