Airwalkrr's The Sunless Citadel (Recruiting Ended)

A Passing Maniac

First Post
This sounds like a rather fun game; I'd like to give it a shot.

Currently, I am thinking a wizard, probably a gnome, who is more interested in the exploration of the ruins themselves than in the reward (and, possibly, than in the rescue of the lost niece and nephew). He is a scholar of ancient civilizations and obscure tongues who lives to immerse himself in the trappings of civilizations long past; he is also a bit reckless, curious and impulsive to a degree possibly dangerous for his health.

My rolls: STR 7, DEX 14, CON 8, INT 15, WIS 8, CHA 12. I might juggle them around a little bit before finalizing the character, though a high Int and Dex (and a low Str and Wis) are probably a given.

Legildur

First Post
I wouldn't mind having a crack at a Rogue of some description. What race though is really open. I could easily go with halfling, dwarf, elf, human, or half-orc. Heck even gnome! Whatever will fit the bill to gel with the party.

<edit> Just rolled on Invisble Castle using screen name, but can't seem to save results :confused:

Which were 16, 14, 13, 13, 11, 11. A pretty good set in all.

Last edited:

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Questiong about how the Weapon Focus class skill is going to work with the UA. The class skill allows the Weapon Focus feat to apply to the weapons available from his disciplines. So......... would I just do it with the weapon group selected? (I chose Slings and Thrown Weapons and Heavy Blades).

airwalkrr

Adventurer
mfrench, remember when playing a defensive-minded character that you need to come up with some way to convince your enemies to attack you. I would recommend something like the goad feat or maybe the knight class instead of paladin. It wouldn't do much good if no monster could hit you but none of them attacked you because you couldn't hit them either. ;)

OnlytheStrong, I can't really offer any tips on the swordsage unfortunately since I've only read just enough of ToB to know how the rules work. But I recommend just picking some abilities you think are cool and running with it. I will allow the retraining rules from PH2 if you decide later on you are not satisfied with one or more decisions.

Weapon Focus applies to all weapons in the group.

Graybeard

Explorer
Okay, I rolled an 8, 13, 12, 17, 11, 9. Not 100% sure what class I will play. Maybe a Wizard but someone already mentioned one. Unable to save the rolls though on Invisiblecastle.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
OnlytheStrong, I will make my selections as soon as I see some character sheets popping up. Those who show the most interest in getting started will be the ones I pick with 95% certainty. If the first four characters are solid and will work well together, then I may leave it at that. But if I feel there is some role lacking, I will add on another one or two players.

Voda Vosa, the warlock is fine. Regarding "fey-powered" are you asking based on flavor, or was there some mechanical aspect (like a feat or something) you had in mind?

Remove ads