D&D General Ageing

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Age mechanics and "half celestial" sounds like 3.5 Edition rules, to me. And you're right, there aren't any official rules for this...at least, none that I've found. I don't think there is a "right or wrong" answer; you'll have to come up with something that fits the tone of your campaign. Here's what I'd do:

Since half-celestials are created through the union of a mortal and an immortal, I'd use the age table for Elf.
Middle age: 175 years​
Old: 263 years​
Venerable: 350 years​
Maximum: +4d% years​

Jer

Legend
Supporter
Another option would be to consider a half-Celestial to be like an Aasimar. 5e rules suggest an Aasimar ages like a human but has a lifespan of 160 years.

esteban1997

Explorer
Another option would be to consider a half-Celestial to be like an Aasimar. 5e rules suggest an Aasimar ages like a human but has a lifespan of 160 years.
But aren't half celestials different from an aasimar?
I red that aasimar can come from any race but for the most part they derive from humans

MatthewJHanson

Registered Ninja
Publisher
Assuming it is 3.5 according to a literal reading of the rules it would be the same as the base creature. According to the SRD: "A half-celestial uses all the base creature’s statistics and special abilities except as noted here."

Aging is not noted, so its the same as the base creature.

That being said, if th DM wants to let them live longer that sounds totally reasonable to me.

Remove ads