Airwalkrr's Eberron Campaign IC

airwalkrr

Adventurer
You and a party of friends are out bar-hopping in the cold night. You are not expecting a fight, thus the only armaments and protection you have brought are light weapons and armor. Nor are you planning on exploring any dungeons, so you haven't brought any dungeoneering equipment. But you have of course discussed the possibility of one day embarking on an adventure with each other, so even if the tools are not readily on hand, the thought is nearby.

Curtains of water fall from the sky as you traverse the labyrinthine walkways of Sharn. The stone and wooden paths wind around and between the towers and spires high above the ground, forming a complex latticework that can be very confusing on evenings such as this. The rain falls hard, running off higher walkways and balconies in drenching waves, making it difficult to see much more than a few feet ahead of you. The distant glow of everbright lanterns, barely visible in the soaking gloom, does little to light the paths on this warm, wet evening.

[sblock=Spot DC 18]You spot a figure in a dark cloak moving quietly through the rain on the skybridge ahead. It seems to be avoiding the dim pools of light cast by the everbright lanterns, preferring to stay to the shadows. Lightning flashes, and you see a shape on the stone floor of the bridge in the brief illumination. The figure quickly reaches the railing of the skybridge, then slips over the barrier and disappears into the darkness and the rain.[/sblock]

Friadoc

Explorer
Walking in silence, Slip stays close to his associates, while he does not fully understand the meandering from inn to inn, it is best to keep an eye on his friends. However, that said, he seems more focused on the pleasant ran pouring over his form, bringing a pleasant sheen to the wood and mithral of his body.

OOC

[sblock=Spot Check]
Post #2 - Spot Check versus DC 18 (1d20+2=4)
Most definitely not me, clueless Warforged that I am. :D
[/sblock]

Last edited:

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Kyl walks quietly, smiling at the sound of the rain bouncing off his friend's metal body. Kyl held is focus, like he always did. He looked around, and noticed a man on the bridge. He didn't think much of it...... until the man jumped off the bridge.

"Did anyone else just see that?"

[sblock=ooc/roll]

Spot check for Kyl (1d20+5=20)

spot=20

[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
It had been a strange night for Talakhad, he did not drink, but the Seer had told him he needed - they all needed - to learn about those they lived amidst, the Kalashtar could not afford to make enemies of the people of Sharn and there was too much distrust as it was. Still he had always been personable and he seemed to fit in with this odd group well enough, and they were agreeable company. He did, however, wonder if Havakhad had quite this in mind, theri little group could hardly be called representative of Sharn's populance.

The cacophanous sound of the torrential rain was almost soothing as they walked ducking under walkways. As they walked to yet another bar the Kalashtar observed his companions, pleased at Slip's obviouys enjoyment of the rain.

And then he saw a figure through the rain, and before he can think anything of it the figure has disappeared over the side off the bridge.

"No!" Talakhad screams raceing forward in a desperate, and undoubtedly futile effort to save the person.

OOC: If he cannot see the figure, or the figure is falling....

"He just jumped..." He says lamely to Kyl, stunned, "Why? Why would anyone?" And then he recalls how the figure seemed to be avoiding the light and a dark suspision grips him. Swiftly he rushes to the shape on the bridge hopeing that his suspisions will not be confirmed.

Spot (1d20=20)

Oni

First Post
Nevin happily strolled along the walkway despite the inclement weather, his cheeks a glow with the warmth of liquid cheer. He was certainly enjoying his new found freedom since he had left Arcanix. He wondered what all those old greybeards would think of him now. That caused him to chuckle to himself. His internal merrymaking was interrupted by exclamations from the odd assortment of people around him. He looked around at them blearily still half grinning to himself.

What's going on? You say someone jumped?

Nevin peered off into the darkness trying to see what had gotten them so worked up.

[sblock=ooc]

Spot Check DC 18 (1d20+1=12)

HP: 12/12
AC: 13, Touch: 13, FF: 10
Fort: +1, Ref: +3, Will: +3
AP: 5
[sblock=Prepared Spells]
0th: Ghost Sound, Detect Magic, 3x Acid Splash
1st: Silent Image, Mage Armour, Grease, Summon Monster I
[/sblock]

[/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]I will give megamania and Graybeard until I get home from work tonight (about 6:00 pm Central US time) to have a shot at a Spot check before moving on. Everyone else hold on making another post until the next update.[/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=Halford]The skybridge ahead spans the distance between platforms attached to the sides of two different towers—Dalannan Tower and the Kelsa Spire. A body lies on the floor of the bridge, and you can see a mixture of rain and blood pooling around it. A leather satchel, still clutched tightly in the body's hand, lies in the expanding puddle of water and gore.[/sblock]As Talakhad rushes forward, he clearly catches sight of something that was not previously in view.

[sblock=OOC]Sorry about the file size. I'm not really sure why it is so big. I think it is because I enlarged the jpeg when posting it to the excel file. If it is an issue for anyone, let me know. I did zip it down to make it more manageable.[/sblock]

Attachments

• bloodybridge1.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 257

Graybeard

Explorer
Kazmin walks slowly around the city as he has done often since his arrival, searching for his human friend. Many of the humans and other beings around him seem to be happy. Perhaps they had been drinking too heavily this evening.
Pulling his cloak tightly around him to help keep out the infernal rain, which seem so unlike the pleasant plant soakings of his home forest, he continues his stroll. Suddenly, he stops and stares intently. For a moment, he thought he saw someone trying not to be noticed. It must have been the strange magical light playing tricks upon his eyes for now Kazmin sees nothing except for the other late night walkers.

Spot check on bridge (1d20+3=14)

He shrugs and is about to continue his relentless search when he notices some sort of commotion ahead.

Halford

First Post
"Assassins!" Calls the Kalashtar raceing to the body. He checks for a pulse - knowing it is almost certainly futile - and finding none snatches up the satchel hopeing to save its contents.

"Summon the guard!" Talakhad calls back to his companions, as he rolls the body over and with a silent prayer to il-Yannah - the light - closes its eyes with gentle care. He murmurs, "Rest in peace stranger, I hope you go to the light."

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]I would like to clarify that I am assuming you all know each other and are traveling together this evening. You may not be the best of friends; some of you may have only come to the city recently. But you know each other nonetheless. I will leave the circumstances by which you came to know each other to you. You can leave it as a background detail that is unimportant, or you can work it out on the OOC thread. At any rate, you are already a group.[/sblock]

Remove ads