D&D 4E Age of worms

Tony Vargas

Legend
So, Kyuss, himself, is in Open Grave, and Elder Evils and Dragon 370 have additional members of the Kyuss family of horrors.

When doing conversions, I like to find the 4e versions of the monsters, first, then mess around with the levels, maybe re-organize things, to present appropriate challenges through the arc.

I don't remember much about Age of Worms - IIRC, it's familiar from a story hour on here, back when it was new - so IDR if it had much in the way of traditional dungeon crawls with lots of little encounters & wandering monsters &c, but, when converting those to 4e, a Skill Challenge and/or linking together the seemingly pointless little encounters into waves of a single encounter, can be a good way of adapting them. Aside from that, modules convert pretty smoothly, since 4e is more flexible in the range & pacing of challenges it can handle without showing cracks than other editions, and, whether you convert an encounter and calculate it's challenge, or tune it to match a level you want, the results are comparatively dependable.

Telamont

Villager
So, Kyuss, himself, is in Open Grave, and Elder Evils and Dragon 370 have additional members of the Kyuss family of horrors.

When doing conversions, I like to find the 4e versions of the monsters, first, then mess around with the levels, maybe re-organize things, to present appropriate challenges through the arc.

I don't remember much about Age of Worms - IIRC, it's familiar from a story hour on here, back when it was new - so IDR if it had much in the way of traditional dungeon crawls with lots of little encounters & wandering monsters &c, but, when converting those to 4e, a Skill Challenge and/or linking together the seemingly pointless little encounters into waves of a single encounter, can be a good way of adapting them. Aside from that, modules convert pretty smoothly, since 4e is more flexible in the range & pacing of challenges it can handle without showing cracks than other editions, and, whether you convert an encounter and calculate it's challenge, or tune it to match a level you want, the results are comparatively dependable.
are you willing to help somehow, convert some things?

Tony Vargas

Legend
What I wouldn't have the bandwidth for is absorbing the whole adventure path, but if you want to toss me the odd monster or specific challenge w/in it?
Sure.

Telamont

Villager
What I wouldn't have the bandwidth for is absorbing the whole adventure path, but if you want to toss me the odd monster or specific challenge w/in it?
Sure.
you have a discord or something. there is one guy that help me convert the path, he almost done the 1st book

kronovan

Adventurer
I've never heard of the Age of Worms setting/adventure path and I noticed it isn't available @ drivethrurpg.
Was it something that was published in one of the WotC magazines?

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I've never heard of the Age of Worms setting/adventure path and I noticed it isn't available @ drivethrurpg.
Was it something that was published in one of the WotC magazines?
Yep, Dungeon Magazine. Second to last year if it’s existence. It ran from issues 124 through 135.

Last edited:

Remove ads