airwalkrr's Rise of the Runelords (OOC)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
By bonus feats, do you mean that we get an extra feat? Or just that they're also available to Core Only to be taken as regular feats?

(I'll go ahead and upgrade to the Average lifestyle, as it suits his backstory and the Rich Parents trait well).

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
By bonus feats, do you mean that we get an extra feat? Or just that they're also available to Core Only to be taken as regular feats?

(I'll go ahead and upgrade to the Average lifestyle, as it suits his backstory and the Rich Parents trait well).
To clarify, I am changing my previous position on the feats in the original RotRPG. Whether you choose the Core Rule Option Only or not, you may select one of the Varisian Feats on page 13 of the RotRPG as a bonus feat. The way you appear to have worked your character, Mowgli, you already took it as a bonus feat, which I assume is what you meant to do (unless I counted your feats wrong; you have it listed as an "upbringing" feat, and I couldn't account for it any other way). In fact, let's not call it a bonus feat since most of you are human and humans already get a bonus feat. Let's call it a free regional feat.

For those of you who did not take advantage of this, you can take as much time to decide on this as you like. You need not decided immediately. Take some time to look over the feats (there are only five or six I think) and pick whichever you feel fits your character best. This is totally optional, but it's free.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I think I've got it right: he's got Improved Unarmed Strike from the Monk Class, Perfect Strike from the Zen Archer Archetype (usable only with Bows for him), Point Blank Shot as his first level Monk bonus feat, Totem Spirit as his Human bonus feat and Precise Shot as his first level feat.

Totem Spirit is indeed an upbringing feat, meaning it's only available to those of a certain background (Shoanti) and only at first level, but he spent one of his legitimate feat slots on it, it's not an extra. So it looks like I should take that as the free regional feat, and another as his Human bonus.

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I think I've got it right: he's got Improved Unarmed Strike from the Monk Class, Perfect Strike from the Zen Archer Archetype (usable only with Bows for him), Point Blank Shot as his first level Monk bonus feat, Totem Spirit as his Human bonus feat and Precise Shot as his first level feat.

Totem Spirit is indeed an upbringing feat, meaning it's only available to those of a certain background (Shoanti) and only at first level, but he spent one of his legitimate feat slots on it, it's not an extra. So it looks like I should take that as the free regional feat, and another as his Human bonus.
Okay that makes sense. What I was missing is that I keep forgetting PF monks get stunning fist automatically, which zen archer replaces with perfect strike.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Okay that makes sense. What I was missing is that I keep forgetting PF monks get stunning fist automatically, which zen archer replaces with perfect strike.

That catches me sometimes when I'm reviewing a Zen Archer as well. I think for me it's because they still get Improved Unarmed Strike - somehow that muddles things up in my head. So, Combat Reflexes was on my list to grab at a higher level - I took Totem Spirit as my Regional Feat and Combat Reflexes as my Human bonus. His sheet should now be all correct, other than me forgetting to take out the 7 GP for bumping his lifestyle up to Average - which I've reconsidered at this point anyway. He hasn't really been settled long enough to establish it.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[MENTION=2469]rangerjohn[/MENTION], [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION], and [MENTION=11520]Scotley[/MENTION], I've contacted the creator of the character sheet on OP to see if he can help with the Bio part. On the other hand, if you have the time, you can attempt to transfer the information over to a new character sheet by first testing the Bio section before fleshing out everything else. That is the only work-around I have come up with so far.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
If it was something to do with the site mechanics and not with the sheets, it may be fixed. I added a note to Marcas' bio last night and it went in just fine, but I'm not using the fillable sheets on the site.

kinem

Adventurer
If you can try a different browser, do it. I was able to edit my bio in IE (at work only, site doesn't work at all in IE at home) but not in Firefox.

Remove ads