• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Airwalkrr's Shackled City IC

Oni

First Post
Still crouching next to the mysterious humaniod, Keth looked around at this companions.

Maybe we should see if we can get some answers out of ugly here ourselves before sticking our foot in the hornets' nest.

Rhun

First Post
"Except ugly there seems to be out cold..." grumbles the dwarf, still standing in the open doorway descending into the depths of the earth.

Simon stands back up and stretches, wincing at the sound his spine makes. "We can't waste time," he groans. "We should turn this creature over to someone we can trust -- our patron, who should (I think) remain nameless for the moment would likely be the best choice. That way, if we don't return, well, they have someone to question.

"And then we should decend, with all due haste. No more of this shilly-shallying; lives are at stake."

He pauses, considering the unconscious figure. "Well, who's willing to carry the fellow?"

Oni

First Post
Keth shrugged.

Well don't look at me. Bastard's nearly twice my size.

Keth considers the situation for a moment.

But you're right, if these creatures realize something's up we might never be able to get the cubs back. Let's just call a guard and be done with it.

[sblock=ooc]About how long would it take to get to the temple of st. cuthbert from the lock shop?[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
"Bind him and make the gnome watch him," suggests Baelor, eyeing the locksmith grimly. "That can be part of his penance for aiding these creatures." The doughty dwarf hoists his axe and smiles. "I say we go and chop us some vengeance."

"Aye," Simon agrees grimly. "Time's a'wasting."

Shouldering his axe, he strides over to the locksmith and levels his best glare at the man.

"You are to watch over this...creature," he says in a low tone. He reaches into his belt pouch, produces a silver coin, and hands it to the gnome. "Do not leave your shop, but stay close to the door and accost the first likely-looking urchin you see. Promise him this coin if he will go the temple of St. Cuthbert and tell a priest that Simon Sinople requests aid at this place, in the name of the High Priestess. When someone from the temple arrives, explain everything. Do not prevaricate, do not omit details."

He steps forward, looming over the gnome. "You understand, I'm certain."

[sblock=OOC]
1d20+3=18 Intimidate check.][/sblock]

Unceremoniously grabbing the prisoner by the ankles, he drags him out into the store and deposits him on the floor somewhere out of sight.

"Now. Let's move, shall we?"

Rhun

First Post
With a simple nod, the one eyed dwarf turns back to the stairway leading down into darkness. "Those of you that can't see in the dark will need some light," he says. "I'll take point, and scout the way for danger..." With that, Baelor begins to move cautiously down the stairs as quietly as he can.

Move Silently +5

Edit: -3 ACP actually makes that a Move Silently +2 :(

airwalkrr

Adventurer
"Do you have any idea what lies below?"
"None!", the gnome gulps.

"These creatures' defenses?"
The gnome nods "no."

"And what is so important about a damned rat that you would go along with this?"
"Hmph. Clearly you know nothing about arcane magic. Starbrow and I share a mystical bond. Our very life forces are intertwined. It would be an incredible torture to me should he be killed."

...Can take the cloaked one to the temple where he should be questioned?
"Temple? I presume you mean the Cudgel's. Yea, I suppose we could drop him off there. Unless you prefer his idea," he says, gesturing to Simon.

"You understand, I'm certain."
The gnome nods passively in understanding.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads