Airwalkrr's Age of Worms

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=EvolutionKB]You may cast the PH2 spells on the beguiler list.[/sblock]

[sblock=Jemal]The Hero Builder's Guidebook best sums up my opinion on the matter. To quote:

"Don't #1: No Bobs. When naming your character, avoid everyday names like Jim, Betty, Dave, Sue, or Bob. The D&D world is a fantasy place, where magic is real and humans are only one of many races. In other words, it's not like the real world.

Fantasy names are an important part of the distancing effect. The disharmony between a fantasy world and familiar real-world names works only with the latter are used for deliberate comic effect. Thus, Finieous Fingers's sidekicks were named Fred and Charly, Monty Python's King Arthur and his knights meet a wizard called Tim, and so forth. Be warned that such references to the real world break the mood of the game and are only appropriate to parodies."

My greatest difficulty with the name Michael Kaine is that it resembles the RL actor. But even if you were to simply call him Michael, the name has too much association with the biblical archangel Michael. In the Darkhawk campaign, I saw the name of Sir Jonathon as at least fitting to the concept of a knight. Michael is not a name that fits a warlock. Perhaps you could simply call him Kaine. That, along with the association with biblical Cain would probably be more appropriate given the dark nature of the warlock.[/sblock]

Phoenix, a cleric would probably be more useful to the existing group. But feel free to play a psion if that is your desire.

Looks like I missed out on a spot then. :(

In reply to my e-mail about not being able to submit a character for a couple of days you told me there was no hurry. I didn't know that I needed to beat other people in submitting my character in order to lock in my spot.

Regardless of that here are my 3 invisible castle rolls

13, 15, 16, 11, 10, 14

12, 15, 17, 15, 17, 9

15, 13, 14, 16, 8, 12

I would take the middle roll.

Strength: 12
Dexterity: 17
Constitution:15
Intelligence: 17
Wisdom: 15
Charisma: 9

I was going to be playing a Wizard. Let me know if I should bother posting any more info or if I'm just wasting my time.

Olaf the Stout

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=airwalker]I'll argue you on the fact that it's a Fitting and fantasy styled name for eternity, because I believe it is, it's the most fitting warlockian name I've ever seen, and nobody elses opinions will change that fact. I WILL change the name to keep things civil, but I am in no way admiting it is anything less than the best warlock name I have ever seen anybody come up with. That's why I use it. The first time I introduced him to a group, such was their thoughts as well.

I will not, however, simply use Caine/Kayne/etc b/c that's flagrantly stealing a name. (The fact that it resemble the incredible Mr Caine was pointed out to me after I had first been playing the character for about 4 months, btw.) I could as easily call him Lucifer... that would be befitting of a warlock, too

However, I believe Humans should have both first and last names unless there's a reason for them to be single, which I don't have, and they should say something about the character without being corny or gibberish. I'll try to come up with something.
[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Quick question concerning a cleric build... Are they restricted armor-wise per the info in the deities list you linked to? For example, a cleric of Pelor can wear nothing beyond chainmail? Thanks for the info.

I should be able to submit the cleric tomorrow since all I have left to do is purchase equipment and name her.

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=Jemal]You sound offended. Please understand I mean no offense. I can respect the fact that you think the name is perfectly fine and you are entitled to your opinion. But I am the DM and my opinion is that names based on real world names usually disrupt the suspension of disbelief. You do not need to change your opinion, but you do need to change your character's name if you want to play in my game. I was not trying to change your opinion so much as describe to you my point of view so that you realize I do have reasons and that it is nothing capricious or personal.[/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Phoenix8008 said:
Quick question concerning a cleric build... Are they restricted armor-wise per the info in the deities list you linked to? For example, a cleric of Pelor can wear nothing beyond chainmail? Thanks for the info.

I should be able to submit the cleric tomorrow since all I have left to do is purchase equipment and name her.

You need not be confined by the armor restrictions in that document, merely the domain choices and alignments as I noted. However, I encourage you to adhere to the armor restrictions for roleplaying reasons since it represents certain priestly oaths and I may even give you bonus XP if you do (not a promise, but a possibility).

Character e-mailed airwalkrr. Let me know if you want any more information or if there are any changes that you would like me to make.

Olaf the Stout

Last edited:

Remove ads