Airwalkrr's The Sunless Citadel (Recruiting Ended)

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Oh, I have my sheet ready but didn't know if you wanted it posted or not lol. I think I will change some things on it then post it tomorrow afternoon.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Tomak, Human Swordsage:

Code:
Class and level: Swordsage 1
Race: Human
Height: 5'11''
Weight: 175lbs
Alignment: CG

Str: 12   +1   
Dex:  16   +3
Con:  10   +0
Int:  11   +0
Wis:  13   +1
Cha:  6   -2

HP: 8

AC: 16  (10 + 3 studded leather + 3 dex)

Initiative: +4 (3 dex + 1 quick to act)

Speed: 30ft

Saving Throws:
   Fortitude: 0  (0 base + 0 con mod)
   Reflex:  5  (2 base + 3 dex mod)
   Will:  3  (2 base + 1 wis mod)

Base Attack Bonus:  +0

Grapple: 0 (0 base + 0 str mod)

Short Sword   to hit: +4  dmg: 1d6+1   crit: 19-20x2

Short Sword   to hit: +4  dmg: 1d6+1   crit: 19-20x2

Shortbow   to hit: +4  dmg: 1d6  crit: x2

Feats: 
   Two Weapon Fighting (starting feat)
   Weapon Finesse (bonus feat)

Class Features:
   Quick to Act +1
   Discipline Focus (weapon focus)

Skills:
   Hide
   Intimidate
   Listen
   Move Silently
   Sense Motive
   Tumble

Known Manuevers (6):
  Desert Wind:
      Blistering Flourish
      Burning Blade
      Distracting Ember
      Wind Stride
  Shadow Hand
      Clinging Shadow Strike
      Shadow Blade Technique

Stance (1):
   Child of Shadow

A Passing Maniac

First Post
With another expressing interest in a wizard, I was thinking that I might turn my character into an archivist from Heroes of Horror; the class would still fit the concept and would fill the divine spellcaster role, as well.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Voda Vosa said:
Hm no.. just flavor, something more like a singing dryad and not the fiendish standard warlock.

Based on the description in Complete Arcane, it is simply a preference of the player. Hence the reason warlocks can be chaotic good, chaotic evil, or lawful evil. I think the fiendish warlock is simply more common, but definitely not what I would call "standard."

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Sorry, I do tend to get overly technical sometimes. I will try to rephrase it.

The origin of a warlock's powers are not standard. In other words, not all warlocks are assumed to receive their powers from fiends such as demons and devils. The warlock class description provides several examples of where a warlock may gain his power, much like the sorcerer class description does. A fiendish pact or a fiendish ancestor is one possibility for the origin of a warlock's powers, but it is not the ONLY possibility. Other possibilities include having some sort of fey heritage or affinity for fey creatures. I do not have the text on hand, but the point is there are several potential sources for a warlock's power. Which of them pertains to a character is simply player choice in most cases.

In summary, a fey-origin warlock is a quite acceptable choice. :)

Moonlit_Wolf

First Post
Hey, you dropped a post on my thread inviting me here,so here I am, heh. (just to point out something, um, I actually don't have a copy of Unearthed Arcana, which you say is required for this game...any way I could just get the skinny on the rules changes you use from it? o.o; )

If I'm allowed to play, I think I'll play a half-orc barbarian (since it looks like this party might need a tank). I rolled on invisible castle, here were my results

8, 11, 13, 17, 10, 9

I wasn't sure precisely what your rules for rolling were though, so I just rolled 6 sets of 3d6. I'm used to 4d6 drop the lowest, but since you didn't specify I assumed a standard 3d6...did I assume wrong?

also, there's a house rule in my group that allows people to bring one score down two points to raise another by one...would this be allowed? I ask only because I want him to have abysmal intelligence (and proly bad charisma too) for roleplaying purposes. If you don't allow it that's cool, but I'll probably knock the stats down anyways, even without something to redeem for it.

one final question: would there be any objection to me playing an evil alignment? I won't do it if we have a paladin in the party of course, but if mfrench chooses to switch his class as you suggested, would it be alright? The idea would be that my character is so dumb that the party could probably get him to do whatever they wanted anyways. If it's not okay I'm fine with that. He'll probably be chaotic neutral in that case. Oh, and just to clarify, I'd be playing a more in-depth evil than the simplistic bloodthirsty fiend...That is to say, he wouldn't automatically want to kill innocents or consider good creatures his enemies or anything silly like that. But he would be totally willing to do whatever it took to get what he wants.

Last edited:

mfrench

First Post
I'm still deciding between Knight and Paladin, and I'm also evaluating whether or not I'll have the time to play in the game without crapping out eventually. I have a strong desire to not start any game I won't be able to finish, so my suggestion would be to make the barbarian in a way that is comfortable to you and airwalkrr. If he's Chaotic Evil, I'd probably post a Knight, and I might need to just be an Alternate.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Great, thanks for the explanation.
I can't get my stats from invisible castle, can't link them, would you care rolling for me?

Remove ads